BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Cool, and he will do the famous belgian waffles and fries....great, great....looking Forward to this Event :)

Looks like a custom bf2 master list/server is being made. This would probably mean either using a new exe, editing your hosts file to redirect to the new server or third party server browsers etc.

Lets face it we knew this would be happening one day, I think BF2 has been around since 2005 so it comes as no surprise, infact I am surprised it is still being supported for stats etc.

If the worst comes to the worst I will retire gracefully from the online gaming community.

Fnose ((That BF2 Layzee guy who pwns you with DAO all time and can shoot jets down with his Sraw skills) you should try new BF-games. There is DAO as every kit weapon and Sraw as engy gadget in BF4. I know you want it. ;)

Hell yes fnose u get 5or6 of them in bf4 &daos a beat in the game

Fnose ((That BF2 Layzee guy who pwns you with DAO all time and can shoot jets down with his Sraw skills) you should try new BF-games. There is DAO as every kit weapon and Sraw as engy gadget in BF4. I know you want it. ;)

its always easy playing new games if you have the cash to buy a computer to support the games (wich some of us dont)

I been playing BF2 since 2007, I know on stats it says 2008, but account was reset due to a hacker on the =SOD= server, since the reset I have clocked up 4142 hours which equates to 700hrs a year, so I think I have had my monies worth out of BF2.

I got BF3 played it for a while didn't like the way it played so came back to BF2 and here I will end my days.

Didnt like BF3 either.....somost likely will also not move on. It is a shame that a big part of this clan will fall apart due to this closure (if it Comes).
The BF2 community is still quite strong and a big part here, too. :(

Didnt like BF3 either.....somost likely will also not move on. It is a shame that a big part of this clan will fall apart due to this closure (if it Comes).
The BF2 community is still quite strong and a big part here, too. :(

We had a chap called Stan (one of the founders of the NRU apparently) come on the server the other night that claimed that the server was shutting down, though there was going to be some movement to the F&F servers or something.

A founder called Stan? Not that I know of >_>. The guy isn't NRU nor are we shutting down or moving it to F&F. Was this guy wearing tags?

A founder called Stan? Not that I know of >_>. The guy isn't NRU nor are we shutting down or moving it to F&F. Was this guy wearing tags?

Glad to hear it.
His tags weren't NRU, it just seemed an odd thing for a randomer to say. There were 1 or 2 NRU on the server at the time and no one commented to disagree with what he said.
If the chat logs are available still it was on a Fushe Pass round.

I seem to remember it being between 10 and 11pm GMT. Stan wasn't his ingame name, it was the name he used in his comment (as in it was his IRL name), I'm afraid I have no idea what his in game name was (sorry).
I wasn't the only one on the server that discussed the "announcement" in ingame chat so other regulars might remember more detail.

Does Fushe come up much on the map rotation then? I think I've only seen it twice on the NRU servers. I can't imagine the rotation gets round that fast with the low server population in the day and late night/early morning.

Thanks for the info we'll try and find out who it was and murder them or something :)

I bet it was a drunken Mac or sordids just mouthing off !

......IIII fuckinnnggg oown this claaaannnn you know ? !.......arggg......puke.....

Users who are viewing this thread