how you can still play bf2 on our no fly server after gamespy shutdown

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
When did you got the kicks? while loading the map or ingame?
If its while loading its just because your PC loads the map to fast, thats a bug. You can prevent that by "tapping" the game to desk for 2-3 seconds.
If its ingame while playing you should update your Punkbuster! You can download the Updater from Punkbuster.com.

Last edited:
thank you Laka , i managed to do it :) :) , and thanx fides07 for your explanation ( just one problem : my weapons are not unlocked :-( )

no unlocks with using the bf2hub? or have you done it over battlelog.co?

i followed the instruction of your first film ,but i put it in the wrong folder , but Fides came to the house and in 10 minutes the issue was resolved ... but to answer your question i think i was on battlelog.co (??) .
:):)

Hi Mr x

It was during the game, ill update punkbuster as you sugget.

can someone please check the other server ( some of the top of the list ) on the battlelog.co server list and try if you have your rank and your unlocked weapons?

Battlelog.co - Servers
Yeah tried it, ranks and unl0cks are there! Why did GD set the NO Fly unranked? We were running always in the Top 5 on Battlelog after Gamespy shutdown.
Since weekend server is almost dead, this could have "broke our neck"...

Last edited:
Yep that seems to be what's going on

Seems like part of battlelog.co has been hacked as well Battlelog.co - BFHQ

Edit: It seems it might actually be bf2stats that they use that's been hacked but also has closed down

GD say they've done nothing. Unless others have been told their settings and we haven't seen it but that would be a bit weird, not really sure wtf is going on. I changed some things on the IO bf2 a second ago (turned ranked off in the config file but put -ranked as a startup command) probably won't have done anything but waiting for someone to test it.

If it fails I think I might just reinstall the IO and see if it actually does change anything.

Okay that idea didn't work but what I did find is some logs:
[29/07/2014 15:40:32] SYSTEM Server is starting in RANKED mode.
[29/07/2014 15:40:32] SYSTEM Starting in: C:\xxgames\smcmurray\1947\
[29/07/2014 15:40:32] SYSTEM Starting Mod: bf2
[29/07/2014 15:40:32] SYSTEM Started file: Bf2_w32ded.exe
[29/07/2014 15:40:34] SYSTEM BF2 process is starting
[29/07/2014 15:40:34] SYSTEM Restarting process
[29/07/2014 15:41:06] SYSTEM BF2 process has stopped on Map: Unable to Query Map Name
[29/07/2014 15:41:06] SYSTEM Process terminated waiting for 10 seconds before restart.
[29/07/2014 15:41:16] SYSTEM Server Start Check: Checking RCON port: 4731

So that's where it's getting stuck in a loop

gonna try somethings

Edit: right fuck that shit re-creating profiles didn't work, simple 1 map list didn't work, command line and config edits didn't work, not ever reinstalling works and GD are no help

Ok peeps, I found this on the Battlelog.co site:
[h=2]Multiplayer Servers[/h] Apply for ranked server license.

What license?

Cant we set our own ranking system on our Dedi, think as we had our Mod server I posted something like that? Like the Aix Mod or some others have their own ranking system/Bfqh..

@sam is that using bf2cc ?
@sek the cock lover aix is a add on for bf2 linked with project reality they have made there own stats etc

I used BF2cc to edit profiles, then when that didn't work tried it all by hand using the website.

Read the gd ticket they say all other servers are using bf2hub ranked files and that's why...

The easyway just replace bf2.exe, check the below link for details and download file

EDIT: LINK DELETED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, guys!

I didn't come back to BF2 for a while and just discovered GameSpy is over. With your help, I was able to get the game running again, but my ranks, stats, etc were apparently lost. According to the "internet", I should have made a back up of my account using BF2Hub until sometime ago and after that it is no longer possible to recover. Do you confirm this information? Is it really impossible to get my ranks/unlocks back?

Almost 10 years of playing... I'm sad. =(

Did you dowloaded BF2hub,if you open it, there should be a button: backup accounts. Try it. Also you should Register at Battlelog.co with exact your BF2 Name and Password. they saved millions of Stats, if you have luck they saved yours too and they can connect it to your account in some weeks..

Last edited:
Odp: Re: how you can still play bf2 on our no fly server after gamespy shutdown

Hi, guys!

I didn't come back to BF2 for a while and just discovered GameSpy is over. With your help, I was able to get the game running again, but my ranks, stats, etc were apparently lost. According to the "internet", I should have made a back up of my account using BF2Hub until sometime ago and after that it is no longer possible to recover. Do you confirm this information? Is it really impossible to get my ranks/unlocks back?

Almost 10 years of playing... I'm sad. =(

10 years is quite a lot, even though the game is only 9 years :) If you have not saved your account on battlelog.co either BF2HUB now is pray and hope for luck.
I wish you luck;)
PS. If it does not work still you have luck because through this arrive at this awesome forum;)

Users who are viewing this thread