Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lovely colours - reminds me of infra red film photos.

Really exciting for me waiting for the Mrs to empty the library (the red building - despite literally having thousand or so of her own books) plus the really exciting weather.

F77D475D 2688 4532 9226 5A0C4FCA23B9

No pic of it yet but we’re getting solar panels and will probably get installation early January. Electricity price (raw power) has gone up significantly and we now pay 10 cents/kWh and will get ~ 12 thousand kWh from the panels per year i.e. 2/3 of our average annual consumption. 15 per cent of the cost is covered by a green tax credit.

We get our heating and warm water from ground-to-water heat pump (a hole drilled down to 110 m depth) which is a significant money saver and of course good for the carbon footprint.

Enough pompous reporting for today…☺️

That offers better protection than a new one.....nothing is going to get past that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WTF car is that ? not behind glove box/under dash !

No pic of it yet but we’re getting solar panels and will probably get installation early January. Electricity price (raw power) has gone up significantly and we now pay 10 cents/kWh and will get ~ 12 thousand kWh from the panels per year i.e. 2/3 of our average annual consumption. 15 per cent of the cost is covered by a green tax credit.

We get our heating and warm water from ground-to-water heat pump (a hole drilled down to 110 m depth) which is a significant money saver and of course good for the carbon footprint.

Enough pompous reporting for today…☺️
about time.

we had done the same 10 years ago :D
only 9000 kwp panels but its more as 3 times we need for the year, rest we get money from our powercompany we sell the rest.

also heating and warmwater from a ground-to-water headpump. we had 2 holes ( 1x82m, 1x95m ) and it is really fine. bost invests are the best you could do for the future.

about time.

we had done the same 10 years ago :D
only 9000 kwp panels but its more as 3 times we need for the year, rest we get money from our powercompany for selling the rest.

also heating and warmwater from a ground-to-water headpump. we got 2 holes ( 1x82m, 1x95m ) and it is really fine. both invests are the best you could do for the future.
we would like to get one, EU is givving financial support for it in our country. We just still dont have funds/have other priorities to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: General_Misery
we would like to get one, EU is givving financial support for it in our country. We just still dont have funds/have other priorities to do.
here it is maybe a bit easier. also getting some "financial support" countrywise but also gettings some good and maybe more or less free credit from our bank. when i remember right, i was paying 185.- € / month for a credit at the solarpanels and getting 225.- / month from our powercompany for "selling" our produced eletricity into the power grid. so after all i made 40.- plus each month plus the use of the electricity we are using for own consumption.

but as you said, this is only a countrybased thing and each country had other baselines for the support.

the other part with the ground-to-water headpump was all in all a much higher invest ( nearly 40k ) because we planed this as we built out house and also included a better house insulation, underfloor heating, energy saving house and other things.

but at the end, we are running our house with around 40.- euro / month costs for ( heating, water, energy )

Only a few properties around here have panels. Not sure there was an incentive before but that might change given the way power prices are going. We are about £80 Electric and £40 for gas per month. Gas is for heating only and electricity is lighting and cooking. Not sure where we could reduce consumption without without sitting in the dark in winter coats and not having any cooked food! 😄

That seat on the left is 1cm tall - had to go for the 5x magnifier!

82310B03 6EA4 4A99 9547 A2147175FF9C 082E5F18 E927 43A9 805D 3B1038EAECBE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread