New BF4 server functions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
As a test I'll make it switch on 8 players... 11 on now though so we should see it work...

Edit: The switch is working at least cocks... saw it go from 4 people to 12 in 15 minutes so something must have been working ;-)

Alright, so I saw in ingame chat that TDM is getting a lot of flak so I now set it to INFANTRY only maps for the start...
Still 1 TDM map to start things off but after that it should go to small conquest infantry only
Will post new map list tomorrow
Still give me the feedback so we can work on finding a workable solution...
I think we can make the votemap show map type too (conquest small/TDM) so we can make a mixed "startup" list...

That small conquest with infantry only is damn good idea, i like it. :) At least until camping snipers and LMG with bipod noobs makes me annoyed. There was reason why A T S have that No snipers and LMG:s rules forced with autoadmin. Think for example Zavod when smart arses goes to top roof, locks hatch and camps there with snipers and LMG:s.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good thing. :p And big thanks to Loeft for all time spent and work done for making server better and popular. :)

yeah. thx boss for investing so much time on nru family.
hope i can play without that fucking origin errors i mentioned in my new threat in the near future to test the new server settings more tham this afternoon.

Re: AW: New BF4 server functions

Indeed, thanks to Loeft. :)

Another thing: I believe servers with frequent presence of admins doing a good job helps to increase popularity. At least that's how I think when choosing to play on non-NRU servers.

6 is still a lot Mini... So far I only saw 2 per team in console... and once you have a slot you keep it till you kill with different gun or hand gun...

Soz 6 per team !

Though it was 6 total for the server

6 total out of a 32 man side is very fair. Thanks for that, some servers are like 2 per team and that is pretty shite to be honest

If you assumed an equal distribution of 4 kits out of a 32 man team then you'd be looking at 8 recons total like wise 8 assault, 8 engie etc...I know some maps are gonna favour more assaults and some are going to favour more engies !

Anywhoo TD : DR; 6 recons per team sounds fair :)

Well Metro was just voted on and it killed the server within 3 minutes...

@mini, its not just for recon though, DMR too but we can always adjust...

not to change things to much but hardcore with friendly fire off is pretty fun :D

and once you have a slot you keep it till you kill with different gun or hand gun...
yeah i was playing sniper and jumped in a tank and a message popped up on the screen saying i'd given up my sniper slot, so if i was the 6th sniper would it kill me when i got out the tank and tried to snipe someone? i don't fully understand how this plugin is working but i really hope that isn't the case, if i'm the recon class then i don't want to give it up because i fancy a quick blast in a vehicle

and once you have a slot you keep it till you kill with different gun or hand gun...
yeah i was playing sniper and jumped in a tank and a message popped up on the screen saying i'd given up my sniper slot, so if i was the 6th sniper would it kill me when i got out the tank and tried to snipe someone? i don't fully understand how this plugin is working but i really hope that isn't the case, if i'm the recon class then i don't want to give it up because i fancy a quick blast in a vehicle

Well that how it works though, and to be fair you can't blame the program for that... It can't tell if you are going to sit in a tank the rest of the round camping (or your just really good) or if your going to jump out after 1 kill... If no other sniper makes a kill in the mean time and you do after your tank kil then the slot will be yours again...
The only real downfall I think is the fact that you lose your slot if you make a handgun kill too...

Alright updated maplist:

Map list BF4 2

The "start-up list" is now a mix of TDM and Conquest Small Infantry only maps. People on the server still control what map by voting, the vote should show what map type you vote fro too by showing either TDM or CNQ (or something) behind the map name.
The server name will be: Noobs R Us BF4 Vote Infantry-TDM Maps

If you have additional maps you want on there let me know and in what form.

infantry only maps now online ? Yesterday we played a round of caspian border conquest assault large :D

it was ingenius <3 i loved it no tankwhores pure infantry combat a lot of movement and thinking asked reminds me of good old bf2 infantry only combat :D

i mean i played the other IO server dont remember the name but there it is too crowded ;)

thaaaanks loefti for this ingenious round looking forward to those in the future ;)

Users who are viewing this thread