Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Great of having inspired you :)
Are you coming along with the recipes?

Are you using a bread maker? I never owned one what can it do for you :D.

Something I need is something unexpensive to hold temperatures for aging the Dough.
In range of 20 - 35°C. I think many build their own stuff out of a digital therometer and a heatpad. But i just am afraid of playing with heating elements if it has no own safety precautions.

May the bread be with you

Are you using a bread maker? I never owned one what can it do for you :D.

in the past i also never used one and at some point i lost the fun at baking bread because its such a effort. that why i bought a breadmaker some month ago and now i ask me why i havent done this before. lol
its such easier to make your own bread and also no big deal moneywise. mine was around 60. € and its just fine. for me its importent what it is IN the bread not HOW its made. so i just put all into the maschine what i need, push some buttons and 3-4 hours later i have my bread.

in the past i also never used one and at some point i lost the fun at baking bread because its such a effort. that why i bought a breadmaker some month ago and now i ask me why i havent done this before. lol
its such easier to make your own bread and also no big deal moneywise. mine was around 60. € and its just fine. for me its importent what it is IN the bread not HOW its made. so i just put all into the maschine what i need, push some buttons and 3-4 hours later i have my bread.

Well I stay with my breadnerd stuff. Do you use Yeast for bread then?

My flour is almost empty no. I can A: order whole grain online B: bake no bread until this bullshit is over and other people go to the baker again.

Yes we use yeast, mainly live yeast but packet if nothing else is available.

We have had a bread maker for about 8 years now with the current one being a Panasonic. As Laka says, just measure the ingredients, set the machine and when it beeps you have a loaf. The advantage is that it costs about 50p/€0.5 per loaf incl all ingredients and the cost of the machine. When we first got a machine there wasn’t the big choice of breads that there are now and tastes so much nicer. Our supermarket sells live yeast for bread which I prefer to the dried yeast packets.

I have made bread kneading it myself or by using a Kenwood mixer and baking it in the oven but for general bread to toast for breakfast the machine does a good job. A proving drawer would be great as I suspect that may be the issue with my previous attempts.

I am really keen to try sourdough again but the supermarkets have no flour at all. Not just bread flour but flour for pasta and cakes etc. We tried three stores today and nothing, completely empty shelves. I tried searching online and couldn’t find anything anywhere. What flour you can get like gluten free or almond and other weird flours are about €8+ per kg.

Once we can get some flour I will then start my sourdough journey again.

Reactions: Steffos666
IMG 20200417 183519

Nobody would care about parking this in the middle of the main road for one day, they said.

Some type of electrical transformer was in the newspaper. They are planning a route for that where they have to drive over a mountain with a so damn curved road that it is the favourite motorcycle track around here. Good luck I would say.

American beer tastes like sweaty socks! :sick:

You need to find some decent US beer. None of the well known brands really qualify as good. Drinking the water before they ruin it is a better strategy.

However, Dogfish Head 60 min IPA is brilliant. Sam Adams is probably more widely available along with Goose Island IPA. Any of those would lubricate some squeaky tracks. 😆

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pottering around in the garage prior to cutting the lawn 😕 and got that being watched feeling. Put some sunflower seeds down for it and it was disgusted and wanted some suet pellets! Not hand feeding yet.

View attachment 6009
Lol this is so proving that stereotype how all old people likes feeding birds. Good you can still have fun after Bingo hall is closed becouse of corona hihihihihi. :D :tbag:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you feed them, they will come. When things go really tits up we will have two sources of food. Bird seed/peanuts and bird pie whereas the neighbour next door will only have their rabbit for one meal and other neighbours will initially rely on their cats bringing in an occasional vole or mouse before realising Fluffy will provide a decent snack and a warm hat for the apocalyptic winter. 😁

What is this bingo you refer to?

What is this bingo you refer to?
You know that lottery game where you can win stuff prize if you are first player who hits right numbers? All old people love it like feeding of birds, sitting on bench at park/mall and Wheel of Fortune TV show. :)

Maybe i should stop these old people jokes before you slap me to face with your glove and say we are having sword duel at morning when sun is rising. Then im wondering is brutal thing like that even legal nowadays. :unsure: I mean forcing people wake up so early. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I challenge you to a fish dance…

My nan used to be addicted to bingo and would sneak off when she was supposed to be babysitting me. I used to get £5 (a lot then) to keep my mouth shut and not grass her to my mum and dad! She was a grumpy old cow who was so prim and proper and used to get all prudish when people kissed on TV and got really embarrassed if it went further. After she died, we discovered that she HAD to get married as my Mum’s sister was born about five months after she got married.😳

There are a few bingo clubs around here but I don’t think we are old enough to join them yet and we don’t have any appropriate clothing. Looks like shell suits are compulsory. 🙃

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread