What happened so far

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
A quick summary:

At February i had a retinal detachment sickness and the cut part is attached to eye with silicone. It stayed 2 months in my eye and with second surgery it is removed.

After second surgery, everything came back to normal. But after 3 weeks, at May the eye created a membrane in retina in order to protect itself just like body forms a scab. I started to see like there was a curtain in front of my eye. Unfortunately it was a complication and that membrane needed to be removed and that part needed to attach with silicone again with third surgery.

Two months have passed after it and tomorrow i will go on a fourth surgery for silicone removal again.

After the surgery i won't be able look at cell phones or any computer screens for at least 10 - 15 days. I also won't be able to play pc games for at least one month.

If i don't have another complication this time i will be fully recovered in 45 - 60 days.

If i don't reply you for a while, this is the situation.

See you later all.

A quick summary:

At February i had a retinal detachment sickness and the cut part is attached to eye with silicone. It stayed 2 months in my eye and with second surgery it is removed.

After second surgery, everything came back to normal. But after 3 weeks, at May the eye created a membrane in retina in order to protect itself just like body forms a scab. I started to see like there was a curtain in front of my eye. Unfortunately it was a complication and that membrane needed to be removed and that part needed to attach with silicone again with third surgery.

Two months have passed after it and tomorrow i will go on a fourth surgery for silicone removal again.

After the surgery i won't be able look at cell phones or any computer screens for at least 10 - 15 days. I also won't be able to play pc games for at least one month.

If i don't have another complication this time i will be fully recovered in 45 - 60 days.

If i don't reply you for a while, this is the situation.

See you later all.

Wishing you all the best for your surgery and a speedy recovery afterwards :)

Reactions: blugi21
Sight is one if not the most important thing to have, everything else not as important, so take your time to get it right. 60 days is not that bad considering whats at stake.
So take good care Oz and hope it all goes well 🤞

Reactions: Osman883
You are in our thoughts - today and after your surgery.

Good luck and get well soon mate. (y)

Hi again all

Thank you for your good wishes. Sorry for the late reply.

More than one month has passed after the surgery. It was successfull but i took my time and didn't want to tire my eye. When i looked at any cell phones or shiny screens for 15 minutes of more, my eye tension started to increase and my view became whiter and whiter. I don't have that problem no more. I only feel discomfort at sunny days when i go out.

Only thing is after four surgeries in seven months, doctors said that cataract may be formed and it is expected. At the last check they said that it is started to take shape. But i already prepared myself. It will not be a big deal. The membrane issue that i had before is more serious than it. So far i didn't face any complication about a membrane problem. And i take things really slowly this time.

If everything goes fine, i said that i will be back in two months, it will take 15-20 more days but i am in a recovery time and it goes well for now.

I will go to a routine check 2 weeks later. I just wanted to keep you updated.

Thank you again.

Hey again

After the last surgery, 3 months have passed and so far i didn't have any complications. Retinal detachment illness in my right eye is completely recovered.

But since i had 4 surgeries in 5 months, they told me that there would be a cataract too. I also shared it with you 3 months ago.

Tomorrow i will go on a cataract surgery. If everything goes fine, that will be my last surgery in my eye and i won't have any more problems.

I hope i will join you in a couple of weeks.

I grateful for your support, it means a lot to me.

See you soon :)

Hey Osman, good to hear some news from you, best of luck for the last surgery 🤞 Take care :)

Good to hear man, can't wait for your return. Good luck with the surgery tomorrow!

Thanks for keeping us informed Oz. I know you haven't had it easy for a while, but hopefully its all coming to an end soon.
Hang in there, we've all missed you, take care (y)

Users who are viewing this thread