Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Do like watching birds in the garden. We have had a great spotted woodpecker in our garden but not for a few years now. The green woodpecker doesn't seem to be in or area in central scotland - just seems to avoid us!

Reactions: dcyper
OK, some of the "Black Friday" haul. These were all at very good prices. Aldi were still doing the Airfix kits which are easy and fun to do if you want something easy to do. Needed the Revell HMS Victory for a kit bashing competition build next year. Have wanted a Lanc for sometime but wasn't sure which one. There are a couple of new ones coming out - one is £400+ and another is £700 but this one was £21. The Spit I have done before when I restarted making models and want to do another one and hopefully better. The Harrier was not on offer but just fancied it - I think when the box says 50 year anniversary they mean the kit not the plane as that, the kit, is 50 years old. Has raised panel lines so the plan is to get rid of them and rescribe and re-rivet it plus detail the engine and cockpit. Don't know why but that box is literally twice the size it needs to be and would fit in either the Spit or Lanc boxes!

We are visiting my Mum tomorrow for a week. First time since March last year for obvious reasons. Sort of looking forward to it but also not. We don't have plans on going out when down there despite being triple jabbed. Guessing there will a few quiet days too despite biting my tongue and trying to ignore her racist comments. So no BF for a week 😟

798513C0 FDE4 455F 96DF 6191ED1141AB

I have the Cutty Sark and Mary Rose in the Airfix stash so might use one of those and add wings and rocket pods and stuff to it for the competition. But that isn't until July next year so should have some spare bits to use.

I did the Bounty a while back and was pleased with how that turned out for a first attempt. I know the rigging isn't accurate but isn't too bad.

0F02E1C5 D58C 4311 BED2 CE6CACCBED96

What are
I have the Cutty Sark and Mary Rose in the Airfix stash so might use one of those and add wings and rocket pods and stuff to it for the competition. But that isn't until July next year so should have some spare bits to use.

I did the Bounty a while back and was pleased with how that turned out for a first attempt. I know the rigging isn't accurate but isn't too bad.

View attachment 15175
What are the sails made of?

Users who are viewing this thread