What Will It Be.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Watched some of the live play on Twitch last night and was generally impressed. The difference between the beta and release looks like quite a few features have been switched on and also dynamic weather that isn't scripted as it is in BF4. The funny thing is that the player they were watching was sniping players through the sand storm at an alarming rate - I would have banned him as he looked so suspect! :)

Need to see if the PC can cope with that weather though. Still don't like the spawn point select swooping map stuff.

first "review" after some days playing. honestly, i can´t give a clear judgement. as said before, PC specs are no problem. all works fine and FPS over 100 are also with a "older" graficcard like mine GTX 760 no problem at all.
the gameplay is really very different compared to all other battlefield games. the maps brings up a big mix. some are very nice for IO, some more vor vehicles but what i can say. nearly all maps are well balanced. no overpowered tanks ot planes and you have always some spots to take down your head in cover. some maps are realy really really amazing good looking. nearly looking like you playing in a simulator lol

the only thing i am not sure about is the context between map size and the amount of slots. sometimes i think 64 slots are a bit too much. guess 48 is again the best.

ohh and i love the new mortar. its just a brilliant little gadget now.

the only negative point are still the sniper ( guns ). important, only the guns because they have nearly no recoil. so you can do some nice kills with that. on the other hand, as sniper you have only singlefire guns so you are mostly fucked in infights and this means sniperclass is not overpowered at all. if you fight between cover sniper have no chance to get you from the adge of the maps but you can spot them and than they got killed from other snipers or some mates near by. :)))

I've tried a few modes and generally it is OK. Do find that I'm getting a headache after playing for a little bit though (OK 5 hours). I think that is because the visuals are a bit jerky to show you are running or moving. You could really do with a quick tutorial for things like warbonds etc. Maybe there is one but I've not found it yet.

The different game modes are probably the same as before but with different names. Catch the pigeon is like CTF. Generally the PC seems to be coping on high settings though I couldn't see much of a difference between high and medium. The single player games isn't too bad and that does give you a chance to practice tanks and other stuff. Not sure if you get stuff like you did in BF4 - will have to see what folks say about it.

Given that you can already get cheats/hacks for BF1 it isn't a surprise to see some players racking up high scores and stupid k/d's. Obviously skills acquired in other BF games will be transferable but even allowing for that... I got killed by a tank that either shot through about five doors/windows to get me or it just went through walls! There was no line of sight at all and a lucky shot doesn't add up either.

Playing with some more chums would be nice too. :)

Seriously missing the SUAV :cry:

First bug! Zip sent me a message. BF1 went all unresponsive and then fell on it's arse!
--- Post updated ---
Been trying different video settings in BF1 but still find it does my eyes in after about four hours! There does seem to be something about the video though that wasn't there in BF4. Maybe I do need a newer graphics card.

The maps will take a bit of learning. It also feels as though there aren't that many of them as just jumping in seems to serve up the same ones. Need to look at the servers and try the other maps. Guess we got spoilt with the number and variety of maps in BF4. At times it all seems to be a bit too frantic. Also, it isn't like you can jump in a heli to capture a flag across the other side of the map you generally have to get some vehicle to get there (or have a long walk).

Last edited:
Also, it isn't like you can jump in a heli to capture a flag across the other side of the map you generally have to get some vehicle to get there (or have a long walk).

but in genrell, this is not the worst gameplay for me. its not the "jump and run" you have on some BF4 maps now. tanks or helis going from flag to flag and other guys follow them to get it back. now you have really "fight" for going forward and conquer ( and that is how the game mode is called ) the next map or just defence you current map. and there are always some sideways to flank a flag and come from the other site during the mean army is going forward.

for sure i can hear the "camper, camper" moanings but some guys have still not understand that this game is working with attack and defence.

Reactions: glenwilson
Played a reasonable (sure Mrs W would add an 'un') amount now and was thinking of my impressions.

Maps. I have no idea what they are called for starters. I need to spend a little time to find out more about them. I quite like the variations in terrain and where there are buildings the different types of architecture. The destruction seems fitting too. When you get the airship coming down it does a lot of ground or building damage. Some of the maps do seem ripe for sniper camping though.

Conquest is fine but depends on the map. Actually enjoyed playing rush which I wasn't a great fan of in BF3/4. TDM is TDM!

Weapons: there doesn't appear to be the same customisation of 3&4 so it could be a case of getting something you like and sticking with it. Sniper rifles do seem to be a bit powerful at the moment. As most don't have optics snipers and are harder to spot, those with optics can be seen. Need to test how far away from dynamite you can be to see if it works like C4.

Assignments are now in the form of medals. These appear to have certain tasks which have to be done in order. For the Iron Star, you need 20 kills as assault, 10 kills with dynamite, 10 kills with anti-tank grenades, 10 with the rocket gun and then a kill streak of 5. These have to be done within a certain time limit of 7 days in this case. If you are getting the 20 assault kills, any dynamite kills don't count. Not sure what the reward is yet but it could be just xp. Getting a kill streak of 5 is proving harder than it should be.

Single player mode has a few different stories featuring different maps and individual soldiers with easy, normal and hard modes. On normal there are some challenging sections to complete. In BF4 there were tags and weapons to be had. On BF1 there are codecs, manuals and something else to collect. No idea what, if any, reward there is for completing and collecting everything. Each storyline was taking roughly about 2-3 hours to do. If you are better than me it may be quicker.

PC performance is discussed elsewhere but I have had no issues that can't be accounted for having something else running on the PC. Graphics set to medium/high/ultra didn't seem to be much different for me. Ultra did reduce the frame rate to about 50 but visually difficult to say what. If you are running a 4K screen maybe you do but at 1080 I didn't.

It doesn't seem to be too buggy. There are a few things in-game but nothing huge. Most problems have been with the new Battlefield menu and map selection screen. A couple of times it just got stuck forcing a reboot. Another it wouldn't go full screen. I still don't see why the respawn takes so long and has all the swoopy nap stuff.

Yes there are cheaters. One round today, the best normal had about 25:12 but one player was 80:10! We did notice that today there were messages from FairPlay say player X was banned. Maybe enough stats had been accumulated to trigger bans.

Overall I'm pleased with it. Need to have a play of BF4 again just to compare things.

Found out where you do the weapon upgrades but wasn't that obvious as in BF4. Sniper rifles seem so over powered at the moment and feels like you don't even have to aim much either!

If you are doing one of the medals, despite being in the right class if you get a pickup kit or use a vehicle or stationary weapon that will not count as a kill. You have to be in the basic kit.

For vehicles: er no idea either. Just had a look and nothing obvious.
--- Post updated ---
Sniper 1 shot = kill (feels like you can just fire it and someone, somewhere on the map will die)

Assault rifle = fill someone a mag/24 bullets and your dead (because they have a sniper rifle and wave it around like Harry Potter's wand and the bullet homes in on you and you get it in the head).

So you get a 64 player server and 63 are snipers and I'm the stupid trying get the assault medal and a 5 kill streak! :rage: (but only get to 4)

Tanks are powerful, which you would expect and only a fully manned house on wheels is hard to get down (the others have limited visibility so have vulnerable areas). Anti-tank weapons and gadgets are not quite powerful enough for you to singlehanded destroy one which is fair enough.

In BF4 a sniper headshot will more often get you a kill but in BF1 many rifles will give 100% damage and that seems to be anywhere you manage to get a hit. If they can see a toe you are dead. If you hip fire in roughly the right direction the enemy is dead. At the moment there is little skill in using sniper rifles. Also, some of the shots over massive distances with small magnification sights seems a bit strange too. Hope that gets sorted a bit in the first patch.

Last edited:
Sometimes BF- can be a bit shitty. The forest map is a bit like Locker with so many choke points... Noticing a few more bugs since more people have access to it now. There is definitely some weapons balancing needed. It takes an SMG mag to kill folk. There are also times where you don't hear or see anyone and then you are shot or run through by someone next to you!

I've been killed by so many players facing a different direction and have them suddenly turn around and one shot kill me from about 50m. On the city map with no other players around and above general noise I find that hard to believe they heard me before I fired. Obviously one hack does have an issue making the player invisible which has been seen a couple of times now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However, there were a couple of really funny moments today. In one round , the car that has a driver, passenger and a gun mounted in the back also had three of us standing on it too. Another time, someone fell from a plane past me ( when on the top of the chateau) and he was screaming all the way down. And, when someone got killed you could hear "it's only a flesh wound" as in Monty Python.

Reactions: lakaelo
Having played 38 hours of BF1 over the last week I feel that I am in a reasonable position to say how I feel about it.

I want to like it but every time I play I feel frustrated and disappointed. There are many physics problems with the game play where you can get killed by someone below you and with no line of sight (ignoring hackers at this point). There are other elements that just don't feel right with the weapons.

There are bugs, which you would expect but they seem to be similar to what BF4 had initially so there would be an expecting that some of those would be avoided. DirectX failures are frequent closely followed by the Battlefield has stopped working. There are glitches stopping you from going prone or climbing a simple slope or rock. Again, you would not expect as many of these hoping they learned from BF4.

Not enough maps. A couple aren't too bad but the others leave me a bit bored. Obviously there will be more to come but how much different can they be if they are still based around that era. Unless you get some that are similar to the BF4 range I'm having trouble imagining. Even when you play TDM or catch the pigeon I just wasn't having fun. The behemoths seem out of place and bring little to the game.

I managed to complete an assignment. You have to choose which medal you are doing from those available which makes you do tasks in an order. In BF4 you would just get kills etc. And they would go to various assignments. Here you get a week to do something or start again. I found it hard to get a 5 kill streak with an SMG because you need a full mag to kill someone but only enough ammo for 4 mags!

Back to servers. Sometimes you can get a good squad and get decent gameplay but other times you might as well be on your own. With no admin on any of the servers it is just a Wild West! Today, there was one player who was just really going to town on the team and individual players. I was also one a server with him yesterday. Others were trying get him to quieten down but with no success. He was going on about Jews, the N word, white supremacy, get Ebola and so on. I warned him I was taking screen shots to report him and basically was told he was going to kill me. I have reported him, as have others. I know that it is just some stupid player but it takes all the fun away. Yes you can mute chat but there is info in there.

Hackers. With some of the players it is hard not to think they are cheating in some way. With the SMG I have consciously tried different techniques to improve the number of kills I have been getting. Other can kill with a couple of shots from further away with the same gun. You get knifed by players who were nowhere near you but suddenly appear. I take out a tank with a couple of grenades and about 4 rockets. My tank takes two hits and I'm done. There are the obvious hackers but, even allowing for my probably below average skill many other seem very good. Even in fog you get sniped or shot when you can only see about 15m and they are on the other side of the map.

So. In one way I want to like it but at the moment I just find it a chore to play. It needs admins, it needs some bug fixes, it needs some solid anti-cheat methods above FairFight. Going back to BF4 for an hour was more fun than I have had all week on BF1.

Sorry for rambling on but I'm disappointed with BF1 at the moment.

Reactions: nesthead33
Hey Dudes,

we all play this game stories since decades now, so what´s new with that ?

A cool comment from [btfz]HessiJames was:
I have ordered, but will join the game not before winter.
Actualy he plays Civilization e.g. to skip the worst three months ^^

Maybee an option, mabee not ^^

so long
Tom

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Mr.X
I went BF2, BF3 and BF4 and despite issues at launch with 3 & 4 they were still worth playing and to continue playing. For me there is something missing, it may even be the interface and other changes that make it more just a game and less involving. It may even be not having NRU and other regulars all on the same server and missing the fun element of it too. I might finish off the campaign stories and stick to BF4 for a while.

this happened too much in BF1. got killed from a "physically" impossible angle. this problem was also in the beginning of BF4 ( don´t remember if BF3 also ). So why can this happened in a brandnew game again? with all that experiance of the other games??

I think that there isn't enough of a voice against BF1 at the moment. There are enough players to make it look like a success for EA/Dice. The forums on Battlefield are heavily monitored and there are few if any dissenting threads or even comments.

Hardline had issues from the start because not many actually purchased it. BF1 has had a lot of people buy it but I can imagine that the number of players will drop off as it really isn't interesting to play. I've recently found a tunnel on Caspian Border that I didn't know was there and just yesterday you showed me another one on Dawnbreaker on BF4. BF4 had about 9 maps available at the start and there are now over 30 but BF1 has only 6 and they don't seem that different. Monte Grappa, to me has the most appeal. Whilst the weather effects are good they seem to be annoying more than adding to the game particularly the fog. There is also a limited number of assignments (medals) to do in BF1 and also the lack of weapon upgrades and so on that also means your starting with all you need. Yes some kit levels do unlock other weapons but the advantage of those looks limited.

Anti-cheat really needs to be beefed up from a player point of view. I have had one or two rounds where I felt it was fair and with no obvious cheaters. There have been obvious cheats doing the 100:1 thing. However, there are so many others that have the ability to kill at silly distances, silly angles, single bullets from weapons that take us a whole mag to dispose of someone that also gets frustrating. You would think that there are ways nowadays that could determine if a cheat is being used even if you need to give the game permission to have a scan of your disk.

Hardline had issues from the start because not many actually purchased it. BF1 has had a lot of people buy it but I can imagine that the number of players will drop off as it really isn't interesting to play.

thats the hole thing on that situation that really pissing me off. BF1 was, from point of view of the commercial site, the most successful titel they ever released and, also from the commercial site, thats all they need and they don´t need to care how long player are interesting in playing it. the important note is how many games they got sold, not how satisfied the player are. you see that they giving a shit about them. even about the "clan-based" player.

sadly that the PC player haven´t a big standing for the companys anymore. we have to accept that we are a dying breed. if you look at the current game stats than you can see that only around 30% are PC player. the majority are console player. tell me wrong but i would guess that also means that this is mostly younger folk and they have other interests ingame. that you can also seen at the new battlepacks. what will i do with such a creapy weapon skin??? nothing. but the young guns are happy with them. its all about optic, grafik and marketing. nobody cares about the battelfield spirit.

naa, sadly to say but i think i will stuck in bf4 if there is no big change coming up in bf1 and/or a clan server will bring me more fun to play.

a little satisvaction for me it that it looks like the amount of player amount is fall up significantly. they got a peak of 800.000 player last weak and now they stucking under 400.000 what means they halfed. maybe that will bring up some more shitstorm for EA and hopefully they will hear something from that player.

Reactions: glenwilson and Mr.X
Well I for one am not impressed with BF1. I feel very let down by it tbh and in a way feel I might have wasted my money. Maybe its just that Im shit idk but nothing feels right in the game. Not sure if there are hacks or not but some of the things going on dont feel right, I can used an assult weapon and shot some one 5 or more time and they dont die yet get shot by the same weapon twice and die. stupid things like that. Or getting shot even when Im behind a wall or rock. loads of shit like that to much to list, I have played almost 40-50 hours now and just seem to get nothing but frustrated, which is a shame because I really wanted to enjoy it. I also feel some of the maps seem way to big and its hard to make out the enemy in others. I seem to spend the same amount of time shooting my own team as I do the enemy as I cant make out friend from foe. And dont get me started on when your using the aim button fuck half the fucking screen seems to disappear let alone the guy your shooting at cos your gun is in the way and you cant see.

I think you are in good company with your comments. I'm finding that BF4 is still a lot of fun and until there is a decent update to BF1 I'll maybe try it every now and then.

Reactions: lakaelo
wise words clifford and equal with my feeling for that game. its jsut brilliant looking but i am missing the hole fun.

after watched some youtube "how you rank up fast" same days back i tried that and now i don´t know if i have to laugh or to wine...

first, make your own squad and be the squad leader. just as the beginning give the order to get the nearest flag and get it. brings you around 1000 points even you are alone in the squad and follow your own orders. now give the order to get the next one. again 1000 points. lool now try to make some flags again and always give the order before and you get all the squad points. no matter you hold the flag for your own lmao. surely you get even more points if some folk joining your flag an follow your order too. or even more more more point if you doing that in a tank and driving from flag to flag and so on. bullshit game....

they changed the scores away from killing enemys to get "teampoints" but all what they made is a game for flagrunners. sad...

not needed to say i was first from my team once and the second round in the top 3 :D just for giving me and following my own orders lool

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread