Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
It is the weird in between season time. Some of the grass is growing so does need a cut but at the moment in is frozen and yesterday because of the rain it was a soggy mess. We did a lot of work last year so it is mainly maintenance to do though the area under one of the bird feeders will need to be dug up and fixed. Also busy trying to arrange the sale of a few body organs to pay for the fuel to see my mum! 😄

Stug is in primer though!

View attachment 16876View attachment 16877

Looks really cool. I like it :)

Are those Vallejo paints in the bottom left?

I am in the mood for continuing to paint my Warhammer 40k models, although I might have to wait for a month or so until my hand is better. Probably going to post some pictures here, that’s always a good source of motivation :)

Yep, Vallejo. They are great for more detailed stuff like figure but for larger stuff no so. I got a few of their sets as they are a bit cheaper that way than buying individual. They work well on a wet pallette too, remain useable for a long time. Never done anything like 4K but am so jealous of what people can achieve when painting them. Would like to see what you do.

Because I still get some RSI numbness in my right hand I try and paint left handed with the airbrush and for larger areas with a brush.

Seen quite a lot about Army Painter speed paints which maybe worth a look at for Warhammer figures. Quite a lot of YT vids on them.

I have a lot of Tamiya acrylic paints as they are good for large(ish) areas but dry far to quick for brush painting. Plus local shops stock them for about £2 a pot but on Amazon they can be nearly £5!!! Their lacquer paints are great though, especially for airbrushing but nobody local stocks them. Have started getting AK Real Colour paints recently though. These are about £3.50 a pot but you have to thin them (30 paint to 70 thinners) a lot so one pot will cover the Stug whereas it would take about 3 Tamiya pots as they don't need much thinning (80/20).

Also use Posca pens. These are acrylic paint pens and are really useful for small detail parts that just need a dot or small amount of paint. I got a pack of basic colours really cheap, they were 50% off in a sale for £8 (normally £16) and a I had a £5 voucher so they cost £3! Used these for the Stug's radios.

FF842604 D4B4 4F14 B15E 5DEB55A27B39

• Love
Reactions: Riot_co
I used Vallejo paints about 10 years ago, but had some problems with them. In multiple bottles, the pigments sedimented and was really hard to remix the paints. I usually use small steel balls to remix paints if I haven't used them in a longer time, but there was no way to open the Vallejo bottles. Maybe I should give them another try, have only heard good things recently and the bottles are great for dispensing smaller amounts of paint. Currently I am using the Citadel colors from Games Workshop which I have refilled into those smaller bottles. But these paints are so expensive....

Posca Pens sound amazing, should definitely look into these. Painting eyes/lenses/etc. is usually a pain in the ass for me.

Reactions: Riot_co
It´s to dark outside to see/show whole car. But it has rained.
By the way you probably shouldn't use automatic washers or a sponge or a foam brush, you risk scratching the paint with all those micro sand particles

Reactions: dcyper
By the way you probably shouldn't use automatic washers or a sponge or a foam brush, you risk scratching the paint with all those micro sand particles
Yeah, better use a high pressure Kärcher

Reactions: Ch8nge
What is this "car washing" you are talking about?
200.gif

So, wife nagging like F, that a few bits of grass have actually grown. Plus the average date for starting to mow the lawn is 18th March, so being Mr Average I stepped forward, dusted off the mower and put in a kidney's worth of petrol. Adjust the cut height as ALL the books say just give it a light trim as it can hurt the grass. Even the internet agrees that that you just give it a little bit off the top at this time of year. So that is what I did. The taller tufty bits got about 25mm off and the rest was left in peace. It actually looked OK considering the time of year.

So, next thing I hear is the trimmer thing running. OK, she must be doing the edges. Goes and looks and anything longer than about 1mm was getting trimmed. "I am only doing the edges". You couldn't actually get any further from any edge of the lawn than where she was using the thing!!

I am not a gardener. I actively hate gardening. But I do read the books on what to do and when. 🤬 Too angry to take a photo!

So here is some gratuitous slow-mo(w) airbrushing from yesterday! 😆

View attachment trim.AFDE8D4B-5A7E-40AF-8625-920542B1B7CA.MOV

Spring flowers are on full swing here. its time for pretty flowers and lots of work to get it ready for Spring. Our peach flowered and is still folding against weak frost jere amd there, go peach! Ill photograph others when its warmer outside, plants might be ok with plus two, but this cock aint ;)
IMG 20220320 055214

So, wife nagging like F, that a few bits of grass have actually grown. Plus the average date for starting to mow the lawn is 18th March, so being Mr Average I stepped forward, dusted off the mower and put in a kidney's worth of petrol. Adjust the cut height as ALL the books say just give it a light trim as it can hurt the grass. Even the internet agrees that that you just give it a little bit off the top at this time of year. So that is what I did. The taller tufty bits got about 25mm off and the rest was left in peace. It actually looked OK considering the time of year.

So, next thing I hear is the trimmer thing running. OK, she must be doing the edges. Goes and looks and anything longer than about 1mm was getting trimmed. "I am only doing the edges". You couldn't actually get any further from any edge of the lawn than where she was using the thing!!

I am not a gardener. I actively hate gardening. But I do read the books on what to do and when. 🤬 Too angry to take a photo!

So here is some gratuitous slow-mo(w) airbrushing from yesterday! 😆

View attachment 16902
Oh Glen, i know your struggle. I once thought we are born with only two voices our own and that little critic in our head. Now i know, there is only on voice allowed- wifes. :LOL: I still didnt cut the lawn, its same as with you, tufts here and there in the sunny corners, but most of grass is still just chilling, so i wait still. I might go with airing the lawn before first cut because its really old and some other technical issues to be done (leveling some parts and seeding new grass). I like gardening (to my suprise) and spent much time in our garden already, and it is a joy to see the little plant flourish and grow and to know had some part in it. We all have something that fulfills us, our desires and longings.

When my significant other is having a bad day, she is practically the same, no matter what you do, or how you do it. She will find that one little piece of house or outside that is poop and will throw it in my face. I learnedthat contet or current thing is usually insignificant, but at that second to her it doesnt matter, in core she is seeking conflict, like i do sometimes, and beeing that we see EACHOTHER mostly only during the day its normal to be the frontline for outspills like that. And its no easy ride, I deflect conflict or cut it if inevitable, then make separation and give her time to calm down. I rehash everything in my head and indentify possible root of isuue, then i talk to her when she calm about it. usually it works for her to calm donw, but at that moment man, she coul bite heads
I hope you fell better, and that she feels a bit better, and i hope lawn didnt suffer too much under her trimmer.
:)

Having complied with the grass cutting command we have progressed to the 'are you ever going to cut your hair again?' phase. Just as I was thinking of going for a mid-life crisis Robert Plant look. The upside of that is that I need to make it to 126 years to be correct. 😁
thats usually how mine starts first :X3::) I think they just want us to lookb our best for them <3 But i like my hair like my coffe, wild and untaimed so its always a discussion and preparation to go to barber hahah

I have the sort of hair that is always curly. Have been to expensive hair places to get it styled but that was just a waste of money and time. Did have it quite long for a while and just got fed up with it so at lunchtime just had the whole lot shaved off and then went back to work! Just do it myself now.

Yesterday... (wait till the end)

View attachment trim.1CEF976C-9138-46B6-9747-202B8CEDE69E.MOV

Users who are viewing this thread