First Experience With Bf5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Even if you could it wouldn’t be much use to me. An update took over 9 hours to download and install, then just says ‘you have lost connection to the servers’. Didn’t have a connection to lose! BF4 was OK. Deleted Origin and BFV and reinstalled both and get the same result. Can play single player though. (y)

EA’s help page is amazingly helpful. Basically check your cables are plugged in, reboot everything and set admin permissions to files that are not there.

Got through to EA chat and that was OK. Got me to refresh the DNS and stuff which, what a surprise, disconnected me from the chat. That didn’t change anything and I must have seen the f**king intro about a dozen times today. So went to get back to EA support but they have technical issues so will get in touch with them tomorrow.

It may help you, that others have to much work to play.
Also it helps me somehow, you do the betafield, so it might run, when I have enough time for it again ^^

It may help you, that others have to much work to play.
Also it helps me somehow, you do the betafield, so it might run, when I have enough time for it again ^^

I am lucky enough to have retired so can do a day shift on BFV and an afternoon shift on BF4. :)

BF1 and 4 work fine.

serious, youre retired?
damn what an old fart ^^

Yep!

So after spending a lot of time over the last few days with EA folk I am still in the same situation.

• We have refreshed the DNS and other network stuff
  • We then did some disabling of started tasks and did a clean boot.
  • We then deleted some of the BFV files
  • We then checked the profiles and related files
  • We then went to the desperation of unplugging USB devices
  • And have now got a list of stuff to run and get reports from.
Each and every time I start BFV I have to go through the prologue stuff most of which you cannot skip. If you leave it running when you get the Norway landing and come back a bit later all that happens is you find all the other soldiers have been killed and yo still have to carry on!! I even tried getting killed early on to see if that would move on but no. Someone comes along and revives you!!

I did notice that once through the prologue making changes to the game settings isn’t saving them to the profile and I was wondering if that was the problem. Maybe something isn’t getting ticked to say I have completed the intro and that is why it goes back to the very beginning each time?

OK. I could have done the crap that EA suggested and may still have to but decided to nuke BFV. Deleted all the files and folders I could find and also went through the Windows 10 registry too. Downloaded and installed it and now the moment of truth... Also got an email from my ISP saying that I have downloaded 3813GB this year. :Lost count of how much of that will be BFV installs. :D

And that didn't work.

OK. I could have done the crap that EA suggested and may still have to but decided to nuke BFV. Deleted all the files and folders I could find and also went through the Windows 10 registry too. Downloaded and installed it and now the moment of truth... Also got an email from my ISP saying that I have downloaded 3813GB this year. :Lost count of how much of that will be BFV installs. :D

And that didn't work.

bf4 is doing this sabotage at your bf5 :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: glenwilson
So…. After trying all the stuff EA suggest I played through the prologue (again). I think that is about 8 hours playing that now. And got the same result. So contacted them again and after some condescending shit they send me an email to do some stuff that the first contact linked to. I may hev been a bit angry and the guy who used the n word in BF4 may have received some of it. Really don’t like the n word being used, yes I know it is acceptable in music and some cultures but I feel it is unnecessary and inappropriate. That isn’t being an old fart either!

BF1 works fine and uses the same ports as BFV. I have checked all the PC, network settings etc so I feel it is time to escalate this out of principle.

This hould teally be in a different thread but…

Yesterday spent about 3 hours trying different stuffand still no joy with BFV. Actually got passed the tank bit in the prologue doing it literally with my eyes closed. The flying bit is harder to do that way. What is frustrating is that many of the suggested solutions don’t apply. As BF1 uses many of the same ports and settings as BFV that rules out many of the suggested cures. Might just file a bug report.

I was just getting to the point where I thought the only option was to nuke the PC and start again. I though one more try. Uninstalled BFV and the went through the registry looking for 'bfv' 'BFV' and 'Battlefield V' and deleted all references. Then deleted every folder for BFV/Battlefield V. Then reinstalled.
It worked!!!

When the install screwed up last week it must have borked something somewhere and that was causing the problem.

Reactions: Redd Tedd
its working now???

Yep. Without any help from EA too. Had to uninstall BFV, delete every folder I could find - searched all 7 disk to make sure. The went through the windows registry searching for Battlefield and then bfv/BFV and deleted every entry for that too. There were quite a lot of things with bfv in so had to be careful not delete those. That took about 3 hours. Rebooted to make sure I hadn’t borked anything else. Windows still worked so that was a plus. :)

Reinstalled BFV and checked some of the folders and they looked like they should with profile info.

When we got back from London there was a Windows update and a BFV update. BFV took nine hours to download and install. Reinstalling from scratch to about 40 minutes so should have thought that was the problem.

The trouble with EA support is that they don’t seem to read what you say is the problem and what happened. A bit like with doctors, they grab the first possible diagnosis from what you have said and go with that rather than asking any questions and then forming an opinion.

Played a few rounds of BFV yesterday. It is much better than BF1 but has less of those dodgy kills feeling. As someone else said it is more like a war simulation than a game. BFV and BF4 can coexist for me, BFV is for during the day when everyone else in NRU is working or studying and BF4 is for all the other times when yo want to have fun!

Reactions: Witcheri

Users who are viewing this thread