corona panic

glenwilson

NRU Heed
When you look at how effective New Zealand has been and that there are no longer any restrictions it puts into perspective how rubbish the government here (UK) has been. We are currently at 41k deaths directly linked to the virus. Excess deaths (including the 41k) are at about 65k above what you would normally expect for the same period.

In Scotland we have different restrictions to England and are currently still effectively locked down. Whilst we want thing to go back to normal I would rather have a longer time like this and be confident that it is safe than what appears to be happening down south and across the pond. Some US states are seeing significant spikes after opening up. I can see people being wary for a long time even after it is mainly over.

After looking at masks my wife was saying most are just half of a bikini top with elastic loops on!

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Groucho Marx. Not one of the three stooges - I had to look it up as I am not that old to remember them (before Heiki makes a comment 🙂). Got a Matisse one for the Mrs. Will give it a test run in the supermarket tomorrow.

Reactions: lakaelo

glenwilson

NRU Heed
I should have thought Groucho Marx must be in the Marx brothers but still looked it up. I really need more coffee before I become a fully functioning human.

SCAR-H

NRU Member
That you look like shaved santa claus is not so bad, i would look like mugger if im wearing a mask. My avatar picture is like damn robber token of The Star of Africa board game. :D

Last edited: