corona panic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
That is incomplete.

Anyone who needs a lifeboat can have a lifeboat.
I have the most beautiful lifeboats.
I decide who needs a lifeboat
No you cannot see them, my lifeboats are under audit
That lifeboat is called Ivanka, if it wasn’t my lifeboat I would ‘date’ it
If you are nice to me I will give you a life vest.
Of course you can have a life vest, I just need you to do me a ‘favour’
Sorry, lifeboat Stormy is under an NDA and I didn’t pay it $130k
Lifeboat Flynn was only a coffee boy, hardly knew it
Share with Mikey, he doesn’t like to be alone in a lifeboat because they are female.

Even though I did not read the image in the first place, after reading the first three lines of Glen I automaticly read it with Trumps voice :D

Reactions: General_Misery
...and if the ship is indeed sinking (I doubt it even if I see it) I suggest we can save it by open the fuel tanks and throw down a torch or failing that, mending the hole with a bunch of third class passangers.

Weekly shop:

Veg ✅
Beer ✅
Meals ✅
Etc. ✅

wife “ we need flour for cakes”

16kg bag of self raising flour ✅
5kg bag of sugar ✅

Me: Do we need another oven and who the f is going to eat all of them.
Wife: 🤷🏻

No panic buying in our houshold.

Forgot the 50l of tonic water. Guess we are not going without gin and tonics for a while either.

0752D781 49AF 437B BDD3 776E8689DE2E

Last edited:
When Trump got elected i thought he cant be that bad, left/liberal media and people just dont give him fair chance. Well, i was wrong but at least i have guts to admit it. :D He really is that dumb, corrupt, hypocrite, selfish and petty how people say. Worst thing is he lets notorious catholic church and apostate "protestant" churches influence politics and supports their institutions during corona emergency with public money. Thats uniting of church and state, violating of first amendment of the the constitution law. Trump is acting just like kings during dark ages who took orders from popes and that Make America Great Again thing is like modern crusade. History shows us that uniting of church and state always leads to theocracy and persecution of others. True protestant christians dont get allied with civil government and try get power to force people obey them.

When our government declared state of emergency home deliveries of nearby supermarket were so full you could get your delivery about 2 weeks later except if you get lucky and find empty gap earlier becouse somebody is cancelled his/her order. Now when you look that delivery time system there is only couple time gaps full here and there. Looks like people are again going to grocery stores themself. And our government is removing restrictions during near weeks. I think stuff is going to hit fan in nearby weeks so i started preparing for coming next wave. I got summer tyres changed so i dont need go out later becouse of that. My car is checked everything is ok and tank is full becouse its my ride out of city area if needed. I can survive several months in my apartment without opening my door once if i have running water and roughly 1 month if water grid stops working. And my lockdown hair is reseted back to default value of 1mm. Now im waiting delivery guys, they should bring my supply boxes here after 1 hour. When restrictions are removed and stuff hits the fan big time i dont need go outside. Then i read how all unprepared people wait whole day in line at parking lots to get in stores fighting over last couple items what are left. Going in stores full of last moment panic buyers is propably one of most stupid things you can do during pandemic caused by super infectious virus. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find remarkable about Trump is not really Trump because there was enough information about him before he got elected, he was exactly what most people thought he was, all the things mentioned above and more. What I really find extraordinary are the people who prior to the election where vehemently against him. They were pointing out exactly what he was. Lindsey Graham is the perfect example. You look at the stuff he was saying about Trump for a long time before the election and even afterwards. Then one day he plays golf with the Donald and all of a sudden he is not only so far up the Donalds rectum he is defending him as though his life depends on it. Being blackmailed? Why would you suddenly switch like that for any other reason.

The rest of the republicans also seem to have fealty towards Trump too. It is almost a cult-like following and they do appear to sacrifice themselves and their careers for him yet the ETTD* law still gets proven correct. During his impeachment trial they took a vow to look at the evidence and vote on that yet nearly all voted to acquit him. How can they really believe what he says and does without some sort of reasoning going on. How can they, when the Donald fucks up and says the sky is green all look up and confirm that it is green? There must be an awful lot of kompromat on them for nobody to ever break ranks and actually be honest with themselves and go against him? Are they afraid of mean tweets or worse?

The same goes in the UK. Boris is another person who everyone knew what he was like, a proven liar, philanderer, corrupt person. When he was mayor of London he was inept and ineffective. People knew what he was like - another buffoon with stupid hair. He thinks he is like Churchill and but when a crisis comes along we find not only is he inadequate to the task he is also invisible. At times like these you need someone to take charge and lead and he, nor any of his cronies, is not that person.

We are personally lucky as we don't have any need to go out except once a week to get fresh produce or top up stuff. We don't need to work and house and car are all paid for so it is just routine bills to pay. We have modest needs of flour, beer and cheese. :D Shopping is the most stressful thing that we do at the moment. That stress comes from what others don't do like respecting distances and other practices. We do our best, others not so. We have modest interests too. We are incredibly lucky. I know others are no so lucky and are under a lot of financial strain plus the real fear of going to work and catching this virus.

Though this thread is a lighter look at what is going on and not only brings a much needed smile it is also another family that are here to support others too. True it can only be a distant support or advice but it is still help and playing BF, albeit spread around the world, does bring us together and distracts us for a short while.

*ETTD - Everything Trump Touches Dies

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After being desperate for flour and finally getting some to bake with it is now 28 hours and no attempt has been made to bake anything by the Mrs!!

I cant understand why our moron leaders are opening schools for only 2 last weeks before summer holidays. There is nothing to win but possible damages can be huge becouse there is hundreds of people in same school buildings. :facepalm: And generally it looks like too many people here are thinking everything is going back to normal soon becouse we are removing restrictions. They dont understand its mostly just becouse of economy and supply chains, not becouse problem is over. Im quite sure stuff is hitting fan big time in near weeks and people who thought this is over in couple months will get rude awakening back to reality. This is not matter of months, it will be matter of years. And after 2-3 years when things will finally settle down there is no going back to normal, its going to be adapting to new normal. Im sure this will change world forever. Like for example after WTC-attack security measures with flying and surveillance of people increased.

I have good situation and chance i can dodge actual infection. But im worried about economy and how that effects to people and society. That i cant dodge, nobody can. If corona records explode again after removing of restrictions that will lead to more lockdowns. That will lead to more economic problems and shortages. That will lead to "stimulating of economy" by creating more money out of thin air. That will lead to inflation. That and shortages will make prize of everything go up. Then we repeat that same vicious cycle again and again couple years until inflation makes money worthless. That would make life of everybody suck royally. That is worst case scenario im fearing that can be ahead. Everybody have little different way to react that thing. My way is trying to predict problems and prepare for them. If i cant dodge whole mess, at least i can soften that coming hit little. If things finally goes better than expected, thats great. But if it goes worse at least im not surprised totally pants down and have at least better situation than most unprepared people around me.

Lol i can imagine Glen reading from traditional newspaper about pandemic and coming great depression and being like "DAMN, NOT AGAIN!" :facepalm: And Laka is meeting therapist, talking how rough it is get always blamed about everything what goes wrong between heaven and earth. Normally he can take it but then this corona mess started. :D Sam i dont dare mock becouse i think he can do stuff like that evil hacker in Die Hard 4.0 and screw infrastructure of whole Finland if i make him angry. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
I haven’t read a newspaper in literally years, I think the last one announced Shakespeare's latest play and the guy printing it was chiselling it out on a slab of slate. At least once you have read it you could make arrow heads from it Or use it as a fancy plate to imagine you are eating in a Michelin starred restaurant and have the blood from your triceratops steak run all over the table. Modern newspapers just end up in the cat litter tray or a few months ago when things were desperate in the lav (No not that LAV BTR-90).

Most of the ones here are, er, hard to describe. My Mum swears she buys newspapers for the crosswords and puzzles and sudoku but has obviously read them because of the racist shite she spouts out.

Reactions: lakaelo
Im getting real corona panic becouse i have little sore throat, some coughing and generally "laggy" feeling like im getting sick. 🤒 But im quite confident its propably just regular getting cold or little flu becouse getting corona is so unlikely. We dont have very bad situation here and im met only my sister and parents couple times and delivery guys of supermarket couple times in month since state of emergency started here. And if this is damn corona i swear corona will be one who needs emergency care after im done... :rage:

Looks like it was just random sore throat and cough. And that "laggy" feeling was propably just becouse of sleeping helping medication and long sleeping. Im feeling fine today. :giggle: Ventilator what i panic bought after coughing yesterday should arrive tomorrow. Lol just kidding. :D Its just my new phone and some other little stuff like new blade part for my Braun razor and bargain pack of LED light bulbs i ordered at friday.

This goes little to offtopic but lol 90% of stuff i do here is offtopic anyway so here we go... :D Like someones maybe remember i changed year ago from Xcover 4 smartphone back to basic phone. That CAT B35 rugged 4G phone i bought was huge mistake. It was physically good quality and robust device but that buggy operating system made it seriously most useless phone ever made. That KaiOS operating system fails in most important things even worse than BF V... You buy basic phone to max out reliability and that piece of junk crashes its operating system after every couple minutes when talking... :facepalm: I tried to wait some time but there was no update fixing that so i bought Nokia 3310 3G phone for cheap and fast temporary fix until i know what i should try next. That Nokia 3310 is mostly ok but its far from quality of original NOKIA phones. They were finnish quality products with robust structure and simple well finished operating system. These new "NOKIA" ripoffs feel like they are cheap junk made from recycled yogurt cups and operating system is simplest possible smart phone system changed to use buttons instead of touch screen. There is some very stupid things what i cant imagine how somebody can think that is good idea. Like "button lock" what opens from almost half of buttons and makes accidental pocket calls. And i cant understand how so simple device can empty its battery so fast with so small use. So now i try Erifon Insmat Rock V4 3G phone next. Im heard its been well liked by companies who needed durable work phones for their workers becouse its water/dust/hit proof and have 2x battery size if compared to other basic phones. I dont like smart phones becouse that constant updating of operating system and updating every day 100 useless apps i never use is annoying. And im anyways 99% of time in places where i have computer next to me so i dont need smart phone as "portable computer". And like you know life of a cheeky cock can be sometimes dangerous so having reliable phone can be vital. And its only 95€ so why not, its almost free if compared to smart phones what people use couple years before they buy new one becouse there is no more updates fixing security problems.

Users who are viewing this thread