BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
"ZZZ" 2 days ago i reinstalled Bf2 cause i'm getting pissed of Bf3 and his superduper egomaniacal community.The Bf2 gameplay is maybe a little bit slower than the Bf3 gameplay but the tactical teamplay aspects are vastly better in Bf2. I'd be sad if this "doomsday" occurs because i always like to play with these Bf2 veterans (nao,pspiel,fortuna,scatha,chriskrass,hek + medic (t-bagging now in bf4 XD) and so on and so forth) . nevertheless, the hope dies last :)

Can anyone advise what the latest Status is? Do we have to do anything as Players, admins etc ? If there is a new platform, will we have to Register as single or as clan ? Will all be migrated over there ?

A small update would be cool ....just to avoid we have the 30th and have still no idea what will happen....Thanks !

Can anyone advise what the latest Status is? Do we have to do anything as Players, admins etc ? If there is a new platform, will we have to Register as single or as clan ? Will all be migrated over there ?

A small update would be cool ....just to avoid we have the 30th and have still no idea what will happen....Thanks !
We have no idea what EA is doing, if anything. The revive BF2 site claim to work I haven't tried it myself. If you do want to use them you will have to use their program to transfer over your accounts before the shutdown of Gamespy. Currently we don't have a real plan as we have to see what Gaming Deluxe our hosts say first.

We have no idea what EA is doing, if anything. The revive BF2 site claim to work I haven't tried it myself. If you do want to use them you will have to use their program to transfer over your accounts before the shutdown of Gamespy. Currently we don't have a real plan as we have to see what Gaming Deluxe our hosts say first.

i talked to gamingdeluxe but they are also lost with that situation and don´t know how it will work in future. they registered here https://www.bf2hub.com/home/providers.php but still undecided if they will run that.

I thought they said they aren't registered there, they contacted them but have got no reply.

I like the ea has taken this long to put out info about what the next step is.I just don't get why they are leaving thousands of dedicated gamers In the dark.if they aren't going to do anything they Should be straight forward with it

i gues that they say nothing because when they would say F...you the players whould have the time to switch to theyr own solutions.

like i told befor in this treat, the bf2 mod comunitis from forgottenhope2 and project reality already have their own ubdateter and loginservers.
own rankings are a a old hat to them.

so it is doable!

and i know that it isnt hard to join. time back when fh2 was more populatet the serverowners just had to send a mail to the 762 staff got some files for their servers and they where in in the own builded ranking system.

and i dont know but i bet it isnt to hard work for the headadmins too because the mod-game ubdating is much, much easyer than than that what ea/dice make in bf2.

ea knows that! they stole several stuff from the mods for bf3 and 4!same is with rankingsides, the admin from the best ranking side works for them now.

but they dont whant you to play mods ore old games. why you thing why there are no mods anymore since bf3/(bfbc2)?

the answer is MONEY.

why they should spend cash for a login-server when they are just paying for that? why they should make a game modable when they cant sell their dlc´s than? why they should help to let a old game alive when they cant sell than theyr new bf 4/hardline/5 ...

so there are 3 solutions:
1. be a sheep
2. quit gaming ore quit ea and blizard and steam and and and and play minesweeper ^^
3.make something own ore help those who do it ore at least give them acknowledgment for theyr work

and when you make 2 ore 3 maybe (ok not realy :s ) the big ones regonice it and change theyr behavior.
and 2. maybe you will help a new star to rise.
it worked with skype, it worked with google, it worked with facebook. the older guys maybe remeber when yahoo and altavista was searchengine no1, when just geegks knew and used skype ore when stuff like studi vz was bigger than facebook.

its on you to say with youre manner and you cash yes ore no!

to lakaelo:i realy hope that it will work the easy way like you whant to.and i know for sure that several no fly players hope it too. but i just see problems. most players who know are registerd at bf2revive; just a few know that bf2hub exist, most of them not even know from the shutdown ore bf2revive,when the 1 solution you are hoping for dosent work is there than time to switch to a other solution? and when yes how the players will know? and do they have time register and switch? next phrase in german, sorry: eingleisig zu fahren is ne scheis idee, dadurch verbaut man sich doch nur die möglichkeiten. wiegesgat die mod gemeinschaft hat ihren eigen scheis aufgestellt der funktioniert, aber sich da jetzt noch dranzuhängen wird net leicht sein. und was die vanilla lösungen betrifft weis heute keiner was sich durchsetzt und was wirklich funktioniert im gesamtkonzept. das eine leuft angeblich au wenns komisch aussieht aber davon weios keiner, das andere is bekannt aber noch in der beta, eventuell wollen die 2 zusammenarbeiten, aber halt nur vieleicht, und dnan gibts noch möglichkeit 3 und 4 und was auf dem japanischen markt leuft weis eh keiner in europa. das du da jetzt net wie n wilder hinterher bist is au klar, net dein job, net dein spiel. dumm nur das der wo offiziel verantwortlich is anscheined von leben eingeholt wurde. nur versteh ich da dann net warum du die aufgabe net weiterdeligierst oder zumindestens dir n asi hohlst.

und noch ne gantz dumme frage: wiso is das vom serverbetreiber abhängig? in zukunft brauch man doch keinen bei ea registrierten ranked klickibuntiserver. man kann doch alles jetzt auf n nakten server machen wo man nicht mit total kastrierten rechten agieren mus. oder is das know how nicht da?was ich aber nicht glaub weil ja schon profesionelle und hobbimäsige computerspezialisten im und um den clan sind.

I think the only thing that has to work is the login. If I can log into my BF2 account i can play!
I remember times I started a own "server" with the LAN function and everyone could join via Internet. Played BF2 the most time in the beginning this way with my workmates.

and i dont know but i bet it isnt to hard work for the headadmins too because the mod-game ubdating is much, much easyer than than that what ea/dice make in bf2.
Sadly it is, we are not allowed to touch anything on the server due to BF3 being run on it (EA policy)

Mr.X said:
I remember times I started a own "server" with the LAN function and everyone could join via Internet. Played BF2 the most time in the beginning this way with my workmates.

Good point forgot it basically hosted a normal server and you could join via IP

Sadly it is, we are not allowed to touch anything on the server due to BF3 being run on it (EA policy)

Mr.X said:

sorry that i didnt point out what i mean with mod server/own server. that is what i talk all the time about. rent a empty server ore get a old pc where you put the modificatet serverfiles on.
and for login meet up with modcomunity/bfhub/bfrevive/own server and let the login go ofer that.

but 1 question? when you dont understand what im talking about, why no one asks?

lol first, i am not the "boss" of the clan. only one headadmin from 5. admittedly, i am mostly online because of my job.

Quote Originally Posted by bop80killercat View Postand i dont know but i bet it isnt to hard work for the headadmins too because the mod-game ubdating is much, much easyer than than that what ea/dice make in bf2.

how sam said, we running our own official gameserver hosted at a official EA hoster. we can change some settings there but not running some thirdparty programs without permission of the hoster.

honestly i´m not falling into panik because they will "close down bf2 to the end of june" because i think this game is still popular and some party will work at a solution without the gamespy server. no clue how it works and we also do not know if the tools work from all the sites like bf2revive or bf2hub. what happened when they have to run / connect to 50, 100 or even more bf2 server which will play multiplayer online? will it work? will it be stable? will they be able to pay the bills to pay all the traffic or servers? nobody knows that at the moment.

so that is what i mean i don´t get panic at the moment. bf2 will survive but possibly this will going on with a periode we will not have a bf2 server anymore because we have to proove and test and also see how all this "nextgen" bf2 tools will run. beside that we have to know if it is possible to run the bf2 serverconsole or even the bf2 autoadmin too. bf2 is a bitch to config all the settings and more than unstable also in the "official" version it runs now. lol nobody knows how it works with the nextgen bf2 tools.
we will not do all the settings and configs one after one till we found a prober solution which works. sorry, but we have not the time and also not the manpower for that. we have to wait if they demonstrate there new nextgen bf2 tool works fine and stable. than we will see that we run our server too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.XI remember times I started a own "server" with the LAN function and everyone could join via Internet. Played BF2 the most time in the beginning this way with my workmates.

this always could be the last way for running a bf2 server. possibly we can run that on our own server but we will see that.

sorry that i didnt point out what i mean with mod server/own server. that is what i talk all the time about. rent a empty server ore get a old pc where you put the modificatet serverfiles on.
and for login meet up with modcomunity/bfhub/bfrevive/own server and let the login go ofer that.

but 1 question? when you dont understand what im talking about, why no one asks?
Oh yes we could do it that way.

Huh? Who doesn't understand what you're talking about? I just assumed you meant our dedi :p

When I ran the [AE] server it was all so much easier. You hire the server, install the game from the host add whatever mod you choose and control it through a control panel. This was over 6 years ago (which is a lifetime in computing) and of course was not ranked. In BF2 once past all the unlocks, points and promotion are just an ego trip. I know its all very different but isn't there a base game or third party mod that could be installed and when you join the game it automatically downloads the client files you need ?
Dont shoot me down if Im being stupid, Im just thinking out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread