Sourdough Part 17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Those croissants look good. Looks like a similar method to how the Mrs makes pastry for sausage rolls. She puts it in the freezer for about 30 minutes between rolling.

Brötchen looks like the equivalent of our Morning Rolls or a crusty roll except our are not sourdough.

I have been doing sourdough bread about once a week. I have found keeping a small amount in the fridge and then giving it about 3 feeds before using it works well. Mixture of rye, and other flour depending on what we fancy. Have also added olives for a, surprisingly, an olive bread!

Reactions: Steffos666
Thank you :love:
Photo 5210811897723602861 y

I only baked 12 of them because well they get soft really fast ;)

happens the oven light was too hot in the top for letting the dough rise and all the butter melted and has flown away. Well still turned out nice only very heavy because when baking the butter soaked back in :D

now the nerd stuff: keeping sour dough "anstellgut"(or starter) and feed it seperateley really is the way. Normally I feed only once before baking when I bake every week. It is really not worth it to start a sour dough every time because you have to throw away a lot of wheat depending on how you do it.

And some times i kept the starter 4 weeks in the fridge and feed it 4 times afterwards and it was like new :D its like yogurt you really have to get something dirty into it to spoil it quickly

I try to keep my rye sour dough and take some of it and feed it with wheat for stuff like the crossaints.

Was made with lievito madre and that stuff is almost bubbling like yeast but has more flavour :)

the out take nobody should see :D:
Photo 5210811897723602863 y

Reactions: lakaelo
I only baked 12 of them because well they get soft really fast -> rest is in the fridge unbaked I am looking forward to try baking those should be no problem but who knows :D

They do look nice though and worth the effort.

Same happens when the Mrs bakes the sausages rolls with a similar flaky pastry, there is a lot of "butter" on the tray. She actually uses a margarine for that instead of better but works and tastes the same with the sausage rolls as you get a lot of fat from the meat.

Reactions: Steffos666

Users who are viewing this thread