Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
So living room painting is nearly done. Electrician has refitted lights so we can now see at night. The temp ones fitted were almost useless. Kitchen painting started so we are hopeful of possibly starting to get things back to normal tomorrow. Have to admit to a couple of days when I have felt really fed up with this. I know it is only a temporary thing but it does still get to you. It is silly things where you just cannot go and get or do something because it is packed away. Donโ€™t normally get depressed but this just seems to be dragging.

Despite being fed up I know that there is a light in the tunnel and soon we will be back to normal. However, I know some people arenโ€™t that lucky. Depression and other mental health issues are not easy to self diagnose. If you drop something on your foot and it hurts you know what the cause is and how to treat it. Depression, anxiety etc. Is harder to see in yourself and find the cause of. It is important to look after our mental health too. Sometimes it is hard to listen to someone saying there is something wrong with us but hopefully they are doing it in our best interest.

Will be glad when we can get the TV and HiFi set up. I really cannot understand how bad TV speakers are. Even a cheap set of gaming speakers are better than what is installed. Would rather watch a film on a black and white telly with good sound than a great picture with awful sound. We had to resort to watching stuff on the iPad as that was better than trying to huddle around the PCโ€™s screen.

Feels like in a tank :) and keeps snowing

Attachments

• 15523845620465136676082654400476.jpg
    15523845620465136676082654400476.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Haha
Reactions: glenwilson
Work finished only the last vestige of paint drying. Put new lamp up that was a real challenge. Good job we donโ€™t have a swear box (I would be bankrupt) or language enforcement (I would be banned). Instructions say you have to fit the bulb holder thingy to the ceiling and push on the shade. You have to use string to pull support enough to catch. ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฌ

41CC775B B0C7 46FE 9B27 E09D99E56F12

Putting stuff back after emptying the living room and kitchen is exhausting. Really trying hard to get a decent cable management setup. Trying not not network stuff that doesnโ€™t need to be and not have separate USB power supplies for each thing.

Since the ceiling work has been completed it has taken a while to get back to normal(

The living room ceiling, walls refinished and painted and kitchen ceiling and walls painted meant that we given an opportunity to reorganise things rather just put things back as they were. That also meant repainting the hall too along with a few other DIY jobs like replacing wall sockets with USB chargers, adding extra sockets and so on. The final push is painting the hall radiator and doors. At that point most things are done.

We still have the bedrooms to do but that will be later in the year. I also need to sand the wood flooring but again that will be later in the year. Really looking forward to being able to do other stuff like cutting the lawn ๐Ÿคฅ and gardening ๐Ÿคฅ๐Ÿคฅ๐Ÿคฅ. Hopefully the weather will get a bit better too.

E8095D99 B77A 440A B76B 638CDCEBF5DA

Reactions: lakaelo
Yesterday was cold and frosty but eventually warmed up with even bees becoming active. Which also meant my wife became โ€˜garden activeโ€™ too. That inevitably leads to the phrase โ€˜grass is longโ€™. Fortunately I need to get petrol for the mower so I wasnโ€™t able to comply with the command (it wasnโ€™t just a comment). Our lawn is mainly moss because of poor drainage and even when sunny it is quite often in shadow. So Mrs W decided to use the moss raker thingy. Which also meant I would be using the thing. The good thing is now there a big gaps in the โ€˜lawnโ€™ where the green has disappeared and doesnโ€™t now need cutting. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

So here is a picture of a bee.

1E111ECF D8BB 42C4 A5A0 06427C1DBFE9

Reactions: ParisX and lakaelo
Me (on Saturday & Sunday and Monday) On Tuesday I will sand the kitchen floor.

Today: Standing with belt sander in hand....

Mrs: I am baking a cake

Me: ๐Ÿ˜‘ I will do gardening.

5420E517 BF06 40FB 9990 F9D171103601

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread