Looking after yourself

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Had the second dose of AZ yesterday. Side effects so far....

None

Because I was on a voluntary list from my doctor for Astra:

I got my Astra today I'm already feeling the rays from the sattelite
Maybe 5g is online soon too

I am waiting for tomorrow how it will feel like but living in Cologne i am so relieved that i got my dose now.

What was honestly a bit unfair is that on the countryside the waitinglists are shorter and younger people than me get pfizer immediateley. But now I can almost immediately forget what made me mad because now I got my dose anyways

• Love
Reactions: glenwilson
Well yeah, more vaccinations, less spread, fewer cases going to hospital, fewer restrictions because of this and fewer vulnerable people in hospital or dead

Last edited:
Reactions: lakaelo
Well yeah, more vaccinations, less spread, fewer cases going to hospital, fewer restrictions because of this and fewer vulnerable people in hospital or dead
yes, that would be some reasonable reasons but not, i will be back sitting in the restaurant, holyday, bar without needing a test. thats what i mean, it has not to do with anything about you listed there, its just for "i will be back into my normal life as far as i can".

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
If I get covid now it should be less severe and life threatening than if I didn't have the vaccine. Obviously the Delta variant may not be affected by the vaccine. I will also continue to social distance as far as I can. Had some woman the other day who bumped into me. Said sorry but continued to stay right next to me. Gave a death stare and got a "I am on my phone!" As a reply. I may have been less than friendly at that point.

Feel fed up at the moment with all the crap going on around the world. Even worse is that my favourite pair of shorts is approaching end of life. Got them about 15 years ago in the US. They are like those silky looking basketball shorts except made of really heavy cotton. I wouldn't actually go out of the house in them, even around here they would have looked out of place. They are now falling apart but still comfy! It hasn't been helped by having solvents dripped on them. The sanding sticks used for modelling are easily cleaned with a wipe on them (which explains why the material is a lot thinner there). They are something comforting and reliable in world and country that is anything but that. Maybe they will last for just a little bit longer... 😢

63D7A72A 6785 4E5C ABE4 6A28215DF7FA

Nearly needed a new screen. So tempted to just punch the shit out of that image. Also deleted the rest of what I was going to say.

I totaly get that and I thought the full wembley stadion was bullshit already.

To spread some positive news: I'll get biontech pfizer as second dose on wednesday to brace myself for the coming winter.

Is it just me (or perhaps memory bias) but I’ve got the impression that more people/strangers you meet on walks etc are friendlier nowadays than before the pandemic? 🤔🙂

Is it just me (or perhaps memory bias) but I’ve got the impression that more people/strangers you meet on walks etc are friendlier nowadays than before the pandemic? 🤔🙂

I think most people realized in quarantine/isolation that these tiny interactions with other humans, even if it’s just a small „G‘day sir“, are extremely important for your own mental health and sanity.

Would tend to agree. Our road has 25 houses and before all this started I knew and spoke to three families - either side and across the road from us. The others were just people in cars as they drove past. If you were cutting the grass and someone walked by they would be engrossed in their phone.

With lockdown more people were walking for their daily exercise and they would say hello. People also started to help those that needed it with shopping. Though restrictions have eased wine lady is still getting a few people to buy wine for her even though she often goes and is able shopping herself. When our postie slipped and broke his ankle there were quite a few of us helping and making sure he was warm with blankets, hot water bottles, and plenty of offers of coffee, tea, and brandy.

People do say hello now and wave even if in a car. Now recognise many more people from our road if not their names.

Would tend to agree. Our road has 25 houses and before all this started I knew and spoke to three families - either side and across the road from us. The others were just people in cars as they drove past. If you were cutting the grass and someone walked by they would be engrossed in their phone.

With lockdown more people were walking for their daily exercise and they would say hello. People also started to help those that needed it with shopping. Though restrictions have eased wine lady is still getting a few people to buy wine for her even though she often goes and is able shopping herself. When our postie slipped and broke his ankle there were quite a few of us helping and making sure he was warm with blankets, hot water bottles, and plenty of offers of coffee, tea, and brandy.

People do say hello now and wave even if in a car. Now recognise many more people from our road if not their names.
its nearly equal here. had now sex with 2 women and 3 offer me blowjobs here in the street so it looks they really care each other. :nailbiting: o_O

• Haha
Reactions: edgarsmelderis12
This seemed to be the best place to put this. 🙂 Today is packing the car ready for an early start home tomorrow. Had not been able to visit Mum because of you know what. Cannot wait to get away from here. Mum and dad always raised me that everyone was equal regardless of skin colour, religion, orientation or anything else. Now it is a constant battle not to say anything because she is constantly moaning about too many gays on TV, too many people of colour on TV etc. She would like a British doctor but that means a white british doctor. Absolutely drives us mad! I know as you get older you get a bit, er, crotchety but this is weapons grade stuff.

Try to do thing to help but nothing is good enough. Try to help with paper work and filing it but it ends up being a mess within minutes. She needs a hearing aid but doesn't wear it. She isn't deaf but needs a bit of help. Me: Do you want a coffee? Her: 😐 Me: DO YOU WANT A COFFEE? Her: No need to shout.... Watching TV... She has got a 65" TV so you can definitely see it. She has a sound bar with it and that is on near max, then she has subtitles on and then she zooms the TV image too so you only see the middle bit! Why? Battery in hearing aid is deaf. Puts a new one in but still wont use it! 🤬 Asks how to do something on her iPad but doesn't actually listen or look whilst you show her. She isn't going dotty or anything and there are no signs of any mental issues. She has just become this crabby old woman who you can never please no matter what you do!

Try do other things to help but cannot do anything yet if one of her friends suggests something then that is the only way to do some thing.

So we are really looking forward to going home for a rest! I know this all sounds bad but it is really hard work. Even going shopping was a titanic drama.

OK, rant over.

This seemed to be the best place to put this. 🙂 Today is packing the car ready for an early start home tomorrow. Had not been able to visit Mum because of you know what. Cannot wait to get away from here. Mum and dad always raised me that everyone was equal regardless of skin colour, religion, orientation or anything else. Now it is a constant battle not to say anything because she is constantly moaning about too many gays on TV, too many people of colour on TV etc. She would like a British doctor but that means a white british doctor. Absolutely drives us mad! I know as you get older you get a bit, er, crotchety but this is weapons grade stuff.

Try to do thing to help but nothing is good enough. Try to help with paper work and filing it but it ends up being a mess within minutes. She needs a hearing aid but doesn't wear it. She isn't deaf but needs a bit of help. Me: Do you want a coffee? Her: 😐 Me: DO YOU WANT A COFFEE? Her: No need to shout.... Watching TV... She has got a 65" TV so you can definitely see it. She has a sound bar with it and that is on near max, then she has subtitles on and then she zooms the TV image too so you only see the middle bit! Why? Battery in hearing aid is deaf. Puts a new one in but still wont use it! 🤬 Asks how to do something on her iPad but doesn't actually listen or look whilst you show her. She isn't going dotty or anything and there are no signs of any mental issues. She has just become this crabby old woman who you can never please no matter what you do!

Try do other things to help but cannot do anything yet if one of her friends suggests something then that is the only way to do some thing.

So we are really looking forward to going home for a rest! I know this all sounds bad but it is really hard work. Even going shopping was a titanic drama.

OK, rant over.
Family is the best thing in world but it can also be the worst at the same time. :)

Totally agree. Between us we cut down three big bushes in the garden that took a day for me and the Mrs, put up three heavy pctures, put up curtain rail and curtains, painted garden gate, installed a new lock on garden gate, installed and wired up a security camera and flood lights for the garden, painted the door step plus a few other things. Don't expect glowing praise but it would have been nice if she had just said thanks and had a quick look but there was nothing. Got home and there was an email that said "thanks for doing the bits and miss you doing the cooking", I know I shouldn't expect anything different as it has always been that way but it does hurt in a way.

Maybe it stems from when I was born and she threatened to chuck me out of the second floor window! 🤣

Man Im so sorry to hear that. Sound like LOADS of work. You are a really good son and your wife! <3 I have seen leaving old folks to fend for themselves, its so sad to see. Sometimes parents really arent the easies of bunch to deal with, i know my old man gets all pissy and anything you do is just rubbish because it should be done certain way, but in the end of the day, i just take a deaph breath and try again tomorrow xD ... I think it just comes with age tbh. I love the e-mail. See, she misses your cooking already! <3

Reactions: General_Misery

Users who are viewing this thread