corona panic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
When you look at how effective New Zealand has been and that there are no longer any restrictions it puts into perspective how rubbish the government here (UK) has been. We are currently at 41k deaths directly linked to the virus. Excess deaths (including the 41k) are at about 65k above what you would normally expect for the same period.

In Scotland we have different restrictions to England and are currently still effectively locked down. Whilst we want thing to go back to normal I would rather have a longer time like this and be confident that it is safe than what appears to be happening down south and across the pond. Some US states are seeing significant spikes after opening up. I can see people being wary for a long time even after it is mainly over.

After looking at masks my wife was saying most are just half of a bikini top with elastic loops on!

Groucho Marx. Not one of the three stooges - I had to look it up as I am not that old to remember them (before Heiki makes a comment 🙂). Got a Matisse one for the Mrs. Will give it a test run in the supermarket tomorrow.

Reactions: lakaelo
I should have thought Groucho Marx must be in the Marx brothers but still looked it up. I really need more coffee before I become a fully functioning human.

That you look like shaved santa claus is not so bad, i would look like mugger if im wearing a mask. My avatar picture is like damn robber token of The Star of Africa board game. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that wearing a mask isn’t pleasant. It has advantages though like people not seeing you stick your tongue 😛 out at them. But surgeons wear them, cowboys wear them, woodworkers etc. They wore them in the 1918 pandemic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, we live in a road that has a highish proportion of, er, older folk. Apart from one utterly despicable family who are just the neighbours from hell. Most people just help others if needed . A few, because they in a high risk category were forced to stay at home. People were helping them by getting food or items they couldn’t get. Anyway, one lady asked someone to get some wine, about 6 bottles as he were embarrassed to have it delivered with their normal shopping. Turns out she was asking a few people to get wine for her. Plains why there were a lot of wine bottles in their glass recycling box when it was collected!

^ Avoiding whole problem is always better than taking risk and trying make it safe. Its not easy but world needs heros! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: glenwilson
Zoom, enhance, zoom, enhance, zoom, enhance…

Attachments

• 402E7818-D740-4750-8266-87836372B490.jpeg
    402E7818-D740-4750-8266-87836372B490.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
  • F5867B78-033C-406F-8140-DA1A4A061BEA.jpeg
    F5867B78-033C-406F-8140-DA1A4A061BEA.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8AF23825-1842-4E66-BDFB-C385D1DD84E1.jpeg
    8AF23825-1842-4E66-BDFB-C385D1DD84E1.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 86E5BA5E-B5DE-4609-A91F-00DDA0A2A359.jpeg
    86E5BA5E-B5DE-4609-A91F-00DDA0A2A359.jpeg