how you can still play bf2 on our no fly server after gamespy shutdown

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I watched the video, i get how to do it, I m registered at battlelog before the shutdown, but i cant remember my password!! Ive tried to reset it on the battlelog page but it won t work. I type in my username, then hit reset password, and nothing happens, no email, no message, nothing! wtf?? Any ideas would be appreciated as I m looking forward to meeting you all on the battlefield once again.

Ask Mr X he has done it
No that was at Bf2hub!
Killerhamster please ask at Battlelog.co for a password reset.

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I watched the video, i get how to do it, I m registered at battlelog before the shutdown, but i cant remember my password!! Ive tried to reset it on the battlelog page but it won t work. I type in my username, then hit reset password, and nothing happens, no email, no message, nothing! wtf?? Any ideas would be appreciated as I m looking forward to meeting you all on the battlefield once again.

Ask Mr X he has done it
No that was at Bf2hub!
Killerhamster please ask at Battlelog.co for a password reset.

why so complicated? is it not the easiest way to download bf2hub. save the stats/account again and play with that? so he had saved his stats for sure and after that you can try to reset your password on battlelog.co

I could be completely wrong ofc but if gamespy is offline and the somehow "saved" the stats wouldn't that mean they saved your old password with it? In my eyes this would mean that your OLD password will be needed to verify that account even belongs to you and it might be very difficult for them to actually change it.

I could be completely wrong ofc but if gamespy is offline and the somehow "saved" the stats wouldn't that mean they saved your old password with it? In my eyes this would mean that your OLD password will be needed to verify that account even belongs to you and it might be very difficult for them to actually change it.
Your right Loeft, but as I know they replace the password at Battlelog with the one you choose there and that works for the Battlelog Launcher but not for BF2hub.

Best way is to use BF2hub, if you run the account backup there and you have the invalid password problem: http://noobs-r-us.co.uk/battlefield-2-a/1702-bf2hub-invalid-password-fix.html
tada

Last edited:
From the Battlelog.co site:
BF2Hub and us are on the same team now. Were working together.
BF2Hub is just a fix for now you can use, but we will be merging our systems later on. We do have more planned than just fixing the game.

Good to hear they work together now!

The problem I have with the battlelog guys is they seem to sort of want to mod the game, which I feel is not the best path to take. I appreciate the work they are doing of course I just feel their path isn't the best.

Edit: I feel this idea is also bad

Server owners now have a face to each server. If we have enough complaints the system will rate the server down into what is called Fade Existence. Not to get into details about how this works but it severely limits there public exposure in the game and website.

The problem I have with the battlelog guys is they seem to sort of want to mod the game, which I feel is not the best path to take. I appreciate the work they are doing of course I just feel their path isn't the best.
I also think that means they want to mod the game, what could be great if its a good mod, you practicly can add everyhing to the game and its a shame for EA that some of the existing Mod's are better than the original BF2.But if they add Mod's I think you can still play the original BF2 by simply just not patching it...

Last edited:
I also think that means they want to mod the game, what could be great if its a good mod, you practicly can add everyhing to the game and its a shame for EA that some of the existing Mod's are better than the original BF2.But if they add Mod's I think you can still play the original BF2 by simply just not patching it...

community is a big brainfactory and a lot of guys can and want to use almost the same time and passion as a developer does when he works on the game!

What i am mad about is is that the so called triple a games dont support modders anymore most of the times!

I super noob and need help. Downloaded BFS hub client, backed up account and was verified...now what? I still can not play multiplayer or login?

1.Open the BF2hub (your Antivir or Firewall may block this, if then allow it there)...2.click: enable BF2hub network in the BF2hub Launcher...3. Click your Battlefield2.exe (icon on Desktop)...4. Enter your accountname and password!

Last edited:
must have password issue, still error. is late here and try again tomorrow....it seems straight forward but no go :(

must have password issue, still error. is late here and try again tomorrow....it seems straight forward but no go :(
strange, if your account have been verified I wonder why there are password isuies.
You can try to save your password again by doing this: http://noobs-r-us.co.uk/battlefield-2-a/1702-bf2hub-invalid-password-fix.html

Note: You have to use your password you always had for your account, this one wich was saved at Gamespy!!!!
Also did you clicked: enable BF2hub Network??? And are you sure your Antivir/Firewall doesnt block it??

Last edited:
Can we make a own closed sticky thread with both (battlelog and bf2hub) step by step videos ?! that would be great!

(3rd post)
Feeling guilty now, I always seem to ask questions, maybe I will answer one, one day :)
The good news is that I have managed to get BF2hub working by patching my game to 1.5 as suggested previously (thanks guys).
The bad news is that I still have some issues, "I get kicked off some servers because of Punkbuster?" & a message saying "Please revert to the standard game" while I was playing on Wake Island. I do not understand this, any ideas as to why? Otherwise I am really happy to be playing BF2 again, big thanks to those who made this possible :D

Users who are viewing this thread