Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Got the new deck boards oiled yesterday and car is in for a service today. The supermarket restaurant is now a Starbucks and has lost all the characters that you used to get.

Seemed to be a DIY weekend in the village. Car covered in sawdust and it wasn't us that caused it.

IMG 0066

Indeed and I’ve bought it in bulk (much much cheaper than the garden centres ”stop-moss” products) :)
The main reasons for the lawn’s appalling condition is a) no fertilizer of any kind for ages (dog eat it = wife unhappy, hence the fence surrounding fed soil) and b) soil is thin and under that gravel and sand i.e. gets dry quickly.

Have started a second patch/phase of lawn refurbishment now. Water bill will be 💰💰💰😄

You have to pay for water? 😳

We would pay for it not to rain here!!

Went to the Discovery again.

IMG 0042

Next door is V&A Dundee. Quite a few galleries but to be honest nothing of interest. I know gift shops can be expensive and when you have museums or galleries that are free admission it is nice to buy something from the gift shop as a 'payment'. Not in that place though. If you wanted a notebook you would expect to pay a little bit of a premium. Not at the V&A, a small A6 notebook on Amazon is about £4 but in the V&A you add on £2 tax for the privilege of buying it there. Then you multiply that by some random number and charge £20. Tacky printed T-shirt. £50.

IMG 0052

Last of the woodwork completed in the garden. Well, almost. There is one small area that needs a surround by the door from the garage. Doesn't get any light there so not much grows. The old decking boards were not in great condition so we salvaged what we could and used them where they wouldn't be seen.

IMG 0096

Some plants were then moved into the new plots.

IMG 0095

Users who are viewing this thread