Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Might need a few of these today. Suffering from a distinct lack of enthusiasm today.

The coffee brûlée’s were rather good though - crushed some beans up and let them infuse in the 250ml double cream 75ml milk that was heated to not quite boiling and left to cool. Then added a double espresso to the 4 egg yolks and 50gm of caster sugar. Add the cream/milk to the egg mixture and whisk together. Put the mixture through a fine strainer to remove the coffee beans and any milk skin that may have formed when it cooled. Pour into dishes and bake at 140°C for 23.74589432 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. This recipe really does work, many of the other ones I tried curdled the eggs but this never has.

D0308872 A460 4374 A905 AE70A5BCBC1F

Might need a few of these today. Suffering from a distinct lack of enthusiasm today.

The coffee brûlée’s were rather good though - crushed some beans up and let them infuse in the 250ml double cream 75ml milk that was heated to not quite boiling and left to cool. Then added a double espresso to the 4 egg yolks and 50gm of caster sugar. Add the cream/milk to the egg mixture and whisk together. Put the mixture through a fine strainer to remove the coffee beans and any milk skin that may have formed when it cooled. Pour into dishes and bake at 140°C for 23.74589432 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. This recipe really does work, many of the other ones I tried curdled the eggs but this never has.

View attachment 5942
I won't lie, even tho i am not a coffee fanatic, that looks like something i would drink within a minute cause it looks so damn nice :D What you might be lacking for the enthusiasm is either a good wank or Iron ( take as pill supplement ) xD

The lack of enthusiasm is down to shitty cold wet weather that means we cannot get anything outside done. Plus neighbours who cannot follow rules and are coughing and sneezing out there. The second coffee has helped 🤪 so have made the mushroom and ricotta ravioli for this evening, the tagliatelle for later in the week, Chinese mushrooms also for later in the week. Contemplating making a sequel to the paint drying video, not sure if I should go with varnish drying or filler drying.

D80F0216 E5AA 4172 9116 C817B3DEFBE6 E892C5E1 B17E 491E AA54 28357D9C7113

Reactions: Osman883 and ParisX
The lack of enthusiasm is down to shitty cold wet weather that means we cannot get anything outside done. Plus neighbours who cannot follow rules and are coughing and sneezing out there. The second coffee has helped 🤪 so have made the mushroom and ricotta ravioli for this evening, the tagliatelle for later in the week, Chinese mushrooms also for later in the week. Contemplating making a sequel to the paint drying video, not sure if I should go with varnish drying or filler drying.

View attachment 5943View attachment 5944
Holy damn mate you got a full fledged pasta making factory there xD ! ! !

trying my new kaffee sample packs with 4 different kaffees today. little bit exiting. :)

IMG_0782.jpg

What type of coffee do you make?

You are secretly following me. I stopped buying pasta ready before the Crisis and I making it on my own (I did it in the past but only for special moments).

And started buying expensive coffee for our new espressomachine.

Now only somebody has to say he also makes sour dough bread and I know I have a spy at home

Pressed enter then saw the reply above!!

That looks like an interesting selection and would be really interested to know what you think of them. Do you use a machine, filter, cafetière or some weird German method? 😁

The ones I got were:
Espresso Blend
Cold Brew Ground Coffee
Colombia El Carmen Filter Roast
Honduras Clave del Sol Washed

Feel a bit guilty about ordering online especially for non-essentials (I’m excluding the coffee here) but if it helps keep local businesses going then that must help the stores and the employees.

Update: Wife is making angel cake (no idea what that is) and chocolate chip cookies. Precious flour stock is being diminished. Send help!

Last edited:
starting with the papua-neu-guinea one. very nice and soft taste but not such a special taste. will see what the next one will be.

we just using a only simple caffeemaschine from philips Produkt Philips Series 2200 Kaffeevollautomat EP2220/10 Kaffeevollautomat kaufen
but this one is having a inbuilt waterfilter and that is fine here because we are having a very calcareous water and this is killing the maschines very fast or/and the taste of the koffee.

Hahahahah Simple machine? I have to grind and then add the coffee manually!

Water sounds like that in London - get a scum in the cup.

Reactions: lakaelo
It was actually quite a pleasant day. Got a few bits done outside but it was still quite chilly despite the sun being out. Neighbours were actually sitting out in deck chairs!!! My glue supply arrived so should have enough to keep me going for a little while. Also got a 1/72 scale Sopwith Camel kit which is about 6cm long so that should be fun and in contrast to that the 1/16 Tiger 1 also arrived. The picture shows the top of the hull with the 1/35 King Tiger on top of it. Finished it will be f***ing massive!

E570071E 861B 4A3D B558 43075EF541D3

Still no flour in the shops. We did mange to get a couple of small bags of Canadian flour which was twice the normnl price of bread flour. Found some spelt flour so used that to make a loaf. Turned out OK.

1319D38C 2A6B 4F12 9D53 BA1FA7199D35

today on a short do round to a nice spot "burg pymont" nearby. planed marry should have some fun in the water but that must be such cold, she jumped out again faster that i start my cam lol however, was a nice, lonely, pippi round with the dog.
wow such nice place love those waterfalls:love:i must take a photo of them some time

Thats one hell of a yorkshire pud Glen !!! :love:

🤣😂 The basic recipe is 550gm flour, 350ml water/milk, 10gm sugar, 5gm salt, and yeast. The amount of liquid depends on the flour. As I hadn’t done an all spelt loaf before I didn’t know if it needed less or more liquid. Slightly too much liquid and you get a loaf with that sort of top. Usually if there is too much liquid you end up with something more like a Klingon’s forehead rather than the (now I never not see it as a) Yorkshire pud.

Not had a Yorkshire pud for ages, must try this weekend.

Reactions: edgarsmelderis12
Yesterdays "Hefezopf" with my natural yeast water: I'm not good in braiding - especially not as good as my grandmother was.
20190210 125147 1
And the sourdough bread wit 20% rye(Roggen) and 80% spelt(Dinkel). Grain names are reeeeeally broing in english :D
 DSC9742

Users who are viewing this thread