Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
That is a surprise! Usually with cats it is sod the new item/toy where is the box it came in. That is an impressive structure though. (y)

Reactions: lakaelo
EABD2FF7 F1C1 421F 8182 AEF15B0D6786
Siri, zoom and enhance, zoom and enhance, circle the Wallace monument.

That is about 12 miles away. Plan to get to the top of that (again) at some despite my knees. šŸ˜„

E22272C9 DAAB 482C AB10 A4CE5F8F87E0

I'm seriously starting to think about getting an AC for next summer. Day after day around 30 inside is too much. šŸ„µ
I can only say - do it! One of the best investments weā€™ve done.

We installed one in our biggest and warmest room 2 yrs ago (Iā€™m in fact sitting there now enjoying a cool breeze) and itā€™s superb. We currently have +32 C outside and sunshine but in here itā€™s a pleasant + 23 C. Our two cats and the dog benefits too of course. And perhaps most important for us - we can sleep instead of tossing and turningā€¦

Edit: we also got a number of sun blinds which helps of courseā€¦ šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
Reactions: lakaelo
19Ā° and some clouds here. Quite cold actually :D

I can only say - do it! One of the best investments weā€™ve done.

We installed one in our biggest and warmest room 2 yrs ago (Iā€™m in fact sitting there now enjoying a cool breeze) and itā€™s superb. We currently have +32 C outside and sunshine but in here itā€™s a pleasant + 23 C. Our two cats and the dog benefits too of course. And perhaps most important for us - we can sleep instead of tossing and turningā€¦

Edit: we also got a number of sun blinds which helps of courseā€¦ šŸ˜‰
I live in a rented apartment so cant install any air to air heatpumps (or what they are called in english) etc. I have been thinking something like this:

Everything is sold out at the moment so need to get one during next winter if i want it before summer.

Edit: Cant get the link to work xD
Edit 2: Got it to work. Its in Finnish but youll get the idea ^^

Reactions: General_Misery
I live in a rented apartment so cant install any air to air heatpumps (or what they are called in english) etc. I have been thinking something like this:

Everything is sold out at the moment so need to get one during next winter if i want it before summer.

Edit: Cant get the link to work xD
Edit 2: Got it to work. Its in Finnish but youll get the idea ^^
I don't know if things changed or not but I would say that it really depends on the air outcome. Until I managed to set the outcome to the chimney, I had an outcome to the window same like on the picture and it was such a fukin bullshit (sorry but my memories about it piss me off so much h) the tube did not hold well there in the "hole" between the window and its frame. The "isolation" was connected to the window by a velcro. Nothing of it worked as I imagined so I had to make the whole thing work with lots of my own improvements etc until it worked "just ok" bcs you still have to count with the nose etc.. (but depends on where I the flat situated. But as the whole setup started to be so complicated it took forever to remove it and get it back together if needed.
But Idk, maybe this one would work a lot better than mine. I have an AC in my room but as the air tends to blow away I have to close the door very fast otherwise I lose the colder air from my rooms very fast. So Im turning it on only when the weather becomes intolerable. Until that I have 2 small usb fans above the desk and it is enough

Last edited:
Just ordered a 12m length of copper pipe. That should help - what could possibly go wrong?

back to the future GIF by Turner Classic Movies
Not wanna go over scientific but I will..there is the stupid effect on electromechanics whics @The_Hellr1der can probably better explain then me called the skin effect where large currents of power are fet trough a conductor and it besicsly ignores alle internal resistance and just conducts the upper part of the conductor. Yes I'm fun at parts just not scinmentific onces

Reactions: glenwilson
We have only had one really active thunderstorm in about a year. There was a lot of electrical activity. A small single story butchers shop was hit and it burnt out. Plenty of taller buildings nearby including a church with a spire less than 100m away (just where the right hand edge of the pcture is) and street lights. Nature is weird sometimes and maybe the lightening god is a vegetarian.

A86C1C86 5FBD 42F9 9D86 58C2E1494ABB

I don't know if things changed or not but I would say that it really depends on the air outcome. Until I managed to set the outcome to the chimney, I had an outcome to the window same like on the picture and it was such a fukin bullshit (sorry but my memories about it piss me off so much h) the tube did not hold well there in the "hole" between the window and its frame. The "isolation" was connected to the window by a velcro. Nothing of it worked as I imagined so I had to make the whole thing work with lots of my own improvements etc until it worked "just ok" bcs you still have to count with the nose etc.. (but depends on where I the flat situated. But as the whole setup started to be so complicated it took forever to remove it and get it back together if needed.
But Idk, maybe this one would work a lot better than mine. I have an AC in my room but as the air tends to blow away I have to close the door very fast until I lose the colder air from my rooms very fast. So Im turning it on only when the weather becomes intolerable. Until that I have 2 small usb fans above the desk and it is enough
I have read about people who have had same experiences like you plus these machines tend to be quite noisy. I continue researching and try to find what could be the best way for my situation to make the apartment cooler. (y)

Reactions: StrrawberryA

Users who are viewing this thread