Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I quit Smoking nearly 14 years ago. Going from 1.5 to 2 Boxes to Zero. As always very hard and tried a lot before but the thing what gave me success Was the fact that we was going to built our House and paying 250 to 300 Euro, with my wife was Smoking too, each month just for Smoking is stupid when we use this money to pay the house instead.

But honestly, you need month to get this Smoking Routine out of your brain. Lot of "how nice would Taste a Zigarette now" but having this Situations before, you know its still Tasting shit and not like honey lol now i am really over that and i have no prob anymore to sit beside some Smoking Collegues or friends.

Reactions: Rumblepumble
I had my first cigarette when I was about 13 or 14, then, sometimes Ive been stealing cigarettes from my dad and after the school we were smoking to look more badass among the older guys. One day I have hidden the cigarette in the pocket and it broke, but I still had to be the smoking badass so I decided that It would be a great idea to repair it with ducktape (yes,really) and I actually smoked this. When I came home I turned green and been vomiting till the end of the day :D Never told my parents what actually happend so I spend the next days seeing doctors and pretended that I don't know what is going on. That is probably where I quit smoking forever :D

Loads of other kids smoked at school but I never did. I was lucky enough to be tall and could skip smoking and go straight to Carlsburg Special Brew at school lunch time. That was before there were any decent beers.

It is funny how something like tobacco industry is able to continue functioning despite the significant number of medical admissions that it causes. Yes alcohol and drug use also has consequences but it is significantly less than tobacco. I guess governments make enough money from taxing it or the companies 'donate' sufficiently for governments to look the other way.

Similar to guns in the US. Over the last 25 years there was about 1 million gun related deaths. Lawn darts had one death and was banned.

I've has multiple problems with addiction In the past, I used to be addicted to weed. But this was not hard to stop. But smoking however is extremely annoying since it's a habit and it doesn't have immediate negative side effect that remind you why you want to stop.

It's just annoying since smoking is just stupid, it's not tasty or fun and everytime I smoke I think why am I doing it.

But vaping definitely makes it easier for me

I am lucky in that I haven't really had any addictions. I do like beer but we have that maybe twice a week. We do have a drink with dinner, maybe a G&T or vodka and tonic but we do measure it. Coffee: have gone without that for some time and not felt desperate for them in any way. Probably the only thing that I should give up is food, or at least cut down a bit. :D I know I should exercise more but with hips and knees that are knacked that is hard. Yesterday did about 1.5km but the pain is quite interesting afterwards.

So I have no idea what it is like to have to give up something like ciggys, weed, alcohol, or anything else and support anyone who is trying as trying is the first step. Sometimes you trip up but you just have to start again.

Reactions: CapHunterx
Never smoked myself so cant say anything about it. But I do know things about addictions though. Ive had to use different meds that has hard addictive effect and stopping or switching them was neverr easy. Also I know that drinking 50-100 cans of beer every week is not normal. Tried to fight and drink less for years but.... No easy task.

Things could get spicy!

whale GIF
whale hunting GIF

• Haha
Reactions: RIZLOID and lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread