First experiences of BF4 here please

• Thread starter Deleted member 432
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Yes hopefully official version is better and patches removes problems. Most of whine was about people, i was just so frustrated to assholes who takes even beta try "pussy way" camping and whoring. And if getting one shot killed with pistol 100m away while parachute jump is not cheating im fakin Santa Claus... Game makers should remove KDR and counting of deaths, maybe then these people with little cocks would dare play fair and just have fun.

lol heikk :D

maybe this was really a cheater but pistol is a sniper at the moment sooooo good on range ;)

well weird... i load the game, loads nicely... come to the deployment screen and nothing works, i mean origin overlay or what it is opens up with shift+F1 but even that won't accept my mouse clicks, nothing will in the game, anyone else
had this?

I had that yesterday and when the hasn't loaded if crash to desktop and moving my mouse took ages

aye odd, i could popup that shift + F1 thingie but it wouldn't take my mouse at all, the game itself wouldn't take my mouse at all nor esc or anything like that, only thing that worked was alt + tab and shift + F1
restarted my browsers and origin, i was told that might help, we'll see :)

well didn't help, still the same result despite the server change, restarting computer, browser and origin...

8th server i tried and still the same.. ah well time for dinner then

now it works, after updating vcredist, directx and punkbuster (btw the game install didn't install punkbuster, had to manually install it)
i finally installed nvidia beta 331.40 drivers and now it works... pft.. be seeing you on the battlefield :)

Last edited:
I get that too but I just hit Exit (to options etc.) and then Resume - works for me at least...

I get that too but I just hit Exit (to options etc.) and then Resume - works for me at least...

aye tried it, didn't work at all, but finally updating drivers to latest beta did the trick :)

ok very quick first impressions as I only played for 5 mins while waiting to go out... but for a beta its ok, what weapons I tried felt nice, similar to bf3, gfx are a bit patchy as I would expect atm but I quite liked the map & the vehicles seemed to be destroyed a lot easier which is a big plus. didn't really notice any obvious cheating but I was only on for a few minutes will try & get back on later this evening when I get back.

Oh & the beta NVidia drivers made a big difference before I updated them it was pretty unplayable.

Those on Nvidia cards that are having performance issues, try this:
Turn on adaptive V-sync in your Nvidia control panel, turn Vsync off in-game, and set the games priority to "Low" in task manager.
In console you can type "perfoverlay.drawfps 1" to show an FPS counter in the corner.

I played for awhile tonight and actually did pretty well. It was fun to actually hitsomeone...frag u guys soon

Last edited:
I tried with some OC of my i5 2500k (some 30%) it seemed to work fine; think I got an increase in fps from 40 average to about 65 (or was it just random luck?).

Last edited:
don't think that's luck mate, bf4 uses all 4 cores and goes upto 100% on each core for me. i've got the same CPU and i've OC'd it to 4.5 but i'll get anywhere from 45 - 65 with everything at ultra with no motion blur & 2x AA.

what temps are you getting for your CPU under stress loads?

I've got water cooling of the CPU and a huge case (CM HAF-X) so I'll get about 50 C max :) If I just do some web surfing and e.g. MS Office work it's at around 30 C. And yes, I've seen CPU load at that level too...

Last edited:
Played couple rounds, it was shit. Lag spikes, endless rows of spawnrape, campers on every flag and roof and half of deaths are suspicious instant headshot aimbot kills... Soo funny... NOT. Im seriously considering having a life if this shit is future of BF.

getting a life sounds good, a myth but good nontheless

yes, now the point comes i don´t play it anymore till the final game is out.

still i think it will be a very nice game but this one map is boring now and way too small for so many experienced players. everytime the same spots and situations. even PB is not runnig and you can´t admin this.

it was nice to take a look in that game but i don´t need to play this unfinished old crap full of bugs, glitches and lag more than that. lol

Hello there yet again beloved cocos :D
It's been quite a while for me playing battlefield as I had a lot of other things to do and couldn't really bring my mind into playing bf3.

Allas with the launch of bf4 beta I had to try it out and these are my foundings thusfar :D

- I cannot really play 64 player big conquest as I simply cannot run it
- I've been playing domination pretty much only thusfar and I'm running it on 720p (instead of my native 1080p on which I can play without any problems on bf3) simply because my pc can't handle it.
- It's definitely not bf3.1 :p
- I like the addition of 'power weapons', which reminds me of the halo gameplay style, which I like. I find it improves map experience and leads to people holding of areas.
- The class balance is very well done
- The battlepack thing seems quite odd to me... but thats more specifically because i want a green laser sight for a specific weapon...
- Alot of people are camping on top of the mall in domination (I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's allways fun to kill all the camper :D).
- Can't really tell anything about vehicular gameplay, since I can't possibly fly in a chopper due to lag and 'dis'availability of the chopper.
- Tanks are quite well balanced. they are powerful, but also very easy to ambush within the narrow streets.

I think that was pretty much all. I've been enjoying the game for quite a while now.
Was kindoff hoping there would be a map with jets too.
Eventhoug the missing jets, I've been quite enjoying myself with domination :).

Users who are viewing this thread