[Event] Special sunday on our server

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
The swapnuke event every 5 minutes is a very good idea! (if you want to kill the server) ;) Indeed we cannot "setup" such an event without abusing the power of this command and making all the players leaving. Imagine a 50 minutes round, so there will be 10 swapnukes during a single round and this every round? Nah, we will all be lost and bored of it.

But I am always in for some infantry event :)

Haha, yeah it wasn’t meant as a serious proposal. We joked about it in the Discord yesterday so I thought I include a really bad alternative to make the other proposal look better ;)

Reactions: Scoot
Haha, yeah it wasn’t meant as a serious proposal. We joked about it in the Discord yesterday so I thought I include a really bad alternative to make the other proposal look better ;)

Oh I immediately feel better now xD

Well then for your other idea, switching between infantry or vehicule only every week is something fair, but I personally can't imagine myself playing on a special only vehicules event :D

What about switching between infantry only and infantry only every week :LOL:

Reactions: Scoot and Akhara
why not make infantry only on the other hand, for the map of the dlc Navel Strike, I find that the majority of the flags are mainly captured/defended by the boats and even if there are a lot of soldiers on a flag, if a boat comes along it can kill them all quickly

I suggested in chat yesterday that we have a "Correct spelling and grammar in chat Special Sunday" after someone commented on someone's spelling. Pretty sure there must be a universal translator plug-in that includes spelling and grammar checking for all languages.

No use of comma or punctuation = warning
Spelling error = kick
Multiple infringements = Tban
Using LEGOS as a plural of LEGO = an immediate ban, ceremonial removal of any NRU status, court martial, hanging, drawing and quartering. Happy to negotiate on the hanging.

Reactions: Scoot and Akhara
I suggested in chat yesterday that we have a "Correct spelling and grammar in chat Special Sunday" after someone commented on someone's spelling. Pretty sure there must be a universal translator plug-in that includes spelling and grammar checking for all languages.

No use of comma or punctuation = warning
Spelling error = kick
Multiple infringements = Tban
Using LEGOS as a plural of LEGO = an immediate ban, ceremonial removal of any NRU status, court martial, hanging, drawing and quartering. Happy to negotiate on the hanging.
Well can I ban myself hereby then immediately ;)

@glenwilson , is that a secret message you want all new cocks out :p?

• Love
Reactions: glenwilson
Me too. Well, not the LEGO ban but amuses me when I see someone type "English only in chat please" and look at my typing (obviously because it is a cheap keyboard) and spelling in chat. 🤓

The swapnuke event would be crazy, but interesting :LOL: It's sad that it would have a bad impact on server population.

Absolutely. I am in awe of the people who are able to speak/type so well in English and am utterly embarrassed that my attempts to recently learn French and German have been dismal. Have learn't enough to speak it in shops and the like but not to have a proper conversation. I wish my school had spent a little time to get us speaking practical French rather than concentrating on repetitive grammar exercises. I would never make fun or comment on anyone's use of English. I try and make sure anything I type is correct only because I like to do that and turning off autocorrect really helps. I really do admire and am jealous of anyone who has two laguages.

Tried a few different apps for languages but I feel that I just suck at learning. Do make sure that before we go into a shop or restaurant that I know basic phrases though. My dad was of the embarrassing click your fingers and speak LOUDER AS THAT WILL MAKE SOMEONE MIRACULOUSLY understand English. That worked well when he wanted 3 oranges but ended up with 3kg of them. We were OK for vitamin C for quite a while!

I opted for French as a language in my secondary school but alas it only lasted 1 day.
French teacher left the classroom unattended so I decided to make water bombs and drop them out of the window. Directly under the window were 6 steps to a doorway, so Im there timing the drop on an unsuspecting
boy coming up the stairs when he suddenly stops and the French teacher walks out 🥵, hitting the side of his head and shoulder. When he came back up, he didn't have to ask as everybody was sitting there pointing at me.
And that was the end of my French 😂😂😂

Lol Riz the bad boy, not really a surprise xD

From water bombs to mortar shells: here is the story behind the Legend :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoot
Swap nuke would be so funny. Image it, you startagy has to change complete you want to win so you have account for the saapnuke not sure if you try to cap all the flags or leave them because the swap is coming

Reactions: We4re0ne
the perfect strategy :
wait almost the end of the game, if there is more than 5 minutes left and you are in the losing team, you wait, anyway you will pass to the winning team soon
If you are in the winning team, do !assist so you are in the losing team, the teams are changed and boom you win

for me it's a very bad idea
when you make a simple nuke, many players say :mimimi:, then if there is a regular swap nuke I dare not even imagine

Absolutely. I am in awe of the people who are able to speak/type so well in English and am utterly embarrassed that my attempts to recently learn French and German have been dismal. Have learn't enough to speak it in shops and the like but not to have a proper conversation. I wish my school had spent a little time to get us speaking practical French rather than concentrating on repetitive grammar exercises. I would never make fun or comment on anyone's use of English. I try and make sure anything I type is correct only because I like to do that and turning off autocorrect really helps. I really do admire and am jealous of anyone who has two laguages.

Tried a few different apps for languages but I feel that I just suck at learning. Do make sure that before we go into a shop or restaurant that I know basic phrases though. My dad was of the embarrassing click your fingers and speak LOUDER AS THAT WILL MAKE SOMEONE MIRACULOUSLY understand English. That worked well when he wanted 3 oranges but ended up with 3kg of them. We were OK for vitamin C for quite a while!
To beginners having two languages doesn't really help that much.

For me being able to speak English with any real thought makes it really easy to communicate with people not from the Netherlands. But besides English you basically don't have to know any, since its basically the language everyone speaks (at least a little bit)

Although I went to France once in a people where tourism was basically non existent and me trying to speak English really did help because they couldn't understand me. Lucky I have my girlfriend who could speak a bit of France because I would have been lost there :D

Reactions: Body Bag
To beginners having two languages doesn't really help that much.

For me being able to speak English with any real thought makes it really easy to communicate with people not from the Netherlands. But besides English you basically don't have to know any, since its basically the language everyone speaks (at least a little bit)

Although I went to France once in a people where tourism was basically non existent and me trying to speak English really did help because they couldn't understand me. Lucky I have my girlfriend who could speak a bit of France because I would have been lost there :D
Ask @We4re0ne , the only word you need to know in French is "merde!" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: We4re0ne
I used to go to France every year in May/June to fish and always got by with my limited French.
Oui, non, mercy, pan, vin, brioche and Guinness biere, voila thats all you need, oh and not forgetting peche and Im fluent 😂 😂

Of course some game modes we come up with are of limmit because they hurt the server. But I would love to play such game modes like the swap nuke or any other mini game we can come up with that need everyplayer to obey the rules. So if you guys like we can plan such event. I would love to rent a server so we can play such an event as a clan together.

But such event needs some coordination so if you guys would like this (just a random event where we try different thing on the server. Imagine hide and seek game or any random idea we can come up with that need everyplayer to follow the rules) I would love that.

We can use a date planner so we can find a date were we (NRU family + some close friends) can play on such a server for a day and have some fun.

This is not ment to be another server we play on just a one day event where we can mess around and have some fun together.

If you would like this I would love to make this happen

Think about X v X domination tournament between nru players. Messing around with random setting and game changes that make the game weird or funny. Which we cannot do on our official server.

Since we're all from different parts of the world a real meet up would never be really possible but we can do a NRU family event like this. Which I think would be really fun!

So going back to topic here: Is "Infantry heavy sunday" okay for tomorrow? What about the map rotation I proposed? Any objections there? :)

Users who are viewing this thread