What Will It Be.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oh battlefield boy... The pipes, the pipes are calling... From glen to glen and down the mountain side.... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.X
Tried some rounds in BF1 yesterday but left after having several 50-1 pilots, killing at will. Then tried the infamous BFH and it was way funnier. Thus, BFH being better than BF1 IMHO (n):eek:.

Another thing, no squad work whatsoever in BF1 (tried both as squad leader and member) :(.

Should it be renamed to CoD 1916?:p

Never got around to buying BFH even when it was on sale. The beta wasn't too bad but the cost was too much for what it was.

I still don't like BF1. I just don't enjoy playing it and it is hard to understand why. It isn't the weapons or vehicles as they are OK. The maps aren't too bad but there isn't the same depth to them as many of the BF4 maps have. Apart from the mountain one they are quite flat. Every time I play it is like deja vu and quickly becomes uninteresting.

In BF4 you still get a lot of squad play with repairing, revives/medic pack drops, supply drops and so on. In BF1 it seems that you can wait a long time for a medic standing next to your lifeless body for a revive and then they run off anyway. Even if you play for the squad you might as well not bother as it never gets reciprocated.

Even when playing TDM the whole thing feels off. I guess that most players are not cheating but maybe the physics and weapons end up giving the impression that they are. Obviously you have to learn and practice with weapons and it may be that I haven't given it enough time. But, if I get more fun playing BF4 there isn't much of an incentive to play BF1.

I'll have a go at the update when that is available but I'm not expecting much to be honest.

Reactions: BruceWillii
Never got around to buying BFH even when it was on sale. The beta wasn't too bad but the cost was too much for what it was.

I still don't like BF1. I just don't enjoy playing it and it is hard to understand why. It isn't the weapons or vehicles as they are OK. The maps aren't too bad but there isn't the same depth to them as many of the BF4 maps have. Apart from the mountain one they are quite flat. Every time I play it is like deja vu and quickly becomes uninteresting.

In BF4 you still get a lot of squad play with repairing, revives/medic pack drops, supply drops and so on. In BF1 it seems that you can wait a long time for a medic standing next to your lifeless body for a revive and then they run off anyway. Even if you play for the squad you might as well not bother as it never gets reciprocated.

Even when playing TDM the whole thing feels off. I guess that most players are not cheating but maybe the physics and weapons end up giving the impression that they are. Obviously you have to learn and practice with weapons and it may be that I haven't given it enough time. But, if I get more fun playing BF4 there isn't much of an incentive to play BF1.

I'll have a go at the update when that is available but I'm not expecting much to be honest.

But I believe that it still can be better teamplay if they have fixed the RSP, we have our own server and play with people we know.
Then it could be a good game. I had pretty good rounds on BF1 with people who knowed how to play the game but only a few.

Reactions: glenwilson
But I believe that it still can be better teamplay if they have fixed the RSP, we have our own server and play with people we know.
Then it could be a good game. I had pretty good rounds on BF1 with people who knowed how to play the game but only a few.

think the same. ok, some maps are shit but this is equal like in bf4 lol but if we have our own server with no morons and a working admin than i pressume it could be a nicer game.

There are some BF4 maps I really dislike - Shanghai for example - but you can still have fun. At the moment the gameplay clouds the maps and other aspects of BF1. Moving from BF3 to BF4 felt like an incremental change in the game. Even BF4 to BFH felt like a step along the same path. BF1 though (ignoring the obvious step back in time) feels like a jump to a different path completely. I wonder if a lot of CoD players have moved across.

Not sure how accurate this is but there doesn't appear to be that many people playing CoD: Call of Duty Peak Player Count Statistics (through steam).

BF4 is currently about 60,000 (peak across all platforms). Battlefield 4 Stats

At this moment there are 240,000 playing BF1 (again peak across all platforms) with XBox One and PS4 doing really well. Battlefield 1 Stats

Maybe BF1 is attracting a lot of CoD players and that is the reason squad (or even team play) is suffering?

i think you are right with thinking BF1 is bit the new CoD. even more BF1 is made mostly for console player as you can see in the stats. on the same way they killed the PC community in bf1 because you can see how pissed they are or more how fast they lost the fun because they lost more and more PC player in BF1. looks at the current PC player count, just 31.000 PC BF1 instead of 15.000 PC BF4. thats nearly halved now and after such a short time and after a new DLC is released.

sadly is that sooo many cock, also me, bought the game before and EA already have our money. but i think what they have done wrong and that is the reason they said the next BF tittle will have to wait more as usual. i guess a lot if player wouldn´t buy the next BF game with the current experiance and EA know this time it would be a flop.

Agree. BF1 is the biggest disappointment in BF history so far. I've really tried to like it but there's just too many major flaws. I wonder if we've seen the end of BF as we know it and love. Will it become the "console CoD twin" game it seems to be now in future versions?

With any game you would expect a drop in players as new games appear they will migrate and leave regulars behind. BF4 is showing a gradual decline which you would expect but still retains a decent following. The decline of BF1 in just a year though is pretty significant from the first graph it has lost more than 50% of players in 6 months with no obvious jump with the release of the DLC. BF1 is increasingly looking like a Norwegian Blue parrot.

Lets wait and see and drink tea, even if we get blackened teeth.
BF4 isn't that bad to give it up for now.

Reactions: General_Misery
Hey guys,

I tried BF1 for 2 weeks now and I have to say I like it a lot... if you play with friends or real BF players
I didn't like BF4 for the gigantic maps and way too "vehicles" for me, 64 players in more in infantry maps.
So I was playing only BF3 and even BFBC2 lately.
But as already said in this thread, BF1 lacks good clans servers where you know you can meet friends and haters can be kicked (so many haters, no brain, racists...).
However, I think it has been made for teamplay, I can finish N°2 of my team with only 2 kills and all revive/heals and following squad leader orders.
Even spotting is fairly well rewarded and quite a lot squad ribbons reward.
and the operations mode (mixing Rush with conquest) can be really fun, bringing more "reality" as one team is attacking and the other defending.
Ace Pilots are still a problem but AA is pretty effective actually.
I would say the main problem is to know where to go to find good players, so I hope NRU will decide to have one :)
imho it's the main thing missing.

hoping to play soon with some of you guys !

Seb

That makes sense. Whenever I have tried to join friends I just end up waiting, and waiting...

Some of the stupid people can be ignored but there are so many racists and just nasty players it is unpleasant. You need chat to be active for orders and so on.

BF4 isn't that bad to give it up for now.
Agree with that!
For me personally Battlefield 1 is a solid game, ofc people who are ''world war 1'' enthusiasts they like it and they play it more than ordinary mortals (like myself), still I think that there's too much cheaters in BF1 and too much dominate players, especially with planes....I have like 85 Hours or so, and 90% of that time my brother played the game hah
It isn't really my taste but I can play it tho and I could get used to it
But as I like the modern war bit more than the historic one, I'll keep playing BF4 till it dies ofc,
Also I think the biggest problem why BF1 doesn't have too many player is that the price is very high and you don't really get a game that's worth it! And one more thing for example here in Bosnia where you work 10 hours to earn 20€, there isn't much people who actually have good enough PC to play bf1 or even if they have it, they had to save the money for few months and now they don't really want to spend like 130€ for bf1 premium.... the price is silly But we will see how it will work in few months when the price drops few euros, maybe people will start playing it bit more

yeah the price is a shame, 130€ for ultimate ??? for one game ? 59 for standard version and 49 more to have all the maps with the premium pass
They are really getting crazy with DLC.
I honestly don't remember the prices for BF3 to have all the maps, but I can't think it was that crazy.
And the worst is that when a new BF is out, it's almost vanilla map server which survive in the old ones. most of dlc maps server are most of the time empty (I'm not talking about BF4 but 3)
So basically you spend your premium pass for 1 year and a few month at max.
I bought deluxe edition for 39€ on a big sale thinking it was a good price and thinking above all that red baron and lawrence were DLC with maps... but not at all ^^
Just skins and extra weapons.
I'm waiting for a sale for premium pass, I don't want to support EA in this non stop raising of price.

BF1 has it's active movement advantages to BF4. You can climb over walls. Lay down slower, get up slower and get yourself a little bit more protected.
But the admin controls is still a thing.
Let's wait and see if it is something for our clan.

Development costs for games nowadays is escalating to that of blockbuster movies. BF4 was probably about £65 for the whole lot but £120 for BF1 is just too much. I suspect that the game cost also includes an amount to subsidise the servers too as EA/DICE are supplying those too and the associated infrastructure. I doubt that many people are renting servers from them at the moment with the lack of admin functions but I bet the game development was done with server rental as part of the income stream. Last time I looked there seemed to be a lot of empty servers still which we will be paying for as part of the high initial cost of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread