Todays View

glenwilson

NRU Heed
So sanding the kitchen floor - it has been about 20 years since it last had any attention. Another of those things that you don’t really notice because of the gradual change. Got the vacuum attached to the sander to minimise dust but there is still some about. Wearing a dust mask 😷 but what they don’t say is wear ear plugs. Why? Well, ear felt itchy and it was like that scene in Shrek where he whips out a wax candle except mine was a smaller sawdust bunny. 😁

B96D1760-1A0B-4C87-91A8-952AF1EFA49F.jpeg

Reactions: edgarsmelderis12

glenwilson

NRU Heed
So got half of it done. The photo really doesn’t show the difference that well. Made some vacuum adapters for the mouse and belt sanders which helps a lot to keep the dust down. Progress was hindered when the belt sander power cable got caught in the belt sander. Need to fix the cable (looks like some insulation tape should do) and see if I have killed it or not!

Time for a 🍺

B6049BC3-880D-43F1-A34A-51A436F0A8AD.jpeg0229864C-C8C1-4BE3-89E0-103C434CD2BF.jpegDC8A9CEB-F720-439E-AAA1-05388B14AF48.jpeg8E57973F-7B93-4A07-A778-15220CF72BDC.jpeg

Reactions: edgarsmelderis12

glenwilson

NRU Heed
I have done an exhaust on a Fiesta Mk2 XR2 along with a K&N filter a long long time ago. My boy racer years.

Is replacing the cat just unbolting the old one and bolting on the new one?

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
Dont you dare put tape on that cable o_O
Cut the cable back to the nearest healthy part, open the sander, remove the cable from damaged area to motor/switch, feed the good cable through the same way as the bit you took out and rewire in the sander.
Not sure if you need to solder, if you do just remember 2 things "clean and flux" to both parts you solder (y)

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Dont you dare put tape on that cable o_O
Cut the cable back to the nearest healthy part, open the sander, remove the cable from damaged area to motor/switch, feed the good cable through the same way as the bit you took out and rewire in the sander.
Not sure if you need to solder, if you do just remember 2 things "clean and flux" to both parts you solder (y)
That really was meant as a joke but grateful for your concern. There is about 150mm of damaged wire so I have cut that out completely and have initially just used a screw connection to join them together and will test it like that just to make sure it runs ok. If it is OK I will then solder the wires together and use shrink wrap insulation over the Joins and the whole repair as the screw connector is too bulky and vulnerable for a permanent solution. If it does work I will get the sanding finished and replace the wire completely when I have more time to disassemble the thing. Or there may be enough cable to just put the plug on where the join is and use an extension lead.

B1160064-5211-4C82-B922-72E5D7C3B39B.jpeg

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Actually abandoned the cable repair and just put the plug there. Cable was long enough to use with an extension cable but may have a look at replacing the cable if it can be taken apart. Sanding is now complete. Not perfect but you have to stop at some point especially as there will inevitably be wear in the kitchen. Going for an oil based clear matte finish rather than a varnish. Easier to maintain/repair going forward.

IceDiverTom

NRU Member
Website
www.btfz.de
feels like the "cave man" story:
wife inside house,
men belong not to the house,
not direct,
more in the surroundings....like... outside ^^
Cellar, Carport, garden eg

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
Glen what a great idea, Im going to get all my tools out in the garden to get a nice SUN TAN :cool: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

glenwilson

NRU Heed
It is still a nice day despite the forecast but it was really for the dust. Cutting MDF with a jigsaw was fine and manageable but when it comes to the router and sander I thought it was neighbourly to share it with others. 😁

Primed and couple of top coats on. Need to allow it to dry for 24hrs and then a light sand and another coat.