New BF4 server functions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Loeft1

Loeft1

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
Alright Ladies and Gents

To try and get our BF4 server a bit more populated i have added a few new Procon (admin control) features.

First is one that doesn't really effect people, Automatic Round Restart, but now when the server becomes empty (0 players) it will automatically go to the first map in rotation again.
Who cares and why will this help you say :tbag: Well by adding "smaller" and more infantry based maps to the start of rotation this should hopefully help get and keep people on the server while it fills up.

For now I made the first maps: Guilin Peak, Operation Locker, Zavod 311 and Flood Zone
I took those because I feel they might attract people (me) to join.

Second I added is "VoteMap". This will give the players on the server a chance to choose the next map. Hopefully halfway through the current round the server will show a (yell) massage to the players to make a choice from 1 of 6 random maps (in the map rotation) as their vote for the next map. Currently I set a min of 3 votes for 1 map for the vote to go through but this can be adjusted later, otherwise it will continue to follow the map rotation.
Again the goal is to keep people on the server as they control what map they play...

Now the future is even more complex because as soon a I receive it I will install: "The Ultimate Map Manager"
What this enables us to do is make the map list and type completely controllable depending on the number of players on the server. So this will make it possible to make the server run TDM maps from 0 to 20 players and then switch over to Conquest maps, or if the server is full add a few Rush maps to the rotation. From the description it would even be possible to set certain types of maps/rotations to days of the week and times of day. With the change of the rotations and maps it should even be possible to adjust the server "name"/description to match what we are running.

All these things have been done to try and more people to come to our server and enjoy the NRU ways, once they find our servers nice a lot will come back once they see it running, this means we as admins will have to make an effort too and try and welcome as many new players as possible.

Let me know what you think and if you have more suggestions

Good work loeft.I think u should add the map vote to the server name aka noobs r us 800 ticket map vote conquest or something catchy like that.I

only a thought :D better start with locker? guilin peaks?

dont know how average player thinks but with little amount of players locker works best i think :D

come to our server and enjoy the NRU ways

For you will see the light and preach the good word of the NRU
Don't not be deceived by the devil and play else where, for this you will be a sinner
Be Good be vigilant behave

For I have seen the light and it's good its righteous brothers join with me and we shall grow from strength to strength
Peace be with you all

Many thanks Loeft1 sounds great :thanks:

Last edited:
If server is fucked soon im sure it's Loefts fault hihihiii! :joker: Thanks i appreciate all time and work you give to make server better. :)

wow.

what a plan.

thx, aphex twin :)

when i try to start the server, the best start-maps were metro, locker and as sick as it sounds gulf of oman.
but my favourite map today is still guilin peaks. so i like your choice pretty much, loeft1...with one exception: Flood zone is pretty liked by the average player i think.
but let's give it a try in the start up maps.

the last weeks i tried to start the server by running through the map ration with @nextlevel commands until i reached locker, metro or oman.
but these days are over now :)

(let's hope that dice will fix that bl browser plug-in.
had lot's of problem last days. origin said my account is in use by another computer or...
nru server is not there anymore.
or it kicked me from nru server because of ea error (1)... and things like that.)

gj mate sounds like good solid changes. :thanks:

hopefully the crowd that joins for the inf maps will stick around for the vehicle maps

well done loeft, finally some sense prevails.... as i said previously our map selection will kill the server. You gotta give the kids what they want man or they not gonna come back.

That is a good use of automation in my view. Also slipping different modes into the mix is a good idea too. I'm father partial to TDM especially if I only have half an hour or so to kill (sorry) though the server sometimes feels like a TDM when NRU folk join around 17:30 and concentrate on one flag!

Some other servers limit the number of snipers and weapons (explosives for example) which may be of interest if we were able to get additional servers in the future. They must work by detecting a kill my a certain weapon or class of weapon and then killing/kicking as appropriate. As with any change a slower start to build up confidence is a good move.

I think one significant reason players players didn't come back to our server was (still is?) the frequent crashes, it seems to be better now. Another problem was the surprisingly high ping most players got sometimes. In the chat many players wrote that they would never come back if it continued to be as unstable as it was. Slightly renaming the server as some have suggested would perhaps show people that we've worked with various improvements on the server?

could the heeds possibly look at the aggressive team balancer, not just the moaners last night but i've seen quite a few people moan about it previously. maybe don't switch members with clan tags or something? i think it generally is a case of moaning when they're switched when playing with friends

could the heeds possibly look at the aggressive team balancer, not just the moaners last night but i've seen quite a few people moan about it previously. maybe don't switch members with clan tags or something? i think it generally is a case of moaning when they're switched when playing with friends

i change the setting in that case that player with the same clantags will not switch. i wanted do this yesterday but not with that whining cock playing so i let it stay how it was lol was my evil site lmao

honestly we have a eye on that setting if this will not bring to much unbalancing because some skilled clan player can unbalancing the hole game. but we will see.

EDIT: i switched it to the light version that player with the same tags in SQUAD will not switch anymore. if this will not help we can change it that player with same tag in TEAM will not swap. but i think the team setting will be a bit over the top, or not?

Subtle changes approach is better than wholesale radical changes. Won't alienate folks from something they like (may even improve the experience) and may also attract folk back who have never been to the server before to return.

<3 worked fantastic yesterday ? i came online at 9:30pm (8:30 for english cocks)

and ther server was online with 32 players :D die rampage with my pdw till they all cried ;)

Off topic
Ive only just realised that when a friend joins on you it kicks you from your current squad makes a new one and then makes it private I mean WTF
This has happened a few times now and ive never realised what was happening

Ok moan over with now I will fuck off

Bye!

Alright lads, the new Ultimate Map Manager is up!!!
This means that atm the server will start running TDM maps from 0 to 20 players.
Once it hits 20 players it will finish the round and then switch to the Conquest Large list.
Now all lists still have the vote map option so the rotation itself is not set (unless no vote is completed then it runs the list down).
If the server drops below 20 players it will again after the round finish switch back to TDM. If the server drops below 6 (bad running round or baserape or what ever) the map will switch immediately back to TDM.
Now nothing is set in stone but to keep things managable I would like to start off with just 2 lists, Conquest and TDM. Later we can think about adding other modes and lists even for certain days... say add some Rush in the weekend for instance.
But for now lets see if this works.

List:
Map list BF4 1

Off topic
Ive only just realised that when a friend joins on you it kicks you from your current squad makes a new one and then makes it private I mean WTF
This has happened a few times now and ive never realised what was happening

Ok moan over with now I will fuck off

Bye!

heeeds is there anything to stop this ????

Dont join the server via friendlist :D go directly on the serverpage and click join there seems to stop this :D

But there must be a different solution! ?

isnt 20 a bit hight ???

i mean i like the idea but to me it sounds like we get a nearly only TDM server here ^^

Dont know :D we can test it but for me it sound like 90% of the round will be tdm in the future

Users who are viewing this thread