Looking after yourself

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
My 97 year old mum is living in a nursing home and had a fall accident (she’s had several in recent years but only bruises luckily) and this time it was not without problems. Lots of pain and then taken to the hospital by ambulance. I went there pronto and then we spent seven hours in the ER incl x-ray etc. Verdict: pelvic fracture - but minor. Mum sent back to home at 01.40 a.m. with more pain meds and the next morning adjustments were made in her room due to her deteriorating mobility and pain. Visited her again yesterday and this ordeal has not surprisingly taken a toll on her. Her hearing and vision is also worse and with the heavy pain medication and fatigue communication is not without obstacles.

Her sister turns 100 years in a few weeks so I assume they are built quite strong thus I hope she pulls through this too…

My 97 year old mum is living in a nursing home and had a fall accident (she’s had several in recent years but only bruises luckily) and this time it was not without problems. Lots of pain and then taken to the hospital by ambulance. I went there pronto and then we spent seven hours in the ER incl x-ray etc. Verdict: pelvic fracture - but minor. Mum sent back to home at 01.40 a.m. with more pain meds and the next morning adjustments were made in her room due to her deteriorating mobility and pain. Visited her again yesterday and this ordeal has not surprisingly taken a toll on her. Her hearing and vision is also worse and with the heavy pain medication and fatigue communication is not without obstacles.

Her sister turns 100 years in a few weeks so I assume they are built quite strong thus I hope she pulls through this too…

Sounds like you have some decent genes on that side of the family. Hope she continues to recover.

Users who are viewing this thread