Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Do we have any Darts fans here?
Was a great evening yesterday with many top tier players.

Not going to bore you with a picture but some final paint touching up (oooooer missus) and flooring ordered and that will be the whole house redecorated once that is down.

Weather is one of those dull, misty, damp and miserable days which makes you feel older than you are because it brings out the aches and pains. Wish I could go back to bed and sleep like the pic above. 😊

The wife let me go shopping. Only went for paint (not white).

Pic delete because it showed some naked penis

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: RIZLOID
They do the same kit in various versions.

A weekend edition is just a basic kit with just the plastic. Quick and easy to build. Painting can still take a while.

Then there is a profipack version. This has extras like photo etched parts and pre-cut masks for any clear parts. Build takes longer but paining will be the same.

There are also limited edition versions. Here you get the profipack stuff, maybe more photo etch parts and also resin parts that are more detailed than the normal plastic bits. Build is even longer.

I am currently doing a limited edition P-51 Mustang. This was £33 but the basic kit is about £22. I got photo etched seatbelts and dashboard that were pre printed, photo etched cockpit parts, mask for the clear parts, resin wheels and other bits which is good value as you would add another £30 on the basic kit if bought separately. Seatbelts and dash do look good and some of the other cockpit parts a visible and make a difference. But at 1/48 scale some of the bits for the cockpit are so small they are pointless and will never see them.

The more complex kits take longer to build as you have to use different glues for metal and resin parts. Details need to be painted as you go along. The mustang has taken about 4 weeks so far and the painting will take another week or so especially using metallic paints.

It can get a bit stupid with extra parts. There is a 1/200 Titanic kit that is £400. You can get a photo etch detail kit for it that is another £300, and finally an extra detail kit for another £150. A lot of these bit won't even be seen!

Last edited:
Reactions: We4re0ne
After last nights sunset this morning is fifty shades of grey! 😁 What is annoying about the pic above was that in the 30 seconds it took to get the iPad the band of turquoise had gone.

After last nights sunset this morning is fifty shades of grey! 😁 What is annoying about the pic above was that in the 30 seconds it took to get the iPad the band of turquoise had gone.

My grandfather used to say that red sunset means lots of clouds and maybe rain :D so he was right in this case

All his weather rules have been hillarious pitty that i havent written them down.

My father-in-law worked on farms and was a shepherd to and used to say "Red sky at night, shepherds delight" - meaning the next day should be nice. Definitely think you your grandfathers version is correct! :)

My father-in-law worked on farms and was a shepherd to and used to say "Red sky at night, shepherds delight" - meaning the next day should be nice. Definitely think you your grandfathers version is correct! :)

Well that are those which have to do with facts and not Maria or some religious stuff^^

Users who are viewing this thread