What happened so far

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I am really happy to hear that, mate, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Please take care.

Reactions: Osman883
Unfortunately a complication is occured in my eye. One month passed after the second surgery and everything was going pretty well, i was fully recovered.

They told me that that will be a cataract in this eye in the future and it is a normal reaction from the eye. And i didn't care too much because, i see almost one person in every family has cataract and after surgery it heals in 2 - 3 days.

Like 5 - 6 days ago, i woke up with a blurry view in my eye and went to doctor immediately. First i thought it is cataract but they said that retinal detachment is fully recovered but my body is started to create a membrane to protect retina. In that case i needed go on another surgery about this. The membrane will be cut and that area will be attached to retina with silicone again. Right now i see very blurry with it. After the surgery, my right eye may be closed up to 15 days and in the first 5 days i need to lay down to my right side. they said that laying at back or laying at left side will be forbidden so the silicone can be hardened and fit.

After the first surgery, i had two months recovering before silicone removal operation. This time it won't take that much but i think at least 3 weeks i can't join you in game.

Actually i am in a terrible mood right now. I think i can't reply for a while.

See you all soon.

Be strong Os, mate.. I understand your bad mood, but it's all going to pass away for sure!

Hang in there Oz, eyes are so important so give them time to settle. Hoping for a fast and full recovery (y)

Sorry to hear that! :( Hopefully everything goes well and you recover quickly from this setback.

Dear Osman, I am really sorry to hear that.
A setback can be a devastating experience and I can fully understand the way you feel at the moment.
Please don't blame yourself but remember all the improvements you made during your journey to recovery.
I wish you all the strength you need to endure!

We keep on thinking of you.

Get well soon, my friend.
I'm sending loads of good wishes for your recovery.

Hi again

3 Weeks passed after the third surgery they told that it was successfull and silicone was in good shape. Also after one week they told me that i could look at screens again but i wanted to wait 2 weeks more before looking at any screen again.

My right eye is blurry because of silicone and it will be removed one month later. Also i went to shopping today and sun light didn't disturb my eye. I still can't drive car, go on airplane or lift something heavy but i am returning to my daily life again.

Silicone will be removed in July and after that i will have a cataract issue. They say it is the normal reaction from the eye if you are 50+ years old cataract will occur rapidly, if you are 20 it will occur in 2 - 3 years or won't occur. Since i am middle aged :p it will take 2 to 12 months.

I was very upset and i kept thinking '' what have i done? and why i face these things '' but they always say that myopic people who have 5+ numbers in their eyes may have this retinal detachment issue and it is a physical problem and pyschological.

Also they allowed me to watch tv from 3,5 - 4 meters and since i love football i watch Euro 2020 matches. Although i am extremely disappointed about Turkey's performence ( it can't be worse :sneaky: ) but still i really enjoy other matches.

At next monday i will have a routine doctor check. And maybe i will use pc more after that.

I am really grateful for you support, thank you all for your good wishes. 🙏

Hi again

3 Weeks passed after the third surgery they told that it was successfull and silicone was in good shape. Also after one week they told me that i could look at screens again but i wanted to wait 2 weeks more before looking at any screen again.

My right eye is blurry because of silicone and it will be removed one month later. Also i went to shopping today and sun light didn't disturb my eye. I still can't drive car, go on airplane or lift something heavy but i am returning to my daily life again.

Silicone will be removed in July and after that i will have a cataract issue. They say it is the normal reaction from the eye if you are 50+ years old cataract will occur rapidly, if you are 20 it will occur in 2 - 3 years or won't occur. Since i am middle aged :p it will take 2 to 12 months.

I was very upset and i kept thinking '' what have i done? and why i face these things '' but they always say that myopic people who have 5+ numbers in their eyes may have this retinal detachment issue and it is a physical problem and pyschological.

Also they allowed me to watch tv from 3,5 - 4 meters and since i love football i watch Euro 2020 matches. Although i am extremely disappointed about Turkey's performence ( it can't be worse :sneaky: ) but still i really enjoy other matches.

At next monday i will have a routine doctor check. And maybe i will use pc more after that.

I am really grateful for you support, thank you all for your good wishes. 🙏
Great to hear, all the best mate 👍🏻🙂

Users who are viewing this thread