First experiences of BF4 here please

• Thread starter Deleted member 432
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
the balance will be addressed before the release the tanks are just to easy to take down. I got killed in a tank from the air blast weapon for god's sake lol. All in all im not to sure about it at the moment but i haven't played it much yet.

I had a quick play at 09:00 and my initial thoughts were that it reminded me of BF2 in the sound quality and also the gameplay felt "old". There was a fair bit of lag too but that could have been down to the number of players switching on for a first time.

Playing later in the afternoon and on a different server it felt like a different experience. With old NVidia drivers I was getting about 55 to 60fps on ultra at 2560x1080 which I was pleased with. There were some obvious glitches with objects floating but that happens in BF3 still. It did appear to be a bit rough around the edges and some textures were a little plain. Given the time before official release this is either an older code version and they are saving the polished code for the final version. The beta may be to test the infrastructure more than the final code (though that would probably be a part of it at some level).

Overall I thought it was pretty good and look forward to seeing the other maps that are more open with less tall buildings. Still no KFCs though (mmmm chicken dripping with grease_.

not to forget and dont know if enebody tried the spectator mode? its also brilliant to admin the game. you can see every player from 1. person, 3. person or free cam over the hole map to see some players gamestyle to check about aiming ( aimbot ).

very very nice to check players and together with fraps you can save the movie again like the good old battlerecorder in bf2.

this spectator mode will bring us back a very nice tool to found cheaters.

Loaded NVidia beta drivers and probably lost about 10 fps. If it ain't broke don't fix it applies. Played for about ten minutes this morning and felt the code still feels quite rough and again reminded me of a playing BF2 recently.

well im cancelling my pre order dont like the game very much at all..that map is a piece of shit. snipers can camp right up on top the tallest buildings and you cant even see them.its going to be a camp fest.i think this is going to be a pile of poo but might just get it later on we will see if the other maps are any better.

I like most of it, I don't really like that map it's quite interactive which is fun but the I find the minimap annoying and agree with Diamonddog about the snipers. They can just camp anywhere well fucking annoying

Videos what im seen make me fear bad map design. Lots of choke points and camping places like elevator, corridors... Island maps where you are trapped at island and propably get raped by boat whores or aircraft all time. :p

sam and sgt dogmust have played a nother game than me. lol really the snipers are never a problem. you got shot by them, same like tanks, heli´s or others. for me the map is nice balanced and when u stay cover ( like you have to do always lol ) you have no problem with snipers bebause you can get all flags covered inside a building.

also the spots up the houses are quite high so its hard to hit someone down on earth.

andy and i talked yesterday about a round and we both said that was one of the best fights we had always to get this flag. we defends as IO against heli and tanks and it was hard but we got it. i am just surprised how balanced it is because also on foot you have a good chance to destroy a tank.

ok ,the elevator is a bottleneck and if the camp upsite in the building its stupid to drive up with the elevator. so you have to got the heli to clear the roof. thats it. also if the commander mode is working ( not in beta ) you can clear the roof with a airstrike / arti and the roof guys are fucked.

once more, i am very impressed how good and balanced the gameplay is.

edit: the only thing i found is that stingers should be stronger. you need 3 or 4 hits to get the heli down but therefor its easier to hit the heli and its well damaged after the first hit and have to go in cover. will see how this works if the game startet.

yapp laka had the same experience :D

you can have good games as pretty everything... heli might be a bit tooo good and mighty against tanks ;)

but i like the idea that rpg is better than c4 against tanks again ;)

most of the times you can take cover pretty good as infantrie against snipercockcampers and i like snipergameplay as offensive sniper pretty much not too bad and not too good:D

btw this specialweapons you can get at the big skyscraperflag are maybe a bit good ! (sniper with 11 bullets in one magazine semiAUTOMATIC one shotkill !!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? may be overbalanced in my eyes xD)

oh and joker a friend of mine said the boat is TOO good :D never played it but he made 20 kills in it in 5 minutes or so xD

tbh forgot about commander mode, perhaps i wont cancel, because as lakaelo has said they will become easy pickings when that's up and running. I just dont like the map at the mo, but the tower coming down is nice.

there will be more than one map and i always hated some maps in bf games :D

btw this specialweapons you can get at the big skyscraperflag are maybe a bit good ! (sniper with 11 bullets in one magazine semiAUTOMATIC one shotkill !!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? may be overbalanced in my eyes xD)
therefore you can´t change your weapon. if you do it you loose this special weapons again. so its not such a big thing.

boats are great but thats boats. lol you have not a big area for that to shot and only defend or get one of the flags. or maybe some stupid guys run around at the river in boat range. also they are very nice to get some tanks who driver around the road near the water.

but that is the point what i talking about. this is the balance i mean. boats, tanks, helis, IO alsways you have a chance in a fight.

yea i know there will be more maps and to be fair i hate and hated metro in bf3 beta so its about right that i dont like this one lol. we will see i wont cancel as im getting it cheaper than on origin anyway..

:D but i hate the limited ammo of 5 shots or so you have in tanks :D

i mean it refreshs slooooooooow and it hated infinite tankammo in bf3 but that is bullshit :D

lost my ammo in the middle of fight... lost it only because ammo was not "refreshed"

:D but i hate the limited ammo of 5 shots or so you have in tanks :D

i mean it refreshs slooooooooow and it hated infinite tankammo in bf3 but that is bullshit :D

lost my ammo in the middle of fight... lost it only because ammo was not "refreshed"

lmao you are just cocks. if we got the tankwhore who sitting in a tank round after round you are all moaning. now they restricted the ammo to 5 shots and after that u need a longer refresh brake you are moaning too. lol

love this 5 bullets think because that is the best against the vehicle whores.

had a quick blast as i'm to tired from working but a big thumbs up from me as on one of the bridges you can press a button and raise the bollards. game's sold for me now :)

therefore you can´t change your weapon. if you do it you loose this special weapons again. so its not such a big thing.

You can switch back to a battlepickup weapon....its like number button 8 or 9 or something high(its after all yur guns and gadgets)... alternativly use the mouse scroll wheel

had a quick blast as i'm to tired from working but a big thumbs up from me as on one of the bridges you can press a button and raise the bollards. game's sold for me now :)

On the same map you can raise or lower the "shutters" on a shop making it effectively open to all fire or a nice little hide out...Think its the D flag on Shanghai

Videos what im seen make me fear bad map design. Lots of choke points and camping places like elevator, corridors... Island maps where you are trapped at island and propably get raped by boat whores or aircraft all time. :p
Hi heikk I will say this the maps layout is great.the bright got insurance has an above ground car driving areas and under that is the got bridges u can walk on .if yr under the tanks they can wore up on u.I think the maps provide many places to hide

Users who are viewing this thread