BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
mh we will see whether the ea servers or this is better .... What about PB support and stuff like that are they able to port that ?

cause bf2 without PB :D would be the worest

I would have thought so, from what I undestand that shouldn't be affected by the master servers shutting down.

I thought of have a semi-master server ourselves but then I remembered I don't have the time or patience :p

and we need a more accurate name. "stan" is a bit unknown. lol

Noobs R Us No Fly Server : Top Players

I seem to remember it being between 10 and 11pm GMT. Stan wasn't his ingame name, it was the name he used in his comment (as in it was his IRL name), I'm afraid I have no idea what his in game name was (sorry).
I wasn't the only one on the server that discussed the "announcement" in ingame chat so other regulars might remember more detail.

Does Fushe come up much on the map rotation then? I think I've only seen it twice on the NRU servers. I can't imagine the rotation gets round that fast with the low server population in the day and late night/early morning.

we will have to take care of that mate, next time im on ima setnext for fushe pass :)

Hi

There seems to be an other alternative. It's BF2Hub.com You just have to download and install the client before the Gamespy shutdown to backup your stats.
Just want to spread the word ;-)

Krex (aka Rhadamanthus81)

only my piece of advise. at last everybody have to do his own decision.

for me i will not download any thirtparty "client" from a unknown page. nobody know how it works and what data it will change. also i will not sign up with my account login on any unknown page or software to "safe" my stats.

don´t do hasty things before there is no final decision how it will work with bf2 and if there is no solution from EA or other big player in that business.

I sort of agree with laka, how are my " account credentials" stored? In plaintext in a MySQL database....? Who actually are these guys part of any BF2 clans? (revivebf2 seems a bit better as in they actually have a forum etc a bit more personal, not so sure about their stage 1 patch especially it's target date)

Edit: Also notice they want to introduce gameplay changes so essentially now a mod and not a continuation of bf2

for me i will not download any thirtparty "client" from a unknown page. nobody know how it works and what data it will change. also i will not sign up with my account login on any unknown page or software to "safe" my stats.

don´t do hasty things before there is no final decision how it will work with bf2 and if there is no solution from EA or other big player in that business.

Agree Laka, if it is the end, that is how it is....but until then I wouldnt call it a day yet. Let's wait and see if the "founders" of this nice game Comes around the Corner with an idea which you tech fannies can confirm is good....

I dont think I will move to BF4, didnt like BF3 already....maybe c´going back to BF 1942 :)

Odp: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

I do not think that EA closed the servers for Bf2, although worries me the fact that they released Bf3 for free :-/

Agree Laka, if it is the end, that is how it is....but until then I wouldnt call it a day yet. Let's wait and see if the "founders" of this nice game Comes around the Corner with an idea which you tech fannies can confirm is good....

I dont think I will move to BF4, didnt like BF3 already....maybe c´going back to BF 1942 :)

theyr closing that game as well mr bond and theyr closing BFV as well...

Re: Odp: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

I do not think that EA closed the servers for Bf2, although worries me the fact that they released Bf3 for free :-/

it doesnt matter if they released it for free if ya cant run it

Odp: Re: Odp: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

I Bf3 download of from 3 days and I'm only half. I do not even know if my PC can handle turn it on :-/

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

I Bf3 download of from 3 days and I'm only half. I do not even know if my PC can handle turn it on :-/

nothing can happened only that it will not run and your pc and half poland will explode. nothing else. so no worries lol

can someone plz link again the side who whants to make a replacement for gamespy, cant find it.

It's sad to see EA is closing BF2... :(
Hope there will be a good working alternative so we can keep playing the game online.

will you register the no fly server?

Users who are viewing this thread