Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nice pics. Did you pick one for Christmas dinner?

Went to the Apple shop. Wife decides to go for a wander whilst I am in there. Ipad battery was faulty so got a new replacement iPad (or will when they have it in stock) despite it being a year out of guarantee.

Pic below is Edinburgh's Prince's Street. Pointy thing is Scott Monument and the castle is the dark bit behind it.

View attachment 8165
I've driven down that street in Forza Horizon 4, that's why I thought it was so familiar! :D

Apple is very generous with replacing products with faulty batteries. Colleague reported that her screen was lifting out of the frame: was because of a swollen up battery, and, of course it was out of warranty. We were ready to pay to fix it, but it was free.

Probably to avoid lawsuits because of batteries blowing up :ROFLMAO:
Looking at you Samsung 👀

Reactions: glenwilson
I have had really good service from them. Was expecting to pay for the repair but pleased to get a new device. My Mum has only just upgraded her iPad 3 (which was mine) and her friend is still using my old iPad 1 16gb.

Edinburgh not looking its best. No bloody tourist though! :D But not Christmas market either ( :( ).

Reactions: ItsDABAUZZ
I was banished from the kitchen today as my wife was baking the Christmas cake. The house just smells of cake even now in the evening. Ours is on the left and the one on the right is for my mum. Would normally be on our way back from visiting and would be stocked up with essentials from France. Yes, that would be beers, wines, brandies, cheeses and sausages (also known as the 5 major food groups). With the various travel restrictions that obviously isn't possible. Yes we could go down for Christmas but we all agreed it would be worth waiting until it is safe. Just wish you could all smell these cakes though!

D0BB1279 8332 4D67 8B8B C1AC2700ACA3

My husband and I are very fond of visiting and "exploring" caves, especially those in the region of the Swabian Jura (= Schwäbische Alb).
On our way to one of them, we passed by a really beautiful place which we visited at the end of June (... so it's not really "today's" view but I hope you don't mind) - it's the so-called 'Lonetopf', which is to be found in the little village of Lonesee in Baden-Württemberg.

The Lonetopf (transl.: "Lone Bowl" or "Lone Pot" <- reference to its concave shape) is a pool fed by a spring.
It's the source of the river Lone in the karst landscape of the Swabian Jura, a mountain range in the southwestern part of Germany.

Depth: 6 m
Diameter: 10 m
Water emission rate per second: 220 l

Depending on the light, the water sometimes changes its colour (so it seems), ranging from dark blue to light turquoise.
When we were there, everything was peaceful and quiet, only a light breeze stirred the branches and the surface of the water with its crystal clear reflections of the surroundings.
For me it was (and still is) one of the most enchanted and idyllic places we've ever visited.

DSC05352 DSC05356 DSC05323

Come to think of it, the imported images are much lighter than the original images.
I'm sorry about that.

My husband and I are very fond of visiting and "exploring" caves, especially those in the region of the Swabian Jura (= Schwäbische Alb).
On our way to one of them, we passed by a really beautiful place which we visited at the end of June (... so it's not really "today's" view but I hope you don't mind) - it's the so-called 'Lonetopf', which is to be found in the little village of Lonesee in Baden-Württemberg.

The Lonetopf (transl.: "Lone Bowl" or "Lone Pot" <- reference to its concave shape) is a pool fed by a spring.
It's the source of the river Lone in the karst landscape of the Swabian Jura, a mountain range in the southwestern part of Germany.

Depth: 6 m
Diameter: 10 m
Water emission rate per second: 220 l

Depending on the light, the water sometimes changes its colour (so it seems), ranging from dark blue to light turquoise.
When we were there, everything was peaceful and quiet, only a light breeze stirred the branches and the surface of the water with its crystal clear reflections of the surroundings.
For me it was (and still is) one of the most enchanted and idyllic places we've ever visited.

View attachment 8185 View attachment 8186 View attachment 8187

Beautiful pictures!

Southern Germany sometimes just looks like a Tolkien Hobbit Country straight out of a fairy tale.
The many shades of green in your pictures make it even more plausible.

Was growing up next to the Frankenjura with a lot of caves some little castleruins on top of some rocky hills and some boulders to climb up:)

• Love
Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
amazing "water color". i know this color also from some bavarian lakes. looks always so unreal.

Yes, that's true, the Bavarian Alpine lakes are renowned for their stunning colours ranging from emerald-green to the deepest blue.
They are not very far away from where we live, but it's the Schwäbische Alb with its many different caves that attract us a little bit more. ;)
[Just an example: Vogelherdhöhle: UNESCO World Heritage – Caves and ice age art of the Swabian Jura (archaeopark-vogelherd.de) ]

... and thank you very much for your tip concerning the Frankenjura, Steffos. :)

It is surprising how you get used to good graphics. We have got a few remastered games for the PS4 like Spyro. Though the graphics are better the games themselves are still a lot of fun. I think they concentrated on the game rather than the visuals and are better for it. Should get ours out of the loft and have a go too! It is fun getting other emulators running too like the Vic 20 and C64. Really should get a Raspberry Pi and build an emulator console.

Nothing exciting here. Weather is just yuck so can't do some bits in the garden that need doing. Got a cheap no glue airfix kit in Aldi a while back and it was awful slime green colour and had been meaning to paint it for a while. Got some Tamiya metallic lacquer paints to try. Very pleased with the results. Have had other metallic paints but they are quite fussy to use - need a gloss black primer and low pressure in the airbrush and seem delicate to touch and mark really easily. These though are great and cheaper too. This was sparkly silver for the body and burnt iron for the roof and spoiler. Have really stayed away from cars as you really need a perfect paint finish with these paints that should help.

51C11C22 8C7A 4540 ABB6 90EADC0C2B08

thats annoying they are not on the cheap side, how old is your chair?

Same problem after 3 years or so with a maxnomic chair, but I think its no big deal I will make another leather on it :)

I think it doesnt like jeans because they have riveting out of metal in them

Looks really nice. When I was younger my rally cars had similar bucket seats. Once I had wedged my fat ass in them there was no way I was getting out quickly! That image will ruin a few peoples day! :D

Arse leather on cow leather seems Ok to me - never had an issue. Might be because I have never had a leather chair though? :unsure:

French culture point of the day:

Today in Lyon like each 8th December, it's the "Fête des Lumières" people puts candles on the windowsills of their houses. This is because in the Middle Ages period there was an epidemic of plague. People promised to pay homage to the Vierge Marie every year if the plague epidemic ended. As the epidemic ceased and the city has been spared, people kept their promise and paid homage to Her every year until nowadays. Whether people are religious or not, they participate. It is an emblem of the city which has become very touristic with the other part of the Fête des Lumières and the illumination of many monuments of the old quarter of the city with synchronized music. Sounds and dynamic projected lights plays with the relief and architecture of the different buildings.

The irony is that this year there is no party with the lights because of an epidemic, 🤡 lol sadly.

This was for the little story. These images are not from me, it's just to illustrate. :)

Last edited:
thats annoying they are not on the cheap side, how old is your chair?
The chair itself is 5 1/2 years old. I guess after about 4 1/2 years it started to go off. Also thought about putting some new leather (or some sort of car seat condom) over it, but I'm too busy (lazy).

Reactions: Steffos666

Users who are viewing this thread