Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
here it is maybe a bit easier. also getting some "financial support" countrywise but also gettings some good and maybe more or less free credit from our bank. when i remember right, i was paying 185.- € / month for a credit at the solar panels and getting 225.- / month from our powercompany for "selling" our produced eletricity into the power grid. so after all i made 40.- plus each month plus the use of the electricity we are using for own consumption.

but as you said, this is only a countrybased thing and each country had other baselines for the support.

the other part with the ground-to-water headpump was all in all a much higher invest ( nearly 40k ) because we planed this as we built out house and also included a better house insulation, underfloor heating, energy saving house and other things.

but at the end, we are running our house with around 40.- euro / month costs for ( heating, water, energy )
That is really sweat deal! hm, dunno, we have wells and underground water thats pretty shallow (4-6 m depth) so water is aplenty :) Priority for us too in thermal insulation over existing exterior finishing. Cost to get to around 10 000 euro (local countervaluse. Cost of a small new car around here...)

Our house is insulated but to improve it we would need to gut the house interior walls to add extra insulation. Was looking at new houses a month ago and the comment on the sales blurb was that they had were better than a Victorian house. Given Victorian would mean at least over 120+ years old you would think that it would be more than just better by now. You would also expect insulation under floor, solar panels designed in, better windows and so on but they just seem to be built to meet regulations and make as much profit as they can.

The windows on our house were awful and we replaced them with the best we could and the difference in sound and heat insulation was really noticeable. We do try and save power wherever possible by doing things like baking bread in the oven while cooking dinner in there at the same time. Try not to have things like PCs running when not required and so on.

Did a bit of brickwork today. Fixed caps on railin posts. Im so rusty with mortar. Hopefully it will come out ok when it dries and gets a final wash, (i know railing is old and all worn out, it is plan to change it with new wood, thats why its not nice and coloured). Also started finally engraving little marble plaquette for wifes departed rabbit to install under his favorite spot in garden. Hopefully it comes out ok.

Attachments

• 20211023_165708.jpg
    20211023_165708.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20211023_165652.jpg
    20211023_165652.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20211023_165713.jpg
    20211023_165713.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20211023_172709.jpg
    20211023_172709.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
At my mother's house we had a leak in the water heater because of corrosion and age, so water was all over the ground at the cellar!
When I came to help clean up the water, I smelled a mix between sulfur (rotten egg) and exhaust gas...
Called the firemen, turns out the sulfur smell came likely from the water leak, and there was no gas leak!! 😪👍
A reminder to change your water heater from time to time..😂 lol, my mother's worked for 25 years though, german Vaillant brand

Security cam got triggered. Initially thought 'we have humming birds in Scotland?'

View attachment 14634
ok so this was bugging me so much :) so found few candidates. I think it was a Robin. That green shine on the back is bugging me. There are few birds here that can have limited stationayr flight. Humming birds can just do it for really long. But that green shine is bugging me. Robins are usually lighter on the back and more brownish, although google has shown some of the darker ones too... I think it should be Robin

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 13-25-17 robin bird – Google pretraživanje.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 13-25-17 robin bird – Google pretraživanje.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 13-10-04 Todays View.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 13-10-04 Todays View.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 4
Yes, it was a robin. We have a couple in the garden. This one which is a bit skinny looking and another that looks like it has eaten all the pies!

• Love
Reactions: Riot_co
Apart from a shopping trip and constant rain it hasn't been particularly exciting at Llama Headquarters apart from the Mrs realising there is only one bottle of brandy left in the cellar!

However, my day was brightened up considerably when I found out there was a loco with a special name. I am probably late to finding this out but the front loco in this double header (I know my train terminology) is named <insert drum roll> Dick Mabbutt! 🤣🤣🤣

B3FDF5DF 81F9 4592 8712 C04F7C8A324F

My mum uses those coffee pod things and she just phoned to say her machine just broke. That is ok, it has a two year guarantee..... oh!

927E18F4 B193 4306 8F9D C572BE5F9D47

Last edited:
Apart from a shopping trip and constant rain it hasn't been particularly exciting at Llama Headquarters apart from the Mrs realising there is only one bottle of brandy left in the cellar!

However, my day was brightened up considerably when I found out there was a loco with a special name. I am probably late to finding this out but the front loco in this double header (I know my train terminology) is named <insert drum roll> Dick Mabbutt! 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 14666

My mum uses those coffee pod things and she just phoned to say her machine just broke. That is ok, it has a two year guarantee..... oh!

View attachment 14668
oh man one day curse :/ sound slike lightbulb conspiracy :giggle:

Yes! She actually said it broke yesterday but didn't bother phoning so I may have been able to do something.🤬 She wanted an espresso machine years ago but felt it was too much of a faff to use so I inherited it and it is still going about six years later and gets used every day. Those dolce gusto machines are awful but she has a load of the pods still...

Guess what we are having for dinner?

8352DAB3 9FE3 494B BA75 883F631CFF58 52273AC4 C927 4048 9482 5D8C8B485C60

Users who are viewing this thread