Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

From what I know I could have played football for Germany, Scotland, Wales and England. Of course I would have needed to be good at football first. So I am basically a well organised, haggis loving sheep worier who speaks with a slightly London accent. :)

Just cannot trust the wife. She went to meet a friend for coffee and comes home with this haul. I’m not complaining. :D

3F46D8A4 8F3C 4B10 8B4C 2B8829F2568B

Well that developed quickly. Heard some dripping. Realised it was from the ceiling rather than a tap. Hot water pipe joint failed. Leak now fixed but have the fun of getting ceiling repaired now.

665A5BD0 CB9D 4892 B9DF 2BF001603511

Looks like the hot water pipe was fitted over a very small nail head and when the pipe expanded and cooled it rubbed the pipe. So eventually, ovr about 30 years it has rubbed through the pipe and voila - leak!

Ice and Riz, thank you for making me laugh.

We have tidied everything up and duct taped some plastic sheet over the hole just to stop the draught. My suggestion that we put some stairs in and make the loft into a man attic was met with a frosty stare.

So, after having the ceiling tested for asbestos (negative result) we have now had the contractor in to assess the work required. Te ceiling in bith the living room and kitchen will need to be completely replaced. Not only that but because that will require the cornice to be removed, which will damage the walls which will need to be replastered too.

So, looks like we will have a few days with no ceiling and then nowhere to sit. And about 2 weeks of chaos. BUT, we won’t have to decorate the living room now as they will be doing it. And all because a pipe had a hole about the size of the degree sign here: °

omg. Glen my friend I dont envy you , hope you get help from quick and skilled craftsmen to fix it.

Thanks. It is silly stuff like having to empty the rooms but having nowhere to put it - we live in a smallish bungalow. Things like having to take the TV off the wall and move the DVD player, PS4 etc etc probably no BF either as we nee to make room for other stuff where the PC is.

Good excuse to tidy up and rearrange everything though. :)

Yes! They phoned this evening and have approved the estimate - about £1400. No timescale yet but that is a step forward. May have to live in the bedrooms for a few days though when the ceilings are taken down.

Yes! They phoned this evening and have approved the estimate - about £1400. No timescale yet but that is a step forward. May have to live in the bedrooms for a few days though when the ceilings are taken down.
look in your insurance policies. mostly you also have a "hotel clause" there where you can sleep in a hotel when you home is not in the condition to sleep there. ;)

There is but wife doesn't want to evoke it. I am sure she is looking forward to the potent man musk from men working hard! :) Could even be the possible workie butt crack sighting. :unsure:

I would have, even just to have a breakfast cooked for me. 🌭🍔🍟🥩🍗🍺🍔

Users who are viewing this thread