BF4 Issues.. Any ideas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lol im feeling lucky i don't have problems with BF4. Server crashings are fixed and looks like sound bugs are more rare too. :p

The main issues with BF4 are:

1. Mouse - it sort of stops working. I can use it for firing switching weapons etc but will not enable me to move left/right. Escaping to the menu sometimes resolves it but quite often it doesn't forcing me to quit the game.
2. Sound - Generally OK but quite often it gets out of sync with the game and just disappears or the games starts with no sound. The only solution is a PC restart. Other progs using sound appear to operate normally so I'm guessing it is a BF4 issue and not a PC hardware issue.
3. Crashes - "Battlefield 4 has stopped working". One of the more frustrating ones. For this I try a repair install first and that often says everything is OK but can help. The other one is to switch from x64 to x86 (or back) - that is under the Origin game properties - and then restart the PC.

The above still apply in the multiplayer. Within campaign I think my "saves" were getting corrupted so after a couple of attempts it's now finished.

EA/Dice were asking game mode was your favourite - mine currently is watching the cursor in the top right hand corner blinking mode. Been entertained by that for hours now.

Last edited:
EA/Dice were asking game mode was your favourite - mine currently is watching the cursor in the top right hand corner blinking mode. Been entertained by that for hours now.

lmao me too. last days the game really pissing me on. mostly unbalanced rounds and a lot of hanging / crashing. but we have to wait for the first patch.

ffs,....take game back already and get your refund

its unacceptable to put up with this crap from EA/Dice, vote with your wallets and get your money back

ok I need suggestions to try because I get too many game crash on NRU server, I can play all night long on other servers without crashes but again just now I join NRU & game crashes b4 I can spawn evenp??

Re-installed the whole damn game and seems to work kay now. Lucky for me it didnt take too long to download it a second time. Played a few hours with only 1 crash!

just lmao, here you could use the IKEA slogan "lebst du schon oder wohnst du noch" : "spielst du schon oder installierst du noch"
(would be something like this in english: "Do you game already or are you still installing")

Lol good slogan sek.you figure though as games get more complex I'm sure we will see mute and more of theses bugs.I don't think it's right that the battlefield community are the one printing out what needs to be fixed.the devs should have done this themselves or already gave the game to us all for cheap as were the ones doing their job

I don't think it's right that the battlefield community are the one printing out what needs to be fixed.the devs should have done this themselves

There was a QA tester I saw on reddit Sweney adn in fairness the maths of it make sense...

Say there is 30 QA testers testing 40 hrs working week for 3 months say ! Thats just over 14 thousand hrs of testing.

When the game goes live to the public. Say there is 1 million buyers. After the first wk-end lets assume 8 hrs of play for buyer... Thats 8 million hours of testing After just the inital launch wk-end... Hence the battlefield community is gonna see more issues and bugs statistically than the QA guys can even over a 3 month period for them.

I'm not defending a buggy release in any way, its just I can understand where DICE are comming from.

As of now I have reinstalled BF4 6 times now. I just keep getting these punkbuster issues after a few games which makes me unable to deploy, give me huge loading times and kicks after a few minutes into the game.

I downloaded the whole 25 GB a few times which wasn't too bad with my connection, but the last few reinstalls I copied all the 1 GB data files to a seperate folder ( about 21 GB ) then started the download for a fresh install, paused it at 1%, cut and paste all data files back into the fresh install, resume download. Install jumps to 90% instantly, saves a lot of data and time :)

Although not ideal I can be back in the game in about 30 minutes.... Just can't get my head around the punkbuster issues, I tried everything.

ok i have big issues with this game. I can barly kill anyone when putting 1-2 mags into them so why is it i get 1 shot all the time normally from across the map by a pistol. Are people just hacking it because its shockingly bad or is it something else.

As of now I have reinstalled BF4 6 times now.

Just lmfao.

Mate thats just ridiculous.

EA/Dice still taking eager gamers money though...BF4 should be advertised with a 'purchase at your own risk' warning on it

ok i have big issues with this game. I can barly kill anyone when putting 1-2 mags into them so why is it i get 1 shot all the time normally from across the map by a pistol. Are people just hacking it because its shockingly bad or is it something else.
This, I've played with the network smoothing etc my ping is ~11ms and I can not seem to kill anything whatever gun putting 2 clips into people, they turn around with their shitty engi gun and blap 2 bullets im dead. Silly game is silly :p

As a test I got from pressing join to the deploy screen in 50 seconds (on an empty server). I use an SSD for the operating system and a separate SSD for game installs. Don't know if that is consistent with what other get. Busy servers can take a little longer. My CPU isn't latest generation but is fairly recent and my GPU is now a generation or behind but I get good screen rates 60+ on ultra and 80+ on high depending on the maps. I've not found a huge difference in visuals between high and ultra. Network smoothing is 20% - sometimes get little video glitches but nothing that detracts or distracts. Ping is usually around the 35 mark and I have more than enough bandwidth.

One recent round I was getting killed from quite a distance and my suspicious mind kicked in but I then thought I have also killed folk from a distance with a few just a few first time shots. Like samoz83 I can sometimes fire at folk as much as I want and they can get a kill shot in with anything from a sniper rifle to pistol. I'm guessing that whilst my PC is not the most modern I don't feel the need to upgrade again at the moment so is there something else that is giving other players an advantage? For example, is user.cfg acceptable or is that considered a hack? One I found suggests the following for the user.cfg file which, to me, looks like settings that could be changed through the BF4 console.

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

Last edited:
I would be extremely surprised if they picked up a cfg as a hack, by the looks of it they are just the in-game settings (apart from allowing DX11.1 which I guess is auto depending on hardware). I'm pretty sure it's just down to netcode and how shit it is in this game.

As for myself I think any change to the game that is not in the standard set of options given to you could be considered as a cheat.

Okay, not as bad as aimbots and wallhacks etc. but still these cfg files give you a small advantage over your opponent which isnt fair.

Users who are viewing this thread