What Will It Be.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
update is live now. first reactions i read:
revive bug is still the same. sli flickering is gone....and the newest and funniest is:
EA servers crashed and they dont know how to activate them again :) :) :)

will not spend so much on hopes that i can download the patch after work :)
--- Post updated ---
Download success. Played 10 minutes to test. Works great for me. Didn't try the new map. Maybe i find some time today....
Played 3 rounds giant's shadow with zippi. Pure sniperfield. But playable. Lot of action at the middle flags c and inside the Zeppelin. Dont drive to close the with tank.

Last edited:
newest rumors bout server locations in europe (there won't be UK or german servers):

drunkmonk74

Member BF3MOHWBF4BFHBF1
December 18, 2016 10:33PM

"EA's BF1 servers are hosted in Microsoft Azure Cloud. Meaning they are only available where MS host their cloud. In EU that would be Ireland and Holland.

This is just another reason why EA's server rental programme on PC is a total farce! They have basically dumbed down the PC server rental programme to console levels. What they should have done is uplift the console server rental programme to PC levels. But EA need to ensure max profits!!"

ireland or netherland serverlocation are not that bad and the ping should be nearly equal to a german hosting. the point i am scared aboutm is this "cloud hosting". that there is not a real gameserver hoster at the other end, you can´t know how many servers just running at one maschine. thats also would explain why the performance on the "official" servers is such different and it can be change everytime. :( omg i can´t see any light at the end of this tunnel....

Reactions: glenwilson
Is the BF4 server exactly that - a physical server with our name on and only used by us?

In theory cloud servers should be scalable depending on load and for general use that works OK. If you have a web site that is suddenly getting a lot of hits mor ebandwidth can be allocated to it and users shouldn't notice any difference in response times. However, if you have virtual servers running as an applications on a 'real' sever then it is harder to scale up. Initially you can allocate a larger proportion of processing power to the virtual server but should all the other servers running on that physical hardware also need more power there is a limit to where that can come from.

If the game is running on it's own physical server you know what the requirements are and it can be specced to suit that. With virtual servers you have another emulation level running in between that also uses some power and resources from the physical server. It is like running virtual machines on a PC, you can do it but it isn't always desirable to do.

For me so far playing on BF1 I get so many frame loss/packet loss/etc indicators it is stupid. I have had all of them appear sometimes. On BF1 it is most of the time. It doesn't appear to affect playing the game too much but you can never be sure of what is happening. I occasionally get some packet loss on BF4 but rarely any lag unless the server is dieing!

Is the BF4 server exactly that - a physical server with our name on and only used by us?

no, not if we don´t rent our own "rack" like in the past. but a serious gamehoster is managing / balancing the running virtualserver about there performance and if you have any problem they can switch you into a other rack. i do not think that they have this support or more call it, that care of the BF1 server performance. presume that it is more like they have rent maybe some hundreds racks from microsoft to run there virtual BF1 server on. if they have any issues the only support will be a restart. even more they are not required to giving support to a individual customer.

lol need same time for preperation... but i like the comment you better hit with a blow before ...nasty who thinks between the lines :sick::ROFLMAO::LOL::coffee::censored::oops::rolleyes:

Im at the stage that I go through in every new game where I wonder when I get to unlock real bullets as Im sure I still got that potato gun where it takes a lot of potatoes to make a kill. I dont like the scrolling weapon selection as it doesnt give all the weapons and have to remember what button is hiding it. Maybe Im just shit at it and so far it is very much like BF3, very few hours played. Generally running around like a headless chicken getting killed....Whoopee

Reactions: General_Misery
Classic version
--- Post updated ---
Lol that...

Attachments

• 2016-12-25-18-33-34-366329670.jpg
    2016-12-25-18-33-34-366329670.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 5
  • e56c12642682939f9650f07c33022d10.jpg
    e56c12642682939f9650f07c33022d10.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 7
Striterax
vwmean4w7zwv.png
BF3BF4BFHDecember 22 in Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program
Hi all,

Now that the latest Battlefield 1 Game Update 121316 has been released, let’s look forward on what’s on our agenda for future updates.

One of the key areas of focus for us has been the Rent-a-Server feature (RSP). We’re glad to inform you that we are kicking development into high-gear and hope to deliver a variety of requested functions to the feature. Additionally, we look to improve the overall flows on how to find and populate a rented server, and add some more settings for the admin to play with.

Below you will find a brief summary of the functions we are looking to implement in future updates. Please note that this is not a list of guaranteed features. Rather, this is a list of functionality we are investigating and/or developing.

Admin Control Panel
A separate screen you can reach from inside the game where you will find functions such as Kick/Ban along with Ban and VIP lists.

Kick/Ban
You will be able to see a list of all current players on the servers and either kick or ban them. Once banned they will be stored in the Ban List. From there you can unban them or just view the list of all currently banned players.

Ban & VIP Lists
Here, you will be be able to view and edit the Ban & VIP List.

The VIP List is a list of players that will have queue priority (even higher priority than Premium Pass owners). For instance, if you have a clan and the clan members contribute to the server cost, you can add them in the VIP List and they will put into the highest priority queue.

Password Protected Servers
We are looking to re-introduce this setting for Battlefield 1 rented servers that admins want to secure with a password. Setting a password will make the server run "Unranked", so players who join won’t receive any experience, gain medals, or progression of any kind, but they will have all equipment unlocked while playing on that server.

New Settings

Here is a list of some of the new server settings we are looking to implement in future updates:

· Squad Leader Spawn Only
A popular setting from previous titles. We are looking to add this in a future update so server admins can set this on their server.

· Behemoth on/off toggle
A new setting for admins where they can turn off the Behemoth from spawning on their servers.

· Whole Magazine Reload
A setting from previous Hardcore versions. Admins will have access to turn it on or off on their servers.

We are also looking into a re-design of how the server browser displays servers. We currently feel that the DICE Official Servers are washing out all the quality rented servers and making it difficult for players to find their favorite servers.

In an effort to address this, we are looking into giving all rented servers priority in the server browser. This means that rented servers will always be displayed at the top of the server browser.

There are other functions that we are planning for the re-design that we are not ready to talk about just yet. These functions that are in development will make the overall experience to find and join a rented server much easier and making popular rented servers even more visible inside the game.

Sincerely
Alexander "Striterax" Hassoon

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread