Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Are those the WTC buildings?
I was not here but indeed. (according the wiki they were in progress) It always gives me flashbacks about 11.9., I can remember that I was at my grandpa and grandma place and then we went home on the bicycle. When we were back home turning the tv on, it was on every TV channel. We called our cousin, which lives in Seattle if she is ok. Yep its on the other side of the US, but the panic made my parrents think about it. Strange that I remember it so clear, I was 6 yo.

Reactions: Riot_co
Are those the WTC buildings?
yeah, thats why I like it really much. I was a kid when i saw it all live on cnn. Such a surreal day... We were all in disbelief.. I remember telling my mom US is beeing attacked, she didn't believe me until I dragged her to tv :( live tv made it so nearby.

Reactions: StrrawberryA
I was on the ESB in the summer of 1978 and took a similar pic 😀. A friend and I took a flight to NYC and stayed for a couple of days and then boarded a Greyhound bus heading east on our two month US ”coast to coast” tour - happy days…

Yes, WTC buildings - didn't want to show it last week. I was at work and my mum phoned to say the second plane had just hit the building - she just needed to tell someone. People were just trying to watch the news on PCs (limited choice really then) in total silence and shock.

We had booked to go to the US for holiday on the Saturday. Didn't pack until on the Friday we saw the flights were just starting again on the Saturday. Our flight was one of the first out of Heathrow to the US and it was quite tense on it - don't think anyone slept. We were touring around the canyons near Vegas (Grand, Bryce, Dead Horse and others) and it was very subdued. Then flew to Chicago for a few days.

We did the tour of the Pentagon a few years back and that include the (inside) memorial for the people who perished in the building which was at roughly the impact site. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread