First experiences of BF4 here please

• Thread starter Deleted member 432
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Yes i think same way, recon would help so much more if it moves with squad and does something. Most of recons just wank on same roof whole round watching others trying to do something useful. In BF3 Soflam was only thing why i could not say Recon is useless camping pussy. :welsh: Now in BF4 it can help by using that laser designator, destroying tanks or ambushing enemy infantry with C4 etc. I see carbine better choice for C4-using recon than sniper rifle becouse you have to be close enough to use C4. It's like spec ops of BF2 what was my favorite kit becouse of decent carbine and lots of entertainment offering C4. :) But skilled active moving sniper like Marenghi can be good teammate too, helping by spotting, picking out enemy snipers and other long range infantry and giving long range support in firefights.

I love the role of sniper and c4 makes it easier to go running up to vehicles so I can blow em up.

Been playing a bit of Domination and that seems to be OK though I have started to get game crashes in that mode. A few cheaters around too. Impossible shots from the other side of the map and shooting through walls. That would be the one aspect I would like to see improved. Also, getting some of the "better" weapons and upgrades helps too.

yeah I rage uninstalled it.... fukin poxy game, not sure if it was my connection, hit reg or just cheating tossers but I spent most of the weekend emptying clips into thin air only to be one shot wonder killed immediately they spotted me. But I've seen enough to know this is gonna be a disappointment.
As previously mentioned it just feels like an upgraded bf3 to me with a new map! there is not really anything amazingly improved from bf3, its better yes, but not the uber incredible game dice are blowing there own trumpets about. I am genuinely thinking of cancelling my pre-order... only reason I haven't already is the other games I've bought recently have all been disappointing & I need something to waste many hours playing.

So if anyone wants me I can be found on the bf3 tdm server lol

yeah I rage uninstalled it.... fukin poxy game, not sure if it was my connection, hit reg or just cheating tossers but I spent most of the weekend emptying clips into thin air only to be one shot wonder killed immediately they spotted me. But I've seen enough to know this is gonna be a disappointment.
As previously mentioned it just feels like an upgraded bf3 to me with a new map! there is not really anything amazingly improved from bf3, its better yes, but not the uber incredible game dice are blowing there own trumpets about. I am genuinely thinking of cancelling my pre-order... only reason I haven't already is the other games I've bought recently have all been disappointing & I need something to waste many hours playing.

So if anyone wants me I can be found on the bf3 tdm server lol

whining bitch lol :ass:

honestly you are right. the beta is also annoying me. some minutes are enough to bring me to bad mood. mostly laggy as hell for me not at last always if i going into infight. switched the settings but still crap. looking from the gamesite i think it will be a nice game and i am exited to play the finish game but the beta is enough for me now. so i waiting for the game, more maps, balance and at least anticheating plugins :) :banned:

agrees lag like hell, sniper faaaanys etc. waiting for the real one. bf 3 in meantime :ass:

Posted as things DICE "will fix" before launch:

Low frame rate/stuttering
PC players may have experienced trouble in the Beta getting the game running at a good frame rate. Rest assured that we're using the information we received to optimize the performance for the launch of the game. We also released three game client updates and a number of game server updates during the Beta to address some of these issues and to gather more information to ensure a smoother launch.

Stuck on loading screen
We have identified some of the reasons why players, mainly on PC, were getting stuck on the loading screen and are currently working around the clock to decrease the rate at which this occurs. The latest PC patch for the Beta helped for some players and we are confident we will be able to minimize this issue for launch.

High CPU usage during the Beta
CPU usage could sometimes skyrocket for dual, quad and six-core processors. We identified some of the reasons and released three patches with fixes that went live during the Beta, to address the problems. This was a true Beta, and as such all the crash reports that were generated during this period will actually help us make a better game.

Controller layouts (X360/PS3)
We've increased the available controller options in Battlefield 4, including the new controller layout and multiple alternatives that we hope will make you feel right at home. If you're more comfortable with the controls from Battlefield 3, we've got you covered. Just by bringing up the options menu, you can choose the "Legacy" layout, which is similar to that in Battlefield 3.

Empty server listings (X360/PS3)
While in the Server Browser you may have seen lists of empty servers. By changing the filter options, you'll be able to find populated servers that you can join. You can also use the "Quick Match" function to quickly get into the action.

The elevator catapult (All platforms)
Although an interesting concept, elevators were never designed to act as a catapult or teleporter. The bug where the elevator button would catapult you up into the air is fixed for the final game. But we did enjoy all the crazy videos you've posted. Thanks!

Gameplay balancing
We are still balancing gameplay, and in true DICE fashion will continue to do so well after the release of Battlefield 4. Below are just some of the gameplay changes based on your feedback that we're making in time for the launch of the game.

Infantry Changes

Fixed how the player only receives a single local damage sound effect if he or she was the victim of a quick, clean kill. The sound and camera impact effect had too long a cool down between hits. This should improve the responsiveness of being killed and taking damage.
Reduced the fire rate of the AK12 in burst from 1000rpm to 750rpm. The rate of fire was too high when combined with the low recoil of the weapon, making it more powerful than intended in burst mode.
Tweaked the compensator and muzzle brake so they're properly less accurate in sustained automatic fire.
Reduced and rebalanced full auto accuracy based on rate of fire for all automatic weapons to balance low ROF weapons. Low ROF weapons were remaining accurate long enough to get easy kills outside of their intended optimal range.
Increased the default throw distance of the portable ammo and med packs. This makes it easier to throw these packs to teammates.
Portable ammo packs now reload 2 magazines of bullets instantly and up a total of 4 magazines per pack over time. The player must stay on top of the ammo pack in order to benefit from all of the ammo reloading. Grenades, RPG's, and other explosive launchers do not benefit from the instant reload function of the Ammo Pack.
Increased the muzzle flash of the 25mm and 40mm launchers to make their threat position more visible.
Fixed an issue where the knife stab didn't align with the kill event.
The revive time has been increased from 7s to 10s.

Vehicle Changes

Fixed some descriptions of weapons for vehicles that incorrectly described the function of the weapon.
Increased the damage of the Stinger and IGLA to 3 hits to kill attack choppers (was 25%, now 35%).
Increased the speed of all TOW guided missiles to 75m/s from 50m/s so they can catch-up to fast vehicles like the Quad bike.
Increased the sustained fire accuracy of the Coaxial LMG on armored vehicles because it was underpowered.
Reduced the damage the 40mm and 25mm infantry weapons do to armored vehicles to highlight their anti-infantry role.
Reduced the damage main gun on the IFVs against other armor to highlight their primarily anti-infantry role.
Fixed an issue where the tank main gun did not correctly hit the center of the crosshair at all times.
Multiple options are now available for controlling how your vehicles steer with a joystick on all platforms, as well as improved the responsiveness of steering while accelerating.

Locking Weapon Changes

RPG7 and SMAW can no longer lock on to Laser Designated Targets. It was inauthentic and not balanced.
Fixed some projectiles not warning vehicles when they were fired on a Laser Designated target. Reduced the lock on distance for RPGs, SMAW, and MBT LAW missiles to 350m from 500m. This gives the IGLA the clear long range AA role for soldiers, and keeps the team play element of Laser Designation.
All Laser Designated missiles now do a maximum of 90% damage to Attack and Scout helicopters (down from 100%). This was done to give helicopters a chance to use their Fire Extinguisher countermeasure even against Laser Designated weapons.

General Changes

The kill string in the score log now appears sooner, making the UI more responsive to a kill event.
The aim assist on X360/PS3 has been tweaked to be more consistent at all ranges. The assist was over powerful at close range, and not powerful enough at medium range. Players should now find that close combat requires much more player input and the snap to a target is far less forgiving. At medium range the player should experience a bit more assistance tracking targets, but generally still reduced aim assist effectiveness.

PC Specific Changes

Fixed a string in On Foot PC key bindings that should have read "CROUCH (TOGGLE) / PRONE (HOLD)".
Removed an unused "Underslung" key binding on PC, the "Select Gadget 1″ key binding now controls both of these actions as expected.

Trying to be objective about it is quite hard as most of us have been playing and got used to BF3 for sometime.

Reflecting subjectively on it, BF4 is maybe more "real" as there is limited ammo, you move slower and so on compared to BF3. IT also feels slow, I don't mean lags but just as though it is running at 70% of full speed. I'm getting good frame rates and the PC is not being stretch too much so it isn't a hardware issue as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the code was old and hasn't been optimised yet? After playing BF4, BF3 feels very fast, mouse movements react much quicker and the pace of the game feels faster.

The TDM like mode, I felt was better on that map. You didn't have all the dust effects from the tower coming down and it looked and felt better to play. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the more open maps. I didn't see the BF3 beta so cannot compare like for like.

I can probably understand better why people still play BF2 and why BF3 may still be something that will still get played even after BF4 is out.

The BF3 beta blew bigggggggggggg, & comparatively speaking bf4 looks better but the thing I have been disappointed with its just doesn't seem that different... so far.

I don't have your optimism re bf3 tho I think it will die a quick & painless death if bf4 is half decent, so many people that play the battlefield hate it. The only thing that may keep bf3 alive is if bf4 is too demanding hardware wise?

Read the article Mat and I was willing to take the BF4 plunge...until I read the paragraph about the games 'Cod style kill-cam' which essentially gives away your position to your victim especially if you're sniping which for me is a massive negative and definitley a deal breaker...unless the kill-cam can be switched off in server settings??

My £40 staying in my wallet(for now) and EA can get straight to fuck

Read the article Mat and I was willing to take the BF4 plunge...until I read the paragraph about the games 'Cod style kill-cam' which essentially gives away your position to your victim especially if you're sniping which for me is a massive negative and definitley a deal breaker...unless the kill-cam can be switched off in server settings??

My £40 staying in my wallet(for now) and EA can get straight to fuck

Well on BF4 Beta you could see the person who killed you but in no way did it give away there position, well very very really any way, not like BF3 style
The camera was very closely focused on the killer so surroundings could not be seen

spunky u really didnt get to see much with the kill cam just a closeup of the guy u really couldnt see where they were just who they were. why didnt u give the open beta a go m8?

its a good tool to check if the kill is not dodgy and only camping donkeys who life on hotel roofs fears the killcam. :popcorn:

To whom would you be referring to there you sausage munching fanny?? lmfao....BF4 not even in the shops yet and already I have a German labrador owning mouse bothering cable laying chunky enemy number 1 to t-bag from launch day one lmao

aaah good news that the kill-cam can be turned off..now I feel better.

I didnt try the beta yet as I read it was a bit crap and unstable..I much prefer to wait for the finished game which even then has bugs & issues

Actually i can often know place of enemy from killcam of BF3, you need just watch landscape around/behind guy and try remember "Where is that rock/building/thing x?"

In BF3 one thing what sometimes gives you some benefit is watching "background" of spawning waiting screen. In TDM you can see map from up and get information where is guys. In normal conquest you can see to flags whats going on when you select it to your spawnpoint. I often watch it some seconds before spawning, just if i can get helping clues. Same thing if you are spawning to squad mate, you can follow what is situation and be prepared to it when you spawn. If you don't see enemy directly you can have clue where they are if somebody of your team is watching and shooting towards them. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If i'm honest spunky BF4 beta is way better than bf3 beta was & the shanghai map is pretty good with plenty of cover for infantry, the beta wasn't too buggy when I played & they seem to have made balance better as its easier to take down vehicles, but the big jump in grfx from bf2 - bf3 isn't repeated & it many ways it feels like a bf3 upgrade... which isn't all bad

Also I don't know how others have found running the game but with my hardware it was good, so i'm only thinking of adding some more ram to my system if anything at all?

Yes BF4 beta was generally so similar than BF3 gameplay, biggest differences are new guns/maps/features like elevators and how map changes after destroying something. And different balance, faster moving and move powerful rockets against tanks are good. Life of engy is shit until you unlock your first carbine, default PDW pie shooters needs whole clip to eye of enemy to kill somebody. :p Counter stabbing is annoying, why bother youself anymore to stab somebody if he can everytime counter stab you with ninja moves? I will shoot enemy to back rather than miss sure kills in future.

Im thanking myself luckily i was not scrooge when i was buying new computer at summer, now i dont need upgrade it for BF4. :welsh: At least beta was running well, biggest problems were crashings of that unstable crap. :p

Users who are viewing this thread