how you can still play bf2 on our no fly server after gamespy shutdown

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lakaelo, many thanks for all the troubles you have taken to help us.
Excellent job.

Hi All, just joined this site.

I am a keen Battlefield 2 player, and am trying to get my game working again.
I installed BF2 HUB, clicked "Enable BF2Hub Network", clicked on "Backup Account", saved my account but I noticed that it did not save the CD key?

Any way, started the game and after trying to logon, "Invalid Parameters" appeared and the game did not start.
Any help you can provide me with, please?

you ticked on the cd-keys to save them? fiirst click on back up account, than click on enable bf2hub. if you get a error than disable bf2hub again and try it again in right order.

ok, i updated the video howto with the new bf2hub client 1.5. just have a look at the first page of this thread.

@Pony, if you just cant get BF2hub to work you alternitive can try the battlelog.co Launcher.

Hi @all,

I tried to use BF2Hub, but I cannot save my Account because I didn't save my password in my profile (Status of my Account = "password not found in profile file"). Did anybody knows a way to solve this problem, e.g. how to write my password in this profile file ?

Thanks,
flensi

Are we talking about the profile stored locally on your computer? The file that stores this info should be readable by any text editor program, not sure if the passwords are stored in a hashed format though.

Hi samoz83,

yes I mean the local profile that ist stored in the file "Profile.con". If you set the auto-saved function than there is a line like 'LocalProfile.setPassword "0198h72a3..."', but in my case not because I never saved it. And yes the password ist not stored as readable string, so that I don't know how to make the right string.

Thanks for your reply,
flensi

This might be pretty difficult to fix, it doesn't look like something simple like md5 hashing they are using extra data added to the password I think. I have found decoding bf2 password tools so maybe we can find the source of documentation to these to see if we can do the opposite and encode one

I can't believe it - but I fixed the problem. I just make a new account with the same password and copied this into my "normal" Profile. I was really surprised as this works :D
Thank you for your attention !

Good night,
flensi

Last edited:
I can't believe it - but I fixed the problem. I just make a new account with the same password and copied this into my "normal" Profile. I was really surprised as this works :D
Thank you for your attention !

Good night,
flensi
I have the problem that I cant backup my SEK-Leader account via BF2hub because I think BF2hub cant find the password, I guess. I made a new account but where is this data saved. Cant find this LocalProfile.setPassword line in the Profile folder?...

Hi again (2nd post)
I managed to get BF2hub working by installing the 1.4 BF2 game patch.
Only trouble is that there was only two servers listed, and no players on either sever?
I would love to join you on the noobs server for a game but your server was not listed?
Pony

Hi again (2nd post)
I managed to get BF2hub working by installing the 1.4 BF2 game patch.
Only trouble is that there was only two servers listed, and no players on either sever?
I would love to join you on the noobs server for a game but your server was not listed?
Pony
You have to install also the 1.5 Patch!!!!!!
first the 1.4 and then the 1.5!!!!!
with only 1.4 you cant find our server or others!!!

Quote from BF2Hub Support:

Since the backup error message says "invalid username and/or your password" you already know that either your username or your password is incorrect.

Please try the following FOR EACH of your accounts that got an error message:

1. Download the BF2Hub Password Encrypt Tool -> http://www.bf2hub.com/downloads/bf2hubpwdenc.exe
2. Enter the password for your account
3. Click "Copy Encrypted Password to Clickboard"
4. Open your Profiles.con file of your account
5. Find -> LocalProfile.setPassword "SOMERANDOMSTRING"
6. Replace " SOMERANDOMSTRING" with the encrypted password
7. Save your Profiles.con file of this account

Note:
- The term SOMERANDOMSTRING means the character string between the double quotes!
- You find your Profiles.con file of your account in Documents -> Battlefield 2 -> Profiles -> Profilenumber (e.g.: 0001, 0002, 0003,...)

I tried it and that works!!! Have my rank and unlocks now on BF2hub!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread