Database error in Bf2 - what can we do?

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
For the last two hours I have been trying to log in Bf2. All I've got is the message: “There was a database error. Please try again”.

I have been trying it many, many times, unfortunately to no avail.

Are there any other Bf2 players with the same problem?

Has anybody got an idea, what this means or what we can do about it?

Thank you very much, your help would be highly appreciated.

battlefield2.ms14.gamespy.com and battlefield2.master.gamespy.com still pings but ofc that doesn't really mean a lot, but there are reports I am seeing that a lot of other people are affected.

Odp: Database error in Bf2 - what can we do?

I could not log in, but when I turned battlehub, I updated it, and normally I logged

Yes, open the bf2hub and bellow that little 3 lines text there are 2 link options: enable bf2 hub network and disable bf2 hub network. Click on the enable link, minimize the hub to tray and log in normally to bf2 . It should work by now. :D

Odp: Re: Database error in Bf2 - what can we do?

Yes, open the bf2hub and bellow that little 3 lines text there are 2 link options: enable bf2 hub network and disable bf2 hub network. Click on the enable link, minimize the hub to tray and log in normally to bf2 . It should work by now. :D

Exactly what you need to do;)

Thank you for your help, gentlemen.

Yet, when I updated Bf2hub, I got:

Connected, sending request...
Downloading file
Download complete
Starting process...
Could not start process

I tried it again after a while and I got the same message: "Could not start process". :(

My guess is that if you had download the bf2 hub previously now it should be ok. Im not saying that downloading now wont work, it probably will. The problem that might be happening right now is that most people didnt installed the hub a month ago and now they are all trying to do it at the same time, so most likely jamming the hub download hub server.

Last edited:
Manuela, when you'll start your BF2 hub don't forget to switch to BF2hub network - otherwise it will connect by default, and you will get the "Data base err" msg again ;)

Thank you very much.

I hope that the only reason for this message is just the other players jamming the hub server.

Tomorrow I will try it again.

Can someone tell me why BF2hub needs write access for drivers?
Switching between networks requires write access for
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.ics

Also my Avira Antivir blocks BF2hub..

cos it changes the address BF2 looks for when it tries to log on master servers (overrides it if you will)

So I downloaded BF2hub today and got it to work and now it says:
login error account does not exist.

Found this on the BF2hub page: If you have not downloaded and installed the BF2Hub Client a few days before GameSpy has closed their network, we are not able to backup your essential Battlefield2 data so your existing accounts and stats are lost.

So what now?

I only have my stats saved at battlelog.co but thei launcher isnt ready...

So I downloaded BF2hub today and got it to work and now it says:
login error account does not exist.

Found this on the BF2hub page: If you have not downloaded and installed the BF2Hub Client a few days before GameSpy has closed their network, we are not able to backup your essential Battlefield2 data so your existing accounts and stats are lost.

So what now?

I only have my stats saved at battlelog.co but thei launcher isnt ready...

i think you got the point ;)

wait for the launcher to be ready the news say it will be tomorrow or in a few days ;)

its programmers doing their work in spare time ;) thank them and be patient

blame ea for letting us down ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread