First Experience With Bf5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I only got to play the Alpha for a few days and missed the beta. To be honest the Alpha looked pretty much like the finished article but, as others described it, a DLC for BF1. So I have been Debating with myself should I buy it. £70 is a lot if it ends up being like BF1 so I joined Origin Access for a month to give it a go. If I like it I will buy it. If not I can just cancel Access.

People are saying it's changed quite a bit since the alpha, and the BF sub on reddit which hated BFV now love it....

People are saying it's changed quite a bit since the alpha, and the BF sub on reddit which hated BFV now love it....
this is not a good sign because of the most "disliker" are the ones who moaned about that is was harder to play and have a killstreak like like in bf1.
but the access thing is a good idea. will do the same and see if i like to play it :D

After the 40+gb download that took about 40 mins I was excited and hit play. I hit play. Then you get the piss off idiot go and download the latest graphic driver first. :mad: Did that and then hit play. You then have an intro sequence which takes a few minutes which you point at stuff and not a lot happens. And then you can play.

No idea what the map was but it has that big bridge. Didn’t look at customisations but just jumped in. Character movement feels slower than BF4 and more like BF2 to me. Thought it had a similar feel to BF1 but is definitely different. Got sniped a couple of times but not in the BF1 how the eff did they do that sort of way. Was actually not bad.

I only played one round so can be far from subjective. It is more of a simulation in a way whereas BF4 is fun to play.

Would I buy it? Not sure yet. Would be nice to have a play with you lot to see if you get the same sort of fun from it.

Hey guys i dont have any rights on the server :( i am back in my hometown since a week or so, i was working in another city for two months

the look and even more the sound is amazing....and some maps are really remember me at some bf2 or bf3 maps.

atm i have to say there is nothing to moan. teams looks mostly balanced and no cheater so far. although its still feels like a bf1 dlc at some points

the look and even more the sound is amazing....and some maps are really remember me at some bf2 or bf3 maps.

atm i have to say there is nothing to moan. teams looks mostly balanced and no cheater so far. although its still feels like a bf1 dlc at some points

Didn’t get much chance to play yesterday as I was hacking the lawn. Had a go at the war stories though. Visually it is very impressive and I was getting an indicated 75fps though the monitor is only 60fps capable. As you say the sound is also pretty good and atmospheric.

Compared to other launches of BF it seems to be going pretty well. Not had any glitches or crashes yet.

Also had a look at character customisation. There are a lot of options for changing character appearance, gender, and race. The only issue I have is that none of the faces are as good looking as we are. :)

At this time I think I may eventually buy it. I still think BF4 will be fun to play though.

Played yesterday and there were only 4 servers in the list. Don’t think I had any filters on.

I like the maps but some do feel very similar to BF1 maps almost to the point of having been tweaked and scenery and objects updated to the 1940s. Not sure I was experiencing all the team work that was promoted in a lot of the promo stuff that was coming out. Also started getting that BF1 feeling with it. Maybe it is my style of play that is OK in BF4 but not suited to BF1/5? Will have another go today and will see.

TDM seems to be a lot like BF1 where the best approach is to lay on a floor and camp for the round rather than being more active.

War stories is interesting and challenging. Even on medium some segments are a challenge and is maybe an indication that my approach is not the best.

Would definitely love to try out BF5 but can't afford it sadly. Being a student sucks :p

OK, played a little more yesterday and it was more enjoyable than I expected but not really near the fun that BF4 is for me. Visually it is pretty impressive and I am getting a consistent indicated fps of about 65. Conquest depends on the maps, some are really nice to play with less variation in terrain but made up for with buildings and foliage.

Though I am getting a decent fps that feels playable there are times when I just don’t see an enemy until it is too late. Maybe that is the consequence of an older monitor (only HD) and PC hardware?

I have captured some game play and will see if I can use some of it to show some ‘normal’ gameplay.

Reactions: lakaelo
Just a brief bit of game play. Frame rate was a bit choppy as it was saving to an HDD rather than the usual SSD I use.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so whats the verdict? Worth my money or waste of time?

Users who are viewing this thread