BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
People at EA are like "Hahahaaaa all the idiots believed it, bought BF3 & BF4 like crazy and we won't shut anything down. High five, GameSpy! Here's your share."

Guys and Girls, save your stats on one of this sites. But wait with replacing the launcher until tomorrow. Thats just for the case EA did nothing...

i donĀ“t know prooi. lot of things did still not work on this sites. be glad you stats are saved and than we will see how they get the rest.

Shoot :O !!! Is BF Hub Exe and this launcher 2 different things ???? I have just downloaded this BF2Hub exe thingy.....HEEEEEEEELP !

what's up with gamespy does it stil working??

when yes what to do with the BF2 launcher and BF2 Hub Client.....

what's up with gamespy does it stil working??

when yes what to do with the BF2 launcher and BF2 Hub Client.....
Either they moved the shutdown to a later date, or EA found a solution.
As long you can login we dont need another Launcher.exe....

Either they moved the shutdown to a later date, or EA found a solution.
As long you can login we dont need another Launcher.exe....

I think Mac bribed them with FERRARI fund :D lol

Anyone able to tell me if points are still being counted after games?

Anyone able to tell me if points are still being counted after games?

i will look it up when i play next :D

but why should the login into the user account still work and the counting of points not...

still i will do it for you ;)

I've asked EA support last week about the shutdown and today got a answer:
We are sorry for the Gamespy shutdown and that we stopped the online support for Battlefield 2. After the shutdown (30.06) you will be able to "log in" and to play Bf2 on private server. About the stats I am not sure but I think they are lost after the shutdown.
Regards EA Customer support.

Hm so log in should be no problem in the future, but why the stats still work?

I wouldn't listen to them, they usually know nothing. I think they might actually be based in India so no where near the action :p

Yeah seems they are themselve not sure but why log in and stats save still work.... wonder... :confused:

Last edited:
I wouldn't listen to them, they usually know nothing. I think they might actually be based in India so no where near the action :p

yes, the answer sound like one from the "support guide" if he had any clue he would know that till now, nothing happend and the bf2 gamespy masterserver is still running. lol

but the problem is, that we also have no clue if and when the server will be shutdown. today, tomorrow, next year or never.... same shit situation as before. we have to wait when it happened and then we have to try to get the server running in any form ( ranked or unranked ).

the "nextgen bf2" hoster like battlelog.co, bf2hub.com are unreliable too. unfortunatelly it shows more and more than they start this as a bunch of amateurs. the launcher should not working well, if he works, and the last update is not working. if you read in the forum it shows that mostly one person progs the tool and nobody knows what comes next lol

ive running hubclient and got 2 updates last 3 days,but it look like it are the same updates
also i tried bf-launcher,but to log in should I ever change my password between my original password from the beginning of bf2 and my account of battlelog

strange strange strange.........and if I am logged in then only the unlocked weapons not available

Players seem to have moved to on those biggest servers but luckily noobs also have some players (still) :) Looks like bf2 never dies

Last edited:
I've asked EA support last week about the shutdown and today got a answer:
We are sorry for the Gamespy shutdown and that we stopped the online support for Battlefield 2. After the shutdown (30.06) you will be able to "log in" and to play Bf2 on private server. About the stats I am not sure but I think they are lost after the shutdown.
Regards EA Customer support.

Hm so log in should be no problem in the future, but why the stats still work?

who cares mr. sek :) our scores is measured in the amount of tbags XD not the amount of points :p

There shutting it down because appourntly no one plays those games and its only multiplayer shutting down because there losing money with old games

Odp: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Where such news that no one playing BF2? Many people are still playing and will play in BF2. This game is a classic. No new Battlefield does not and probably will not have the playability like BF2. This game has a soul. New games are just great graphics and special effects. Bf2 gives me the most fun. For now, I'm not going to abandon this game

Odp: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

This is only chatter people from EA. Turn on the BF2 and see that the servers are not nearly as empty, and before turning off the lot was full. Anyway, as if no one wanted to play BF2 it was not created to Revive BF2 Project.

Users who are viewing this thread