Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Airplane taking off: 120dB
Daughter finding this in her room (transported there by caring father): 150 dB

PS Only joking, I’m not that cruel - to daughter or spider 😁
That for me would be "I have to find it or I will never sleep again" or
i tried GIF

Why is the pic so streached on my phone wtf xD
Cos people use the insert full image button and it's too big so I set a max width and height and it can cause it's to be squished. If you choose insert thumbnail it'll be better

Reactions: michjan2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-095256_Samsung Health.jpg
    Screenshot_20210802-095256_Samsung Health.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210802_091022.jpg
    20210802_091022.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Looked at the first image and thought you had just stuck your fitbit type device to the robot mower! 😁
Getting the "grass looks long" comments so guess what I will be doing later? Also have tickets for a castle visit on Thursday, it is quite pleasant weather at the moment, so for bonus points guess what the weather forecast is for Thursday.

My current view of the Clyde river from Dumbarton Castle. The bit at the bottom anyway. Didn’t read the description properly and there are 500+ steps up to the top.

View attachment 13325View attachment 13326
are you always driving a lot or are your castles so close together :D

Nice castles in britian btw. Where I tend to go in Germany there are only ruins

We have quite a few within 60km of us. Despite living up here for about 35 years now there are some local ones we haven't visited. Historic Scotland look after many of the ruined ones and there are still many that are privately owned by clan families (especially further north). Seems like there have been about 2-3,000 over the years. Today's one has been a fortified location for over 1,000 years and was a proposed holding place for Napoleon. The canons around the place were made just down the road from us. The actual castle is on top of the rock.

Wales also has a lot of castles ranging from ruins to well preserved examples. In England and Wales they roughly about 45km apart ( Tower of London to Windsor castle is that distance). Some castles when ransacked were often partially dismantled so the stone could be used for local buildings. Same happened to the monasteries when they were dissolved by Henry VIII

822D5B4E 620F 4013 988D 40E0BFCBCF78

Small pier just close to were we live built in 1899 by a stonemason and later ”upgraded” with concrete etc. It was intended as a shipping pier for a quarry a couple of km away (active until 1965) but the bay became too shallow so it was never used for that purpose. The quarry exported stone to a number of global customers e.g. a presidential monument in Washington DC. One of the closed quarries has now become a wake park.

62169597 2B46 4CF6 8A39 1984B1D753B2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread