First Experience With Bf5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
what do you think abiout the game?

my first thoughts were "looks like bf1 with new aps and new skins" lol , my second thoughts were...."its bf1 with new maps and new skins" lmfao

but nothing special in this, if i remember right i dont liked any new battlefield in alpha or beta. so we will see how the finished game is.

my biggest concern is the fps. actual i cant get over 40 fps in LOW with my radeon RX 480. with 8gb.. WTF. my son is running a gtx 1050ti and is not getting more than 30 fps.

Reactions: General_Misery
In the alpha I was getting about 65fps on high from a 1050ti - that was on Norvik (or whatever it was called) on a full 64 slot server. Even in BF1 recently I have been getting similar fps. May be worth checking if anything is running in the background - Chrome for me can sometimes take 30% of CPU so I tend to shut down all browsers once the game is up and running.

Not tried the beta yet but the alpha did have the feel of BF1. The public alpha was far too polished to be a real alpha anyway and the beta coming so soon after (about weeks?) suggests that too. I cannot see them starting from a blank screen and producing BF5 without carrying over a significant amount of base code and BF5 will inherit some look and feel characteristics as a result. Hopefully will have a chance to try the beta after my hols - anyone know when it ends? The beta that is, not my hols as I already know when that ends. :)

I was getting over 80fps on a 980 ti but seem to be getting micro stutter all the time. I also don't like the visibility, players just seem to blend in with everything. Also the cringy English accents shouting out stuff urgh

I was getting over 80fps on a 980 ti but seem to be getting micro stutter all the time. I also don't like the visibility, players just seem to blend in with everything. Also the cringy English accents shouting out stuff urgh

If you want truly awful English accents (and pronunciation) have listen to The Hunt for Red October on audio book. The “English” accents are laughably bad - even worse than Mary Poppins bad.

Haven't tried it myself but as of what i see now, i have to agree with laka on the "reskinned bf1", However the killing seems to be fast like in bf4 the way i like it, unlike bf1 when it took forever to kill something.

Honestly, with all contreversy to the game, i really hope it would succeed. i enjoy bf4 for being snappy, fast and just the way it is (concidering the awful release bugs)
I'd like bf5 to be good since it's been awhile and we deserve something new and good so a lot of people would play with us, unlike bf1 that i personally don't like, and regret buying since i literally played maybe 10 matches and thats it. Lesson learnt, didn't prepurchase bf5.

Now about graphics. i dunno really, i mean, i have gtx 960 so no idea what to expect with fps and stuff. i understand i'll truly be able to get the most of the game with the RTX 2080 card due to the raytracing and stuff, and i wanted to upgrade for a while, been saving up for a completely new monstrocity around that 5k$ but i think it's a bad idea upgrading that soon since the RTX series is a new thing, i prefer to wait maybe a year or more for nvidia to release a couple more (hopefully better and more stable due to learning and technology curve) gpu's.

Also maybe they will fix a lot of things so the fps will improve.

Reactions: ParisX
I wanna know what's with the sound
the sound is just shit lol with a headset you can have a bit one of sound but even than its shit. sitting in corner and you hear a tank shooting and think "oh there must be a tank nearby"...looking at your right and its just beside you lol

even there "total destroyable surroundings" is exaggerated as always. played rotterdam yesterday and was a bot fooling around with a tank and you can now destroy the facing of the houses. but only the aboe levels. the basement is only showin the same destruction as in bf1 were you can hide in like in bf1. thats so new, we had this in bf3 in seine crossing loool

on the other map natic or how it called you can destroy some wooden houses but as far as i saw there will be always be a some rest also like in bf1.

The public alpha was far too polished to be a real alpha anyway and the beta coming so soon after (about weeks?) suggests that too. I cannot see them starting from a blank screen and producing BF5 without carrying over a significant amount of base code and BF5 will inherit some look and feel characteristics as a result

thats never real alpha´s or beta´s coming from EA. thats the marketing levels for the shows and expos around the world. so you can not say how the game is running for real at the actual point of development. so we have to wait to the end to see how it is for real.

what i like is the spotting. its even harder to spot someone and you don´t get spotted so often. thats hard for vehicles. i hade some time in a jet...no something else but was a plane lol and i saw nothing on the ground. had a few hits but that was more lucky shoots as aiming. but its nice to fight against othe planes.

on the other hand tanks are also in a good balance now. they are really really slow now. even slower as in bf1. still powerfull but now in a good balance. also the ammo is going empty is still fine. you can go to a good spot to shoot but at some point so have to go to a ammo crate to reammo your tank and this is hard and dangerous. so i like this.

possible it was only a short impression but with a look at the ingame leaderboard i havent seen player having a 46:7 killstreak anymore. would be fine also when this is a result of the better balance.

Hopefully will have a chance to try the beta after my hols -
should be end at 10. but i think they will extend it as always....hopefully. :D

To be honest some of the BF1 maps are quite nice - there is even a metro/locker like map. If I didn’t like BF4 as much then BF1 now is a reasonable game. Maybe it is the lack of fun in BF1 that detracts from it. The little easter eggs in BF3/4 were fun to find and still bring a smile. To me 3/4 are like games players would like to make. 1/5 feel similar but almost as though a directorhas taken the script in a different direction. A bit like the Bond films, when Moore became Bond the films were almost spoofs. The change to Brosnan meant more special effects. Craig (who I really dislike as a Bond - would get banned if I explained :) ) is more true to the brand and is what I would like BF to be going forward.

the original BF1 maps were disappointing so maybe BF5 will have a better choice.

I didnt look on the fps counter may look later

my i5 3570k cpu is bottlenecking my pc a "bit" but the game is running perfectly fine with a 1060 with 6gb ram
i had no performance issues but some stuttering in the menu but those seem to be bugs :)

Gameplaywise I think balancing is quite good and you need quite a bit of teamwork for a good game - but still like always nobody gives a shit

Rotterdam map is too vertical for me - too many camping spots

I mean I havent been playing bf1 so i have no comparison issues - I like that you dont get prototype weapon xYz this time but real weapons, why ever they had to implement reflexscopes - just give me GOOD iron sights and some scopes for snipers

I saw some videos of american bf youtubers and i have the felling that those are angry because the ray-tracing demo has been shown in Germany on the Gamescom
They all seem so pissed about such little details that i have the feeling that there is more behind it

Considering I've hardly had time to play at all over the summer I managed to sneak half an hour in today... wished if just booted up BF4 to be honest.

It felt as grim as a game of BF1 for me. Dark, cold and a little too close to an actual field of combat in my mind. People are hard to see, although I got picked off a few times just for poking my head out, much like BF1.

Authenticity is a great idea I guess, less ammo, slower vehicles, harder spotting, etc. But one thing I missed out on was some fun. First time I played BF4 I loved it, even though I was shite at it. Still shite at BF5 but I didn't enjoy the experience anyway.
I guess I'm a Moore bond fan, give me bright lights and gadgets and innuendos. BF5 for me feels like a WWII doc on the History channel.

I think I'll change my vote to a 'no, not buying yet.' :(

Thinking about it, i believe it would be cool if they made bf6 more like bf4 but futuristic, but it's easy to f' up, like COD did...

Reactions: Redd Tedd
Thinking about it, i believe it would be cool if they made bf6 more like bf4 but futuristic, but it's easy to f' up, like COD did...
Totally with you there.
I was really excited when they confirmed WWII as I love that theme personally. Takes me back to BF1942, MOH, and Wolfenstein back in the day, but they were fun.
This feels too narrative heavy, which for me makes it a little depressing, and also slightly tedious. If I wanted a history lesson I'd read a book or watch a documentary, not try and blow my friends up in a virtual world, whilst making quips.
Bring back the fun and give some cool modern guns to have it with... and an rpg, man I love an rpg ;)

Reactions: glenwilson
I think the same applies to BF1 - little fun. You can still play seriously but have fun too. BF1 lacks the fun and I’m guessing BF5 will too.

As the beta ends tomorrow (11th) I am not going to get a chance to try it. :(

Reactions: Redd Tedd
the main point for me in bf5 will be the server admin thing. when we run our own server again we will have fun with bf5 again. that is what we all want because at rondom server you have always a combination of other player who destroying the fun. not talking about the insults but you have the übersoldier who sitting in vehicle / planes the hole day and rule the hole round with a 50:5. that is what we don´t like.

on our own server we can handle it how we like it and the player community can grow in that was who also like the way we like to play and talk ingame.

honestly, the fun in a round is still to kill some mate in a funny way or stalk some mates in a sneaky corner to knife him or something else.
i am already impatient to running and jumping around my teammater who is laying at my feet and is yelling MEEEDIC...to revive him in the last moment :D or give him a big sooory when i missed the last moment for the revive :whistle:

so when the server admin tool is good working already from the release, i think we all can have fun in this game again.

Yes, spending 20 mins crawling around the edge of a map to get to the AA camped ‘just’ outside of their base. Planting some little surprise packages, running past them before booooooom is part of the fun. Why do so many AA drivers never check their near surroundings? I am glad they don’t. :)

I think it's important to call out EA's "game as a live service" model at this point, because essentially what it means for us as the consumers is that our games are now being released as early-access launches without any of the up front honesty of such. We've had many rocky releases, including BF4 being virtually unplayable at launch- but between SWBF2 and the news we're getting for BF5's release, it seems to be getting worse.

For those who haven't heard- a number of key features + modes will not be available for BF5 at launch, despite the extra month of delay they've already given themselves:

Firestorm (the Battle Royale mode) will not be available at launch- and until someone called them out of it recently and they updated the website it looked like people who didn't buy the special edition weren't going to be getting it either. That has been since corrected, but only after EA were called out on it. Development has also been handed off to Criterion, not DICE.
Visual customization for vehicles will not be available at launch despite being one of the headline features from the EA Play reveal event
Co-Op will not be available at launch despite being one of the headline features from the reveal event- it also has had almost all previously available mentions of it ripped from the website. Co-Op missions are now slated to come as part of the "free DLC" waves in the "Tides of War" service. Of which we still have very little information about how that will be handled. We know we're supposed to get content for Greece in WW2 sometime in early 2019, but that's about all we know at this point, with no further roadmap for development.
Wounded soldier dragging- one of the hyped features that was meant to make BF5 more hardcore and to help balance out the new attrition mechanics will not be available at launch, and no timeline has been set out for progress on developing that basic gameplay feature.
Server rentals will not be available at launch for communities who want to host for themselves.
EDIT: Apparently we also won't be expecting any sea vehicles at launch either Personally I would have loved to see some landing craft in the game, imagine BF3 Kharg Island's Rush opening with the RHIB boats storming the beaches, except in the style of Saving Private Ryan. Could have been awesome, but nothing slated for launch.
And just adding this here because it ties into the rest of these, Grand Operations is slated to be available at launch now, but it wasn't originally. The original reveal information stated that Grand Operations was also going to be post-launch content, but the website was only edited after people called EA out on it. Again, another feature that wasn't going to be there until people got pissed and EA back pedaled

All of this is eerily reminiscent of how SWBF2 has been handled, with numerous core features being slated as post launch content followed by very little ongoing support and largely silence from the Devs about what to expect for a development roadmap. I tried going into BF5 with an open mind, and latched onto the awesome info that YouTubers like JackFrags put out after the reveal trying to explain what the game was actually going to be like- and now it seems that most of the big features from the reveal either aren't ready or are extremely watered down. The lack of first party information from DICE and EA, the constant back pedaling and updating of their website's marketing materials changing what info is and isn't true about the game, the horrendous state of the beta, and the number of things slated for post-launch at this point give me 0 confidence in this game. It's a rush job being shoved out the door in time for a holiday 2018 release even though it clearly is not ready, and development is being hobbled by attempts to strongarm mass market friendly features like BR and wacky Fortnite style cosmetics into the game.

At this point between the development information (or lack thereof) that we have received, and the frankly disgusting way that DICE and EA have personally attacked the community for the pushback regarding BF5, my only advice at this point is boycott like we did with SWBF2. Don't buy into their early access rush job, don't give them your pre-order money before they've even released the half finished product, and be very vocal about what you expect from a quality full price release. I've seen EA run too many of my favourite franchises into the dirt in the name of micro-transactions and greed. Don't let them do this to Battlefield too.

I thought BF5 was meant to be a one price for all rather than standard and deluxe. BF1 seemed to take a while before modes and features were added so I am surprised that BFV will be missing features at launch.

Did did not try the BFV beta but from what I’ve seen and read it seems the BF franchise has more and more consoles as the primary customer base i.e. a console game more or less ported to the pc. In addition, it has become more CoD in gaming style with fast paced ”every player for themselves”. Promoting squad play was as I understand something Dice said was a priority but is that the case?

...In addition, it has become more CoD in gaming style with fast paced ”every player for themselves”. Promoting squad play was as I understand something Dice said was a priority but is that the case?
I played a few more rounds of the cityscape one (wherever it is, can't remember), and in fairness those I played with were very squad minded. We all tended to stick together, balance the classes and revives were well used. All of this with next to no comms between, all seemed to be based on experience of BF.
If people played more like that in other versions it would be a much better experience generally.
I played BF1 a while back and saw in chat an exchange between a few people about revives. The crux of the issue was that a player exclaimed that he only revived members of his own clan, no matter who was in his squad. Then more or less everyone else in the game let loose on him. :p
On a side note though, I still found myself not being encouraged to buy yet.

Users who are viewing this thread