corona panic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Our lockdown restriction changes are announced today. Not expecting a huge difference in the way we will behave and shop. All my wife is interested in is when the library will open. Because of the shutdown she hasn’t been able to go and get more books out. Nor has she been able to return the ones she does have out (and they are accruing fines! They have said that the fines will be ignored but it is quite funny how she checks each day the current fine total.

26DB5D2B A868 41BD AC6B 48D30169217D

Yesterday saw people queuing from about 05:00 to get into IKEA. What the hell is so urgent that you need to queue that long for or cannot wait a day or so until the queues die down? Meatballs? Maybe shelves to put all the shit the ordered from Amazon on?

Up here there were long queues of cars for McDonalds drive through. Agsin, you could nip to the supermarket and get a microwaveable burger and some chips without queuing and wouldn’t taste that different and cost a lot less in money and time.

Yesterday saw people queuing from about 05:00 to get into IKEA. What the hell is so urgent that you need to queue that long for or cannot wait a day or so until the queues die down? Meatballs? Maybe shelves to put all the shit the ordered from Amazon on?

Up here there were long queues of cars for McDonalds drive through. Agsin, you could nip to the supermarket and get a microwaveable burger and some chips without queuing and wouldn’t taste that different and cost a lot less in money and time.
I think its some kind of "celebrating their freedom" thing. After removing of restrictions people do whatever they are now allowed to do just becouse of that they can now do it. Im often feeling hopeless when i see all morons making things worse with their mindless actions. Lots of people really are damn Joeys (look picture what 1nfinity84 posted above) who thinks pandemic is over or dont care at all. Im sure stuff is going to hit fan big time in near weeks and then we are all back in lockdown becouse of these morons. I understand someones have to take risks becouse their income and living but that is amazing how stupid someones are they cant resist going in big crowds somewhere just for wanting to do something what is not crucial need.

Reactions: General_Misery
Is this what happens when your parents are using the phone and you cannot use dial-up to play CoD 1?

Attachments

• F24761C4-E277-4F20-A3EC-82A7763C4698.jpeg
    F24761C4-E277-4F20-A3EC-82A7763C4698.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Wow
Reactions: lakaelo
So when people gradually start going to work again is this what will happen. Not the distancing selfies with a senator but the fact yo forgot to put shoes on and went to work in your slippers!!!

404403D7 292A 47DB AE3A 06E91C8EF2D7

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
Hopefully this can be seen. Worth watching to the end. Def. NSFW though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Wow
Reactions: Teofild
So. We eventually got some face masks to wear when shopping. They aren’t hospital grade but they are reusable and can be washed after every use. Though not compulsory (yet) I thought it would be worth getting some and using when shopping as some people have absolutely no idea what 2m is and if they are thinking of reducing it to 1m (why bother having a distance?) I would be happier having some protection.

Anyway, the masks I got are based on some old football shirt designs and some of the money goes to a charity. One is mainly white and the other is black with a gold diagonal. I liked the one with the goldbut said to the Mrs which one do you want? She chose the one with the gold.

After putting it on she asks what do you think? Said it looks great considering wearing a mask 😷 isn’t particularly flattering. The alternative was “ Wow, makes you look like a hybrid Bane/Hannibal character” and was left unsaid. I decided not to ask for an opinion on my choice. 😆

WARNING!

These surgical/textile masks dont protect their user from corona infection except if you have decent mask with filter. Point of using these simple masks is protect others from you by suppressing spread of that "cloud" when you cough or talk. Dont get wrong sense of safety with these masks, they protect you from corona only if everybody around you uses them! It can be good idea get some mask just in case you cant go to some places without mask in future. But if you want real protection you should buy industrial level mask with filters or full gas mask from prepping and military stuff stores. And if you do that you should pick reliable store what is been long before corona, there is nowadays all kind of scammers selling cheap shit quality stuff becouse emergency preparedness is nowadays hot business.

Yep, agree about masks and understand about their effectiveness. What gets me is that people wearing the disposable ‘surgical’ type masks never wear them properly (under the nose or even under the chin) always seem to be touching them moving them etc which is worse than not wearing one. Would till prefer people to wear a mask if it is only partially effective than none at all.

Given that the UK is third bottom in the league of acting against the 🦠 we will continue to follow best practices rather than the advice of our government. Alexa order 40 hazmat suits please…

I have got a mask (somewhere :unsure:) that I used to wear sometimes on my motorbike that has interchangeable filters designed to protect you from pollution. Have seen some cyclists wearing them too. A bit more expensive but a lot lot better than your usual med masks that fit snug to your face.

Just checked what they are going for now, £24.99 I think I paid £7.99 back then.....they are taking the piss :mad:

Yep, agree about masks and understand about their effectiveness. What gets me is that people wearing the disposable ‘surgical’ type masks never wear them properly (under the nose or even under the chin) always seem to be touching them moving them etc which is worse than not wearing one. Would till prefer people to wear a mask if it is only partially effective than none at all.

Given that the UK is third bottom in the league of acting against the 🦠 we will continue to follow best practices rather than the advice of our government. Alexa order 40 hazmat suits please…

Almost sounds shocking from over here at Germany. Our Governement tried everything that would not end in a revolution. We have to wear masks in shops since 27th of april. We have been very lucky and had not so bad restrictions but it seems like it has been effective. But people are unhappy because they think the restrictions were unfair and nothing would have happenend anyways.

But people also tend to forget that its far from over... And an evil little voice also says me that its only a flu.

Users who are viewing this thread