Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
What are

What are the sails made of?

An old pillow case of just the right colour and used the included plastic ones as a template! Some watered down PVA glue brushed on the open sails to slightly stiffen them. The rolled up ones were just smaller strips.

About -1°C but feels about -5 here in London but bright and sunny. Nice being woken by jets going into Heathrow at about 05:00! Nice to see my Mum for the first time since March last year and only took her 2.5 hours before she was moaning about how many people of colour and gays were on TV! I silently hit the ban button and ignored her whilst silently wishing there was a mute button. 😁

Drive down wasn't too bad. Surprised by how much snow there was about.
Have a list of stuff we have to do so will be a 'fun' week.

41E296D6 04D3 4752 B9F6 CD30E8687419

Why can't I find any belgian beer in Germany?? Sorry germans, it's not about the taste but there's a limit of how much german cold ones I can drink🤣 I need my belgian friends and my beloved Pastis

I wish I could buy a pack of Chouffe but they're only sold by the bottle in France🥲 (which makes it expensive as hell)
Screenshot 20211128 185934 Gallery

Quick trip up through Luxemburg and you can stock up with more! They should have the winter one in too!
Ohhhh yes it's so cheap there!! Next time I visit some friends near Luxembourg I'll stock up (and of course fill the car's tank lol)

I once had an American colleague who visited the European HQ in Brussels for the first time. After the long and tiring flight he felt thirsty and ordered ”a local beer” at the hotel bar. ”Great beer” he thought and so he ordered some more of the same stuff which he downed rapidly. He then needed assistance by two sober colleagues to reach his hotel room 😆

The beer? Duvel (which I like but drink in moderation and slowly).

Actually have time to go out today as I think we have finally completed the list of things my mum wanted done. Have a few things she wants rid of including her old Dell PC. Might see if it is worth add an SSD to speed it up as it takes about 10 minutes to boot! If nothing else the screen might be useful as a second one.

Got a few minutes to have a go at an Airfix starter kit going back to basics. Kitchen table, no fancy glues, just a simple sander and a brush for painting using the paints in the kits thinned with water - as it used to be when I was about 8yrs! Will be fun hand painting the cammo scheme.

FD106CF1 06CC 4647 819E 94E69B3B412A

Robin's seem to come up to people more than other birds

View attachment 15237
true
chicken rotisserie GIF

Users who are viewing this thread