First Experience With Bf5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
never saw so less people from my friendlist playing a new released battlefield. in origin i have normaly 12-15 guys playing the new game and 5-8 playing the old game. past weekend it was totaly different...1-3 playing bf5 and 10-15 playing bf4 lol

sadly there is no statspage like bf4stats.com for bf5 anymore so you could see the real count of player.

maybe its the same like me for other player. played a bit bf5 and feeling "...ok, nice but nothing new..." and back to bf4.

never saw so less people from my friendlist playing a new released battlefield. in origin i have normaly 12-15 guys playing the new game and 5-8 playing the old game. past weekend it was totaly different...1-3 playing bf5 and 10-15 playing bf4 lol

sadly there is no statspage like bf4stats.com for bf5 anymore so you could see the real count of player.

maybe its the same like me for other player. played a bit bf5 and feeling "...ok, nice but nothing new..." and back to bf4.

I have played a bit of BF5. Some rounds are quite good if you are in a decent squad who work together try and revive, resupply and so on. Also depends on the maps too. The mountain top one feels smaller than some and gives you a chance to get flags but some of the others seem too big. The weapons are reasonable too and hopefully as you progress, as in the othr games you get better ones and appropriate upgrades. I like the idea of characters being customiseable including gender and race.

But, if I want to have some fun then BF4 it is. Obviously we have a few more regulars appearing (possibly as some servers/players migrate to BF5) and the majority of players are lvl140 or at least quite high. But the game is still fun. It has something that both BF1 and BF5 lack.

damn was so close to buy it today, just because i am sick of waiting.

against my experience to wait first weeks, because of technical issues, no servers e.g. as allways in the past...
also i wanted to wait on a deluxe with premium bundle, which was much cheaper in past versions, then to preorder now and add vip later.
(not talking about monthly payment, mean with vip: only server waiting list e.g.)

atm I think about to cool down a few beers for tonight and reinstall bf4
to place some "laka-eggs" e.g.
i miss the comments from bf4 like noooooooooooooo or she said...
also a administrated servers to have rules e.g.

hmmmm...
damit wont get a life and get serious, bf was my way to contact the social outside world ^^
beer comments e.g.
also i am a bit on hold, not knowing do i have to/want to by a new grafik card e.g.

damn...

how many members did still buy it ?

damn was so close to buy it today, just because i am sick of waiting.

against my experience to wait first weeks, because of technical issues, no servers e.g. as allways in the past...
also i wanted to wait on a deluxe with premium bundle, which was much cheaper in past versions, then to preorder now and add vip later.
(not talking about monthly payment, mean with vip: only server waiting list e.g.)

atm I think about to cool down a few beers for tonight and reinstall bf4
to place some "laka-eggs" e.g.
i miss the comments from bf4 like noooooooooooooo or she said...
also a administrated servers to have rules e.g.

hmmmm...
damit wont get a life and get serious, bf was my way to contact the social outside world ^^
beer comments e.g.
also i am a bit on hold, not knowing do i have to/want to by a new grafik card e.g.

damn...

how many members did still buy it ?

Lifts and waves hand about! I got Access for a month as I thought I could try it and a few other games. I did cancel straight away though as there just wasn’t enough other games I could be bothered playing. I have purchaed BF5 too as you get a discount if you have access. Doesn’t quite cover the cost of a month but clos(ish).

BF5 must be amongst one of the best launches as I have had few problems, er, none really with the game. Even joining servers has been quite quick compared with BF1. I am guessing that as it probably has BF1 at it’s core a lot of the infrastructure was familiar. With BF3 and BF4 there were new game engines underneaththat csaused issues. Also with BF5 doing the roll out with Access, then Premium and then Standard it has been a more gradual approach rather than turning on the flood gates and getting swamped.

I am running BF5 with a 1050Ti and a 5 year old i5 processor and it works fine. Graphics look particularly good at 1080P and with a decent frame rate. Helps not to have too much else running in the background though. :) if you want 4K then you may need some beefier kit.

I've had chance to play a few rounds of my 10hr trial now.
I've not been in front of the home PC in a couple of weeks. Got a new contract with a local government body that requires me to sit in their office. It's nice to have work after a very quiet summer/ autumn, but it's just a little dull in there.
Anyway. Got chance to play with our old friend JiggaK today so it's nice to join up with a friend.(y)
So far I'm enjoying it more than BF1 (Not saying much), but it still lacks something... or adds something that makes it slightly less fun. I'm not sure if it's the 'realism' factor that makes it so for me. It's beautiful graphically, if you get chance to admire it for a sec. That said, I find myself firing a spray of bullets and rarely hitting anyone. Testament to my skill no doubt , but it makes it a little boring when I get in s fire fight and win about 1in12. I play medic alot cause I like fixing people up, but the guns could just fecking shoot straight and be a little less real in my mind. I don't play to get a feeling of reality, I play to get out of it for a bit, sort it out EA, where'd the fun go? :unsure:

The attrition part isn't a bother. I rarely live long enough to run out of ammo anyway :p

I'm not sure if I'll buy it still. Maybe if more mates get it I'll join in just to play with them, when I get chance.

It's bloody good looking though, it's like a blood spattered piece of art, gory but I still like looking at it.:eek::sick::)

Hmmm, the jury is still out on this one but I may buy it later when the price has dropped. Importantly, my PC is part archaic with a i5 2500K CPU @ 3.5 GHz. GPU is a GTX1060 with 3 Gb. So, I wonder if I can run BFV at reasonable speed/fps with say medium settings?

Edit: checked this out Battlefield 5 Requirements Test and sadly (and as expected) the CPU is the culprit :(

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwilson
Hmmm, the jury is still out on this one but I may buy it later when the price has dropped. Importantly, my PC is part archaic with a i5 2500K CPU @ 3.5 GHz. GPU is a GTX1060 with 3 Gb. So, I wonder if I can run BFV at reasonable speed/fps with say medium settings?

Edit: checked this out Battlefield 5 Requirements Test and sadly (and as expected) the CPU is the culprit :(

Apart from a new cheap graphics card my PC is about 5 years old (I think I list the specs somewhere) and the experience is actually OK. If you can get rid of unwanted tasks and run Win10 in game mode (if it still has it - not looked recently) you may be surprised.

As Redd says the weapons are a bit iffy in V. At my low level the LMG seems to spray bullets that could hit anything on the screen. When you have a 21:9 super widescreen that is quite a spread when pointng forward! It is worth doing the single player stuff as it gives you some practice with the weapons and also gives you time to get used to he game itself. I understand the reasons for the cut scenes but I wish you could skip them easier as it too often takes ages to load even with and SSD.

I have found domination the most fun (ooeer missus) because of the smaller map size and you tend to get less snipers (except for those who like lurking in the swamp). After BF4 the weapons do take a bit of practice and yo need to learn the limits of them and hip firing seems pointless.

Grand Operations can be a bit relentless as a few maps seem to have choke points and it becomes like a 64 player round of locker fighting between C and D. I find the German voicethey use a bit annoying too. I was on the German side but it sounded more like someone taking the piss with a fake German accent.

There was one round where the squad was all NRU but I think because of the map and mode you couldn’t really play as a squad and have fun plus a few were probably still getting used to it and enjoying the view! :) Some maps are stunning visually, the desert castle one is pretty nice.

I played mainly as medic yesterday and found i had most fun playing like 'hacksaw ridge'. I basically ran around, not firing a shot, dodging bullets and nades, throwing med kits and reviving.:angelic:
It turned into quite a little game from my point of view... until with all my quiet sneaking around and not firing I came upon a squad of snipers sat on a rooftop...:whistle:
I then broke my pacifist vow and opened up with my shit spreader gun (the sten)... that gun seems to make a point of not firing one fucking bullet vaguely in the location of your crosshair :confused::(:hungover:

Not sure what EA were thinking...
" hi welcome to BFV, first time?'
"Ermmm.. yeah, I need to get used to the controls and aiming system a bit'
' well you're in luck. We've started you off with a gun that has the effective devastation and accuracy of fucking pillow! Off you pop, have fun!'
'...wait. what do the guys with experience get then?'
'Hahaha, well they get guns that turn into Arnold fucking Schwarzenegger in Commando!'
'Oh... that sounds incredibly fair' (sarcasm)

Last edited:
What exactly does it means you loose all boni e.g. if you want to deinstall BF1 ?
Any weapon skins e.g. for BF V ?
Not really need space on my M6e ^^ but if I dont play it from now on...

And yes just bought BF V, so one gentleman more inside the tbag club online...

So, being a sucker for a sale I've committed my hard earned £32.99 on the standard edition.
Has anybody else fallen through their trap to improve sales?
All I need now is time to play...:whistle:

Not yet. 33% is perhaps a good offer but then again my old 2012 CPU ie intel i52500k is not sufficient :(

i7-4790k on 4,4 GHz, 32 GB Ram ;-] , but still only GTX 970 and i am suprised its fine

First to days was like spawn dead spawn dead.... now its gettin better.
Like it more then BF1, realy enjoyd to play today, after i made some updates (ingame weapons, keyboard settings e.g.)

But question for BF1 is still:

What exactly does it means "you loose all boni e.g. if you want to deinstall BF1 from your harddisk" ?
Any weapon skins e.g. for BF V ?
Because BF1 is really history for me now, for me BFV is great.
(By the way you do not have to play medic to rezz someone now^^)

its cool, do we have a bf5 server yet?

Users who are viewing this thread