Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Cheers Glen ;-]

Only problem I have with tastings (wine, beer, gin eg.)
I can rate only one or two seriuosly..
The following ones are mostly a bit cloudy to remind on next day ;-]

And yes I have an idea, how our nude player will reply to this comment: ....dont swallow, she said...

And no, I dont have a drinking problem, only if not ;-]

What usually happens for us is that we find a beer or wine we like and inevitably they stop making it so we do stock up. An expensive wine for us is £7 but I find the Carrefour table
wine at €1.5 /l OK but beer a bit more fussy about. Usually only have beer a couple of times a week. G&T other days.

Reactions: Riot_co
What usually happens for us is that we find a beer or wine we like and inevitably they stop making it so we do stock up. An expensive wine for us is £7 but I find the Carrefour table
wine at €1.5 /l OK but beer a bit more fussy about. Usually only have beer a couple of times a week. G&T other days.
Wow vine prices are simmilar here. G&T yum, my wife Loves it

Cheapest wine we can buy here is about 7€ for a 0,7L bottle. :cautious:

• Sad
Our government has a monoply with alcohol. Everything over 5,5% can be sold only in ALKO stores so the prices are naturally high. There has long time been a discussion about setting the alcohol free in shops (like in many other countries) but the politics who also sit it the board of ALKO (getting shares) are against it and basically saying that "everyone will instanly die of alcohol poisoning" if wines etc gets to normal stores. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Just went to help my brother with his groceries and visited ALKO. Wanted to try something new and bought these 3. Total sum over 20€ for 3 bottles of beer. I would laugh if I would not be so pissed off of the prices. :cautious: IMG 20211015 150408

• Wow
Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co
Here in scotland we can only buy alcohol between 10:00 & 22:00. Plus you cannot sell cheap booze or have money off vouchers and there is a minimum price per alcohol unit. This was because the government thought it would improve the image of the Scottish people as being drunks. Apparently that has or no effect at all.

Confused us when we went the US. Some states are 'normal' and some are 'dry' but you can get alcohol from special shops.

Made a pilgrimage to Chouffe, Orval and a few other Belgian breweries a few years back. Most of the beers we got were local IPAs with citra hops. Also got a few stouts - one that is 10.5% and luckily the Mrs doesn't like them. Did look at nipping over to France through the tunnel to stock up but the forms for covid and that just for a day trip are, er, interesting. Not sure how I can get a test in France before coming back when only there for about 4 hours! Also the price for a day trip is about £100 but was often just £20.

Maybe when all this is over we can do it.

Thanks. It is about 32 years old. You obviously didn't zoom in on the grass! Some do have fences but technically the first metre of the grass is a public footpath so we could only fence the bit that slopes which would make cutting the grass even harder. Would like it to be a bit bigger, the Mrs would like a room for a library and I would like a man cave room. Will have to do for now. Maybe when my Mum, er, joins her friends we could get something bigger. Quite fancy moving to Wales, decent cheese and beers from there and loads of castles to visit. 😄

View across the valley.

C470A9F5 ED73 45D5 9138 992BF45D893A

The bird in the picture doesn't look real, looks like its standing on a cloud 😂 😂
Always wondered, how does a west London boy end up in Scotland ?

Thanks. It is about 32 years old. You obviously didn't zoom in on the grass! Some do have fences but technically the first metre of the grass is a public footpath so we could only fence the bit that slopes which would make cutting the grass even harder. Would like it to be a bit bigger, the Mrs would like a room for a library and I would like a man cave room. Will have to do for now. Maybe when my Mum, er, joins her friends we could get something bigger. Quite fancy moving to Wales, decent cheese and beers from there and loads of castles to visit. 😄

View across the valley.

View attachment 14499
32! wow! Its in great condition! HAHA cmon looks nice and uniform, no weeds :) more than enough for my taste :). My old man is also a lawn freak, but man, its like a bloddy rug. Oh I understand about the fence. Cheeeeseee 🤤

Our government has a monoply with alcohol. Everything over 5,5% can be sold only in ALKO stores so the prices are naturally high. There has long time been a discussion about setting the alcohol free in shops (like in many other countries) but the politics who also sit it the board of ALKO (getting shares) are against it and basically saying that "everyone will instanly die of alcohol poisoning" if wines etc gets to normal stores. :rolleyes:
Ahhhh lobbying! The beautiful mix between greedy capitalism and politics 🤤💓

• Haha
  • Yay
Reactions: blugi21 and Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread