Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
We are off to Aviemore for the day on Thursday. There happens to be a small brewery thee too that we may visit. Today's weather forecast looks like that predicted for the rest of the week. Guess I won't be wearing T-shirt and shorts.
I was on a stag do in Aviemore in February last year before all the lockdown madness. I'm sure we did visit the brewery but I'd be lying if I said I remember any of that weekend clearly.🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺

We had a massive thunder storm yesterday evening. Loads of lightning so I set a camera up to capture some of it with a long exposure.After 5 minutes nothing. But just to the right there was loads. Moved camera. There was loads, if I had left the camera where it was. So I thought if I move it back I will miss it again. Nope, should have moved it! 🤣
Thought the storm had moved off so literally took down the camera and then the hills on the other side of the valley were silhouetted by the lightning on the other side. 😠

Just a pic from an evening walk (between rain showers) with wife and doggie 🙂 Somewhere on the bottom of this creek is my driving license which I lost here last summer - pulling up my mobile for a photo op the damn thing was stuck to the back of the mobile and then decided to dive in to the murky waters. My heroic (laughable according to wife) attempts to find it were futile 😁

2F2226E6 69E1 40C6 8106 52FA7BC7DFFA

Last edited:
Did buy some additional stock yesterday.

2C9FAAE8 B736 4279 8E97 266416974886 46BD92BA 851B 4EC3 B271 8F0A3D31674D

Update: these bottles cost £1.99. On the way back home there was a place that sells clothes and stuff for the local Laird ( or very well off tourists). They had the same beer for £3 in the food and drink shop. Some of the food bits looked nice but the prices were eye wateringly expensive - and would make Fortnum and Mason look like a discount shop. Gins that cost £25 elsewhere were £40, small jar of mustard £4. Explains why nobody was buying anything but the lavs were busy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread