corona panic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Had to do some IT support for a neighbour yesterday. We have never had any symptoms and have had limited contact with others and only through shopping. So wore a mask, washed hands beforehand and also used antibac gel before entering. Yes, wearing a mask is uncomfortable for an extended period but not that bad. I do find it amazing when you see people with influence like sports people who use science for their fitness regimes and nutrition going against wearing a mask.

Oh, and setting up a Canon printer took 2 effing hours!!!

Alright, new lockdown here, I sincerely hope we will beat this virus and find a vaccine quickly. 💪

Without being alarmist, it's sad to see what is happening to our whole little planet, which was already suffering before, we didn't need this. And the worst part is that we will not see the real consequences of this crisis until few years. Between learning about the virus and its real consequences on human health, and the economic repercussions on our international system... I think we can say without being wrong that 2020 and 2021 are totally shit years lol. I must admit that sometimes while thinking about it, I can be a bit afraid about the future. Because we still don't know everything and how things are going to be. Lol enough sad words, I have only one desire, to evoke this whole story by speaking in the past and with a smile on my face!

The good point with the new lockdown in France is that you will be able to see more novels from me for the coming times. :)

Take care of you, your family and your friends! :D

See you on the battlefield my beloved old fossils and NRU cocks ❤️

Not locked down here though we have restrictions on travel and meeting folk. Mystic 🦙 sees a 🔒 ⬇️ again in the future.

As LB says keep safe.

Reactions: Teofild
Never had a hard "lockdown" in Germany

As far as I understood today Restaurants, free time acitvity places and "culture-stuff" are closed from monday on.

This time with financial help for more of the people but somehow its strange - there must be a lot of people that had a good job being self employed and now being poor...
I am extremely lucky not to be in financial need and not fearing it I feel like.

Reactions: We4re0ne
We were locked down from March with only shopping for essentials and leaving home for exercise and work (if you couldn't work from home). Distancing when out I initially and then masks. About June restrictions started to be eased.

Generally we have gone shopping once a week and always tried to keep our distance from others. We have never been tested and have not shown any symptoms. We use hand gel when out and about, use our own disinfectant (an approved one by many agencies worldwide) to clean trolies and baskets, wipe down car contact points (door handles etc), shopping bags and so on. Same for any deliveries and mail - quarantine and wipe down. Probably a bit paranoid but better that than being complacent.

Cases where we live have started to double week on week. In shops people have not been keeping any distance especially as there are no control on people inside as there was before. Masks are mandatory yet people think wearing them under their chin or just over their mouths is OK. Our neighbours often have people around who are not even family.

People here seem to have stopped doing the simple stuff like washing hands, keeping 2m apart, wearing masks properly which could keep themselves healthy. There seems to be growing evidence that getting over it doesn't give permanent immunity and that there are also longer term health issues for those that do contract it and recover.

Hopefully a vaccine will become available and will help to eventually eradicate it but I think we will have to live with this for sometime and that life probably won't be back to the way it was afterwards.

The upside is that we have now completed decorating the whole house. We have done loads of things we 'didn't have time for'. The garden is tidier. I still hate mowing the 'lawn'. And it still rains as much. 🤓

Its not looking good all over and likely to get even worse than when it first started. The thing I miss most is seeing my kids and grandchildren, although I have seen them all in the last couple of weeks. In a way its easy to understand why some people still dont believe its actually happening. I have 3 main teaching hospitals near me and between all 3 there has been just 1 death covid related, not just now but from the very beginning. When I do go out Im nicely cocooned in my car and if I have to walk, I treat everybody like lepers and keep well away. Im lucky being retired not having to be out there going to work but still worry about my kids.
Its going to be a bleak Christmas 😞

Would have normally visited my mum a few times since we were down in March but she was isolated and here she is is England tier 3. Also her expanded bubble excluded us as it was better to be closer to her friends.

Sort of covid related in that the same anti-vaxers and tin hat brigade and the 5G gives you covid lot. They then wonder why their wifi isn't that great!

BED1A7F8 E86D 4FEF A300 D70C50DBCDD6

You don't need an overpriced product like that, just wrap your router in tinfoil!

...you might want to wrap your head too, when you¨re at it :D

don't forget to spray vinegar on pavements whenever you see a contrail too!
Oh, I mean chemtrail! Obviously!

Users who are viewing this thread